Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS Hacker Pod2g Says He is About to Switch to an Android Device Because of iOS 7

Default iOS Hacker Pod2g Says He is About to Switch to an Android Device Because of iOS 7

Well-known for his efforts in the jailbreak community, especially for his help with the most recent evasi0n jailbreak tool for iOS 6.0-6.1.2, is iOS hacker pod2g.

Pod2g said Monday morning via his Twitter that he is thinking of making the switch to an Android device after having spent a few days testing and having been dissatisfied with iOS 7 beta 1. Pod2g's comments rail Apple's design and features that Apple made available in iOS 7:

Quote Originally Posted by pod2g
    After a few days of iOS 7 beta 1 testing, I must admit that I am about to switch to an Android device.

In my honest opinion, this version of iOS is the worst move Apple did in a long time.

iOS 7 design is awful, it's slow, battery life time is the worst ever, it's full of UI bugs and crashes. OK it's beta 1, but still.

I am pretty disappointed by the features I've seen in iOS 7. No revolution here. No big news. Just kid painting.

They (Apple) are good at convincing people their software is 'amazing'.
    iOS 7’s icons, along with much of its user interface changes, have been frowned upon since the initial unveiling at the WWDC 2013 keynote, but as usual, Apple managed to tempt people to update by making their software seem “amazing” as pod2g puts it. Rumors have indicated that the icons are likely to change before the final release this Fall. iOS 7 also added tons of new features to the mobile operating system, many of which were available for jailbreakers first.

Apple’s Jonathan Ive took the challenge of overseeing iOS’ design and features after Scott Forstall was ousted from the company. This had a major impact on the design behind iOS 7, which for most is going to be like learning a new user interface.

Although iOS hacker pod2g may leave the scene for Android, his intentions on sticking around for helping with iOS exploits and developing jailbreaks are unclear. iOS hacker Joshua Hill is pretty confident that the next jailbreak may come from him specifically.

How do you feel about the changes in iOS 7?

Sources: pod2g
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-17-2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Edited title and word choice to reduce confusion (sorry!)

Later jailbreak...... It was good we'll it lasted I guess I'll be staying on iOS 6.1.2 forever.

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Later jailbreak...... It was good we'll it lasted I guess I'll be staying on iOS 6.1.2 forever.
    Or we can all just switch to Android and never need a jailbreak again!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOrioles33 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (06-18-2013)

I love how most everyone and everything on the internet is like an exaggerated, made for TV, teenage drama - everything is the end of the world - and you either love something or hate it. How about we all just take a chill pill and see what happens. Then we can make our choices. Sheesh.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to klouud For This Useful Post:

bluevixen (06-17-2013), buggsy2 (06-18-2013), ELLSBLACK6 (06-25-2013), HovikGas (06-17-2013), Perceptum (06-17-2013), Rcworship (06-18-2013), Simon (06-17-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Jailbroken iOS >> iOS >> Cheeseburger >> Rooted Android >> Android

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vinaygoel2000 For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (06-17-2013), jose060789 (06-17-2013)

Not sure why everyone crying about iOS7, I am running it on my iPhone5 and having no major issues. I actually like the changes to the OS and will certainly stay with my iPhone5

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wb4whd For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (06-18-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

He just said "I'm about to switch." Sounds like he was just writing that out of disappointment and not really announcing he's switching. Like when you get mad at someone and say "I'm about to slap you!!" Doesn't mean you are, you're just saying that out of anger....... Sometimes... ��

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to big poops For This Useful Post:

EdgeNsketch (06-17-2013), H4CK3R (06-17-2013), Maverick1925 (06-17-2013), Silverado1987 (06-17-2013), Simon (06-17-2013)

Thanks

It looks like a girl phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,324 Times in 1,029 Posts

I have a feeling he'll be back once he bricks his phone and has to make time for getting a new one! He's not gonna be able to help himself w/ trying to make it do something it normally doesn't do..

I personally like ios 7. So there. My two cents

16. The Following User Says Thank You to shigh For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (06-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Ummmmm no ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    You actually do need to root it to take full Android controll, which is basically a jailbreak.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Can still do more on them when they stock than in a iphone

Very misleading title.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post

Haha, I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Jailbroken iOS >= Rooted Android > Android >= iOS

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (06-17-2013), Schnedi (06-17-2013)

I don't think it's set in stone that he's switching, it just sounds like he's really unhappy with the current version of 7. My guess is they will get enough negative feedback that they will change the icons somewhat, and you know they will clean up the performance issues.

Also, even if he does switch to Android, that doesn't mean he won't/can't work on a 7 jailbreak.

Personally, I like the look so far of a lot of the UI elements, and I'm thinking that once 7 is jailbroken, I won't need to theme as much on my phone. (although I just saw some screenshots of FIF7Y's 'Origins' theme...the UI elements in that are incredible)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

If he actually decides to leave then he leaves...it's not like he was the only person working on JB's. Sure he was very helpful with them, but if he makes up his mind then that's that, no reason to make a big deal out of it. I personally like iOS 7, I also understand that it's a beta...this isn't the final product. If he does decide to leave, then best of luck to him!

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I like how he's acting like all the issues with iOS 7 shouldn't exist. It's beta 1 for god's sake, of course it's going to be super buggy. The new UI and features aren't even finalized anyways, so the look and features of iOS 7 could drastically change throughout the beta stages.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast