Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Turns on 4G LTE in 22 More U.S. Cities

Default Sprint Turns on 4G LTE in 22 More U.S. Cities

Sprint has Monday announced that 22 new cities in the United States now have access to 4G LTE cellular coverage. Currently Sprint has 4G LTE coverage in 110 United States cities and expects to have 200 cities covered by the end of 2013. The 22 lucky cities that now have Sprint's 4G LTE coverage include:

• Baton Rouge, La.
    • Centralia, Wash.
    • Clarksville, Tenn.
    • Corsicana, Texas
    • Dalton, Ga.
    • Dunn, N.C.
    • Fond du Lac, Wis.
    • Gainesville, Fla.
    • Henderson, N.C.
    • Kingsport, Tenn.
    • Lansing/East Lansing, Mich.
    • Longview, Wash.
    • Miami
    • Napa, Calif.
    • New Orleans
    • Palatka, Fla.
    • Raleigh, N.C.
    • Sebring, Fla.
    • St. Cloud, Minn.
    • St. Joseph/Benton Harbor, Mich.
    • Tampa, Fla.
    • Warsaw, Ind.

In the near future, the following locations will also be getting Sprint's 4G LTE cellular coverage:

• Grand Rapids, Mich.
    • Aberdeen, Wash.
    • Allegan, Mich.
    • Ann Arbor, Mich.
    • Battle Creek, Mich.
    • Corpus Christi, Texas
    • Eagle Pass, Texas
    • Flint, Mich.
    • Laredo, Texas
    • Marshfield/Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
    • Mount Pleasant, Mich.
    • Oak Harbor, Wash.
    • Watertown/Fort Atkinson, Wis.

While Sprint is working on adding new 4G LTE locations, users may notice 4G LTE coverage before it is officially announced. Sprint notes that users are welcome to use the 4G LTE network if it becomes available in their area before it is officially announced.

4G LTE offers a theoretical download speed of about 100Mb/s, but because of the unfortunate realities of network congestion, download speeds on 4G LTE in real life situations on most carriers are more or less about 20-60Mb/s. Sprint has a track record of being significantly slower, but on the other hand, Sprint continues to offer unlimited data for its users. Many of Apple's latest devices, including the iPhone 5, iPad Mini, and iPad with retina display can take advantage of 4G LTE speeds.

Sources: Sprint

Finally more news about Sprint

Download speeds in Minneapolis on Sprint are terrible. So slow I decided to pay more money and switch back to AT&t. I couldn't listen to Pandora and use GPS at the same time. My dad still has Sprint and he hardly ever gets LTE. When he does it's slower than AT&T's 3G network. It's so bad I can't believe they can advertise 4G coverage in Minneapolis.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Their 4G map (http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?) is a great thing to check before switching. It'll make you happy to be with either AT&T or Verizon

I was with sprint for awhile paying about 80 month for really slow 3g and barely being Able to get any speeds in a lot locations in my area sacramento i left to verizon and paying 20 bucks less and getting LTE but only having 2gb of data at way faster atleast im getting my moneys worth with faster speed mostly everywhere too, glad i switched with no contract

Well I really enjoy Sprint. I used 65GB the other month and I wasn't even charged a damn gb.

I started to notice my ip5 signal saying LTE today.. T-mobile Chicago,Il
    Black iPhone 4 32G jail-broken iOS 5.1 R.P

LMAO, to bad an area of 300,000 plus is not a concern for Sprint. I know of many that have given up on Sprint in this area and they are the only carrier on plain old 3G that gets maybe 200kb speeds on 3G.

Sprint still sucks! Absolute worst service, even worse than T mobile here in IL.

I've had LTE here in Lebanon, PA for about 2 months now (there was no announcement by the way) and Sprint didn't even know about it. And Sprint plain LIES to it's customers, everyone in my neighborhood has been having problems since the 5th making and receiving calls and texts, even outages in data usage. Sprint consistently tells us they see no outage an the three towers closest to me are working at about 99%......come to find out Sprint can't even see the towers cause they don't own them!!!! They lease them from Shentell Communications in Virginia.....I'll be getting some service credit I know that much!!!