Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS Hacker Pod2g Says He is About to Switch to an Android Device Because of iOS 7

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    IF you want full control. But its not needed since stock Android does more than a jailbroken iPhone anyway.
    This business is getting quite old... Your comparing an "open" OS to a "closed" OS. It's NOTHING MORE THAN A PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Everyone is entitled to choose whichever fits them best. You never hear "I LIKE Android better", or "I LIKE iOS better". It always turns into a fanboy war where one is junk and the other is superior. This is childish nonsense, and there are a LOT of people [in today's society] that just need to grow up.
    ...steps off of the soapbox...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to andygev35 For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (06-18-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone frail1's Avatar
    Thanks

I had every iphone on launch day up to the 4s. Then when the 5 came out I hated it so much I got a note 2 just to check it out. I haven't been happier. Someday if apple comes out with another game changer I'd love to come back, until then I see where he's coming from.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albut View Post
    At last it's official from one who knows. THE IPHONE IS RUBBISH!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by C2CA View Post
    It looks like a girl phone.
    ^this.

+1

In your wildest dreams that statement reaks of BS.

IF you want full control. But its not needed since stock Android does more than a jailbroken iPhone anyway.

Youre a very dishonest person if you think a jailbroken iPhone is superior to Stock Android let alone a rooted droid running a custom ROM
    If iOS is so terrible, Why are you on a site dedicated to it? Do you think you will somehow convince us that Android is the superior OS? Now you are being dishonest. Other than force closes, virus, & malware. What can stock Android do that jailbroken iOS can't do?
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SawyerBenjamin View Post
    Honestly I dont blame him. Now he gets all Jailbroken iOS features NATIVE on Android, ...
    That my friend is the biggest problem of Android. All these features come NATIVE on the phone whether I want em or not. You call em features, I call em bloat ware. iPhone comes with features 97% of iPhone users want. If you want to wave your hand one inch away from your phone to answer the call rather than just freaking touch the button, etc, you can jailbreak and get all those gimmicks. Does your Android also cook chicken for you?

See you later. Write if you get work.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (06-17-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

+1

In your wildest dreams that statement reaks of BS.

Youre a very dishonest person if you think a jailbroken iPhone is superior to Stock Android let alone a rooted droid running a custom ROM
    Another day. Another troll post. Android doesn't do more than a jail broken iPhone at all. That statement shows just how little you know about the current jailbreak situation for iPhones. You shouldn't make such bold statements on things you know NOTHING about.
    And how at all is he dishonest for thinking that?? I'd say his analysis is one of the more level headed ones here. Far more than any type of extremely biased analysis that you continually come up with.

Bored now.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (06-18-2013), vinaygoel2000 (06-17-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    If iOS is so terrible, Why are you on a site dedicated to it? Do you think you will somehow convince us that Android is the superior OS? Now you are being dishonest. Other than force closes, virus, & malware. What can stock Android do that jailbroken iOS can't do?
    They had the iPhone, registered with this website back then. Comes back to take a look once in a while and giving their 2 cents.
    Besides is there a rule where you have to love iPhone/Apple to be in this website or comment on this website?

They may not convince you but I am sure there are people on this forum that may be swayed by their comment, especially by Pod2g comment in this thread since this guy knows iOS pretty well to be able to create jailbreak. Anyways my next phone will be an Android phone, getting sick of waiting for jailbreak to get what I want on the phone especially now with iOS7 because uncertain if it will ever come.

Thanks

That's hilarious!, well thank goodness for Winterboard!
    Quote Originally Posted by C2CA View Post
    It looks like a girl phone.

Can someone please explain to me why I should give a rats ***? I could care less which device he uses, he's not stupid, he knows there's money to be made in finding a new jailbreak so he will still work towards that end when the time comes. If not, someone else will do it. See ya...... buuuuuubye.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have I missed something? Seriously! You have people on this site talking about how much more a rooted droid phone can do than a jail broken iPhone? Really?!? Can you really do so many incredible things on a jail broken iPhone or rooted Droid? Do these phones unlock the secrets of teleporting? Do they make calls seem like you're standing right next to the person you're calling? Are any of the people whining and crying about iOS 7 doing anything to make the software better? How many of the available features that a jail broken phone do most of us use? Maybe 10% at best! So you want free music and you ***** about having to buy it. Then when your phone goes haywire because the free music you actually stole had a virus; you ***** about viruses. Anything real or imagined most of us find a reason to ***** and moan about it. Meanwhile Samsung and Apple are getting bigger and bigger. You don't like the iPhone? THEN DON'T BUY IT! You don't like Android? THEN DON'T BUY IT AND STOP TRYING TO GET THE PERSON WHO DID OR WILL TO LIKE APPLE AGAIN! Most of us don't own any significant stock if any at all in either company so WTF are we really crying about?

I like Android almost as much as iOS, but the custom ROMs and small performance enhancements you can do with rooted Android still don't seem to offer the same level of customization as jailbroken iOS to me. I've tried quite a few ROMs and they all seem pretty similar. Maybe that's just because I don't have a flagship phone though (but it does run 4.2).

Anyway I think the main reason jailbroken iOS is more customizable is MobileSubstrate. That's why I said Substrate for Android might change that.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 06-17-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Thats not even true.

How are they bloatware? They're features. Meaning they're conveniences integrated into the OS. They're not apps. They're literally all hidden in the settings menu and can be disabled. And you just compared the iPhone to one line of phones. Vs all the other Android phones.
    Im sorry but your argument was just awful. Like, beyond awful. Lmao. Does it cook chicken? Grow up dude. You're obviously just another fanboy.
    Last edited by SawyerBenjamin; 06-17-2013 at 09:08 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Moving Backwards Instead of going forward, Always-making things difficult

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    They had the iPhone, registered with this website back then. Comes back to take a look once in a while and giving their 2 cents.
    Besides is there a rule where you have to love iPhone/Apple to be in this website or comment on this website?

They may not convince you but I am sure there are people on this forum that may be swayed by their comment, especially by Pod2g comment in this thread since this guy knows iOS pretty well to be able to create jailbreak. Anyways my next phone will be an Android phone, getting sick of waiting for jailbreak to get what I want on the phone especially now with iOS7 because uncertain if it will ever come.
    No rule at all. I personally enjoy using both iOS and Android. That said, there is a difference in a opinion and pure ********.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pakitos View Post
    You actually do need to root it to take full Android controll, which is basically a jailbreak.
    That I agree. In fact, rooting is a bit strenuous in comparison to what the devs have done for iDevices. Maybe it's also just bc I have Verizon and Verizon likes to lock down everything, so I have to unlock the bootloader as well. An unrooted Android still provides more customization than stock iDevice does, but to do what "true jailbreakers" as I like to think of us as, wants on Android does require rooting. Although I have to say, some things that I wanted to do on my iPhone after jb was easier to do on Android after rooting...I won't get into the specifics though, to save space.

Quote Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
    I just can't believe news reporting has come down to this. Whatever happened to real news? (No offense to the author)
    If the world didn't have "news" like this, and by like this I mean the "smaller things" in life, then we would just have a straight black and white life with no grays...which is boring. And random trivial news on Yahoo or MSNBC, or any other news site, would just be about politics and technology. Who cares about celebrity lives? Who cares about what a celebrity thinks or feels? It's fun to read about. It's nice to have discussions about. If you want to live a very black and white, no fun life (in relevance to reading news)...then you can do so...elsewhere. Your free will.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    True, but you can do more with a jailbroken iPhone than rooted Android (unless Cydia Substrate for Android changes that).
    I don't 100% agree with that. But maybe what I like to achieve on my devices is vastly different from what you want to achieve with yours. I've achieved more (bc in some aspects, doing so on a rooted Android is easier to do than on a jb iPhone for me) with a rooted Android than with a jb iPhone. Not much to really make or break my decision for my phone upgrades though. I find them equal enough to be considered, well, equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Another day. Another troll post. Android doesn't do more than a jail broken iPhone at all. That statement shows just how little you know about the current jailbreak situation for iPhones. You shouldn't make such bold statements on things you know NOTHING about.
    And how at all is he dishonest for thinking that?? I'd say his analysis is one of the more level headed ones here. Far more than any type of extremely biased analysis that you continually come up with.

Bored now.
    Mmhm. People often decide without really understanding the situation on both ends. Some people often decide without really understanding anything on either end at all. There are strengths and weaknesses in both OS's, one might be able to do something the other can't and vice versa, but nonetheless I find the two OS's to be equal in accordance to my own preferences.

So...what was he expecting, a pity party?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Mmhm. People often decide without really understanding the situation on both ends. Some people often decide without really understanding anything on either end at all. There are strengths and weaknesses in both OS's, one might be able to do something the other can't and vice versa, but nonetheless I find the two OS's to be equal in accordance to my own preferences.
    I agree. Have both, like both, use both. My top preference is my jailbroken iPhone 5 but that's just my preference. Doesn't mean I like android any less and can't see it's advantages. It just irritates me when someone continually berates one of them solely based on their biased opinion and not on any actual facts. It's getting very old.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I agree. Have both, like both, use both. My top preference is my jailbroken iPhone 5 but that's just my preference. Doesn't mean I like android any less and can't see it's advantages. It just irritates me when someone continually berates one of them solely based on their biased opinion and not on any actual facts. It's getting very old.
    Amen! Lol. 75% (or probably even more) of our news threads somehow always turn into an Android vs iOS flame war in which 99% of the wars do not consist of constructive debate/discussion. Just filled with "Android sucks" and "You're a fanboy." It doesn't even matter what the articles are about anymore.

This debate wouldn't even exist if the two aren't closely matched so neither one "sucks." I mean...do we see Blackberry or Windows phone entering these debates as of now? Haha...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast