Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS Hacker Pod2g Says He is About to Switch to an Android Device Because of iOS 7

Thanks
    Thanked 3,151 Times in 1,352 Posts

Anyone on here wanna buy a Transformer Prime from me! I don't use it at all and it sits on a shelf. It's rooted...

FYI, I considered getting a S4 or HTC One till the ip5S came out until I read the reviews of those phones vs. iPhone 5. Seems to be a consistent trend where people prefer the stability of iOS vs Android and went back to iPhone (despite the few that are staying w/ droid). That kinda sealed the deal for me.

Plus, it always seems like the droid users keep comparing and/or contemplating if they're using the better device. On iOS, I just don't have that nagging feeling all the time!
    Last edited by thazsar; 06-17-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pakitos View Post
    You actually do need to root it to take full Android controll, which is basically a jailbreak.
    A stock standard Android can do more than a jailbroken iPhone so whats your point?

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

iOS 7 design is awful, it's slow, battery life time is the worst ever, it's full of UI bugs and crashes. OK it's beta 1, but still.
    Sounds like the SAME EXACT thing everyone said about iOS 6 when it came out in beta. Look at how that turned out?

I've been running iOS 7 since they released it, and I've had no major issues to speak of. Sure there have been a few UI glitches, easily fixed by closing/reopening the app I was in. And it occasionally will freeze up in certain apps and re spring. It's a beta, no big deal. I love the new UI, and it definitely out weighs the few minor mishaps that you should expect going into a beta software anyways. Just my two cents.

Apple can't extend battery life to SAVE THEIR LIVES. Every f-ing release of IOS continually degrades battery life that's already completely frigging HORRIBLE!!!! MFG!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bradmullins007 For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (06-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by peligon1 View Post
    I have every iphone apple ever made dating back to 2007 and not one time I bought each device with pod2g in mind or for the matter to jailbreak them.Apple products are solid all round with great craftsmanship and technology. ios 7 is in beta which means there many changes and tweaks to come ahead of its final public release. I am currently test driving ios7 and it is a masterpiece with great new features and a work in progress!!The news of pod2g(cry baby) oh he don't like the design of ios7 so he is switching to android, this might be great news for apple...maybe apple finally found an exploit to get rid of jailbreakers...lol
    Totally agree-Indirectly Apple is telling Jailbreakers u belong with crap in this case Android

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Are we sure i0nic didnt hack pod2g's twitter lol?
    LMAO. i0nic hahaa

Surely someone like pod2g moving away is a loss to jailbreaking? Why are people saying good riddance? Get rid of the cult following!

For all he and others have done to make your iPhone a far more pleasurable experience he/they deserve a fair well and hope to see you again soon, being in mind it's all been done as a past time and charged absolutely zero coin for their efforts!

Why some people are taking the side of apple when for the last how many years you've gone against everything apple wanted and supported the devs in the task of opening up the platform, all because he mentioned he wants to move to another platform, it just amazes me!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to yatezy For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (06-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Amen! Lol. 75% (or probably even more) of our news threads somehow always turn into an Android vs iOS flame war in which 99% of the wars do not consist of constructive debate/discussion. Just filled with "Android sucks" and "You're a fanboy." It doesn't even matter what the articles are about anymore.

This debate wouldn't even exist if the two aren't closely matched so neither one "sucks." I mean...do we see Blackberry or Windows phone entering these debates as of now? Haha...
    What's a blackberry? Lol

"OK it's beta 1, but still"

Because no beta software has ever had bugs before! I stopped reading right there.

Honestly, this is the biggest cry baby rant I have ever heard! If you're going to beta test something, then test it and report the bugs so they can be fixed. Don't test it assuming it's going to work great and then cry to the internet when it doesn't!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fleurya For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (06-18-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. Have both, like both, use both. My top preference is my jailbroken iPhone 5 but that's just my preference. Doesn't mean I like android any less and can't see it's advantages. It just irritates me when someone continually berates one of them solely based on their biased opinion and not on any actual facts. It's getting very old.
    So simon let me ask you since you use both OSs: My cousin has a Note 2 and lets say he wants to search for a video of an indian comic character (from back in the day), so he goes to the browser (not chrome) and searches, he gets a youtube link and clicks on it, a popup comes up and gives him 4 options to open that link, he chooses one and clicks "Always", youtube app opens up and video starts playing. Now he goes back to the browser and clicks on the 2nd youtube link, same popup comes up again and gives him 4 options again although he had clicked "always" the first time. This happens for all kinds of things and he gets frustrated. Things like directions searched from the browser, etc. What is he doing wrong? Why doesnt the latest OS on his phone remember the app to use everytime and keeps asking how to open a link?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    So simon let me ask you since you use both OSs: My cousin has a Note 2 and lets say he wants to search for a video of an indian comic character (from back in the day), so he goes to the browser (not chrome) and searches, he gets a youtube link and clicks on it, a popup comes up and gives him 4 options to open that link, he chooses one and clicks "Always", youtube app opens up and video starts playing. Now he goes back to the browser and clicks on the 2nd youtube link, same popup comes up again and gives him 4 options again although he had clicked "always" the first time. This happens for all kinds of things and he gets frustrated. Things like directions searched from the browser, etc. What is he doing wrong? Why doesnt the latest OS on his phone remember the app to use everytime and keeps asking how to open a link?
    Sounds like a bug to me. It shouldn't ask again if you choose one option and then choose always. He may need to wipe it and start fresh. Or go to whatever app it is continually doing this from and try clearing the cache and defaults.

Thanks

Sounds like a bug to me. It shouldn't ask again if you choose one option and then choose always. He may need to wipe it and start fresh. Or go to whatever app it is continually doing this from and try clearing the cache and defaults.
    Can he do that from the phone itself? Or is there an iTunes equivalent? What would happen to Verizon based bloatware (for the lack of a better term) - would that be restored as well? Is there an easy way to install a vanilla Android on it? I know I can google but I think that'll involve downloading some utilities and follow some steps?

Thanks

Can he do that from the phone itself? Or is there an iTunes equivalent? What would happen to Verizon based bloatware (for the lack of a better term) - would that be restored as well? Is there an easy way to install a vanilla Android on it? I know I can google but I think that'll involve downloading some utilities and follow some steps?
    Normally androids are restored right from the device itself. If he wanted to put plain android on there he may have to root it. Not too sure with a Verizon version and different phone models can have different ways of doing it. I've only ever had unlocked androids, normally I stick with the nexus line.

I like the UI, it's doesn't have a huge learning curve, but I must say I don't like the white, everything is bright white and it's just an unpleasant experience, lot's of crashes on 3rd party apps but that's to be expected, it's beta. The battery life is pretty horrible, I started having battery issues when I updated to 6.1.4, but nowhere near as bad as iOS 7. I think Apple added a lot of needed features and improvements (originally implemented by the jailbreak community and some copied from android(and you know it and can't deny it))but they gotta get rid of all the white....it's just too much WHITE.

I really like how people are calling Pod2g a crybaby, he's one of the few people who busted his *** to bring us the precious jailbreaks you all whined and nagged for months for, u ride his nuts when he's trying to do something to help you, and then turn around and chastise the guy when all he did was make a simple comment you didn't like/agree with......damn shame!

Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBlue View Post
    That actually brings up a point.. A good number of people whining and complaining about iOS 7 DON'T have developer accounts and DO have it installed on their phones.

It is a Beta and it is for Developers, It's not a finale product and therefore has plenty to be tweaked about it.

For the most part I happen to like it on my iPhone 5 with no notable difference in my battery life and I have had no bugs with stock iOS apps..

My biggest complaint would be safari and would not know where to begin explaining the numerous things I find wrong with it.
    True, but you don't need a developer account to install iOS 7 because it doesn't check the UDID, I don't have a developer account and I installed it on my i5, I gave it a nice little test drive for a week, and went back to 6.1.4. I had no issue with the stock apps, I didn't like t he changes they made in safari, and I definitely wish they would bring back the old keyboard layout (I don't like switching over to get to the period, especially when they are in integral part of going to a web page). Anyone can give it a test run and then roll back to 6.1.4, then we can all throw in our $.02 about it and maybe see where Pod2g is coming from.
    Last edited by thinknoffcenter; 06-18-2013 at 10:52 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

who says apple didn't improved anything in iOS 7 there are tons of new features in iOS 7. Lots of new security features(To see security features click here). Pod2g is saying this because he is no more able to jailbreak iOS. pitty on you Pod2g.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I have the Note 2 on VZW. If you do a factory reset it shouldn't bring the bloatware back. It just wipes the data. If you reflash a stock rom then it would. Unrooting it is probably a good idea if he wants to try and.rid that bug. I would first try as Simon suggested though to clear the data and cache of the browser and of youtube. Unrooting is not as easy as unjailbreaking an iphone with iTunes since there is not an itunes equivalent for Android. You'd have to use Odin and flash a stock rom to unroot.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Simon (06-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,151 Times in 1,352 Posts

I have the Note 2 on VZW. If you do a factory reset it shouldn't bring the bloatware back. It just wipes the data. If you reflash a stock rom then it would. Unrooting it is probably a good idea if he wants to try and.rid that bug. I would first try as Simon suggested though to clear the data and cache of the browser and of youtube. Unrooting is not as easy as unjailbreaking an iphone with iTunes since there is not an itunes equivalent for Android. You'd have to use Odin and flash a stock rom to unroot.
    I was about to say that I've restored my Trans Prime but its still rooted. I didn't know anything about rooting (and still don't) but a simple Restore will not bring his device completely back to stock.

Thanks

Could you please provide a link to a guide? What I'd like to see is a Note 2 with latest Android on it. No other BS like touchwiz or what not.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I was about to say that I've restored my Trans Prime but its still rooted. I didn't know anything about rooting (and still don't) but a simple Restore will not bring his device completely back to stock.
    Is there a difference between "Restore" and "Factory Reset"? Are both options available under Settings?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Could you please provide a link to a guide? What I'd like to see is a Note 2 with latest Android on it. No other BS like touchwiz or what not.

Is there a difference between "Restore" and "Factory Reset"? Are both options available under Settings?
    Restoring and factory reset in terms of Android are essentially the same thing. You won't get rid of root either way.

As for a guide, I would highly suggest Google lol. This is, after all, modmyi. Whatever rom you're wanting to flash to it, it's on the web. Lots of custom roms out there. Doing a flash to stock is the same process as whatever he did to root it, except you're flashing a stock rom to it is all.

Thanks

about to? switched long time

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast