+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iOS 7 To Likely See Major Revisions before Final Release

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple's iOS 7 To Likely See Major Revisions before Final Release

Quite a bit has been said about Apple’s iOS 7, with both positive and negative comments being made. New information that was recently released reveals that the design that was shown off at WWDC on Monday was merely a work in progress, meaning that the initial impressions everyone has are likely to change in the months ahead. According to the folks at The Next Web, people familiar with Apple’s latest mobile operating system said that the iOS 7 beta, as well as the preview shown at the WWDC keynote on Monday, is a “mid-stride” snapshot of the work being done behind closed doors at the moment.

The pace is so quick that some of the builds used to present the operating system on stage two days ago were later versions of what was seeded to developers in the iOS 7 beta. It can’t be confirmed at the moment which feature sets are more advanced, though the beta version is slightly inconsistent with the operating system demoed on Monday by software engineering head Craig Federighi. The fact that iOS 7 is to change before its release seems quite obvious as the software currently in the hands of developers are beta versions meant for testing. However, while the backend and UI tweaks are expected to change for early build software, the radically different new design language of iOS 7 is also reportedly largely under construction.

One of the things that’s interesting is that Jony Ive, who is now the head of the company’s Human Interaction section called on in-house marketing design teams to flesh out the first party app icons which have received overhauls in many cases. The sources said both print and web design personal laid down a framework of color palettes and a general “look,” which Ive’s app designers used as guidelines to produce what was seen in the iOS 7 preview. As with operational facets of the OS, these are also works in progress.

According to Apple CEO Tim Cook, iOS 7 is the biggest change to iOS since the first iPhone was introduced in 2007 and from a design perspective that is true. Ive and his team have managed to change the core of every theme and nuance that OS has amassed over the past six generations. From skeuomorphic iconography to UI and UX, the new iOS 7 tears down almost everything, replacing it with a clean, if not controversial, design. Apple has finally managed to achieve a feel that is at once completely new yet wholly familiar at the same time, at least in its current iteration. We’ll have to see how much of this sticks and how much will change going forward.

Source: The Next Web

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

It looks better on the phone than the shots that have been posted. It needs quite a bit of UI refining but its a better build than I thought before installing it. The third party app icons need overhauling now.

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont really know where to post this but this seems like the best place:
    Is there a bug in ios 7 notifications? Because every time i receive a notifications, i receive it twice :/ also i want to check if this is the correct dock because it seems different on pictures :/

Edit: i cant seem to upload an image :/ but the dock is dark grey not like the one shown in the picture above...
    Last edited by Faresismail; 06-13-2013 at 04:09 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

I would think so its still in beta stage.

Banned
    Thanks

It changes with your wallpaper.

Thanks

It will probably still look like unicorn barf.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jdot1224 For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (06-13-2013)

Thanks

I hate the icons and I don't want to see the "context" of things in the main window getting diffused as they scroll behind the top and bottom of a higher UI layer. They should add the ability to go back to the original theme we've all gotten used to over the year which looks far nicer. This is like a windows version of the iphone with their child graphics.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (06-13-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    It changes with your wallpaper.
    It looks to be very promising from what I have seen can not wait to get my hands on it and try it out but I guess it is best if it goes threw many changes before the release maybe they will get most of the bugs worked out and not have to have so many updates like in the previous versions of IOS

Green Apple
    Thanks

A note to everybody out there that is not a developer: In my own opinion, the beta looks a lot better in the screenshots that Apple has provided. If you want to update your device to the first iOS 7 beta, keep in mind that there are numerous bugs that make it unusable at times and it eats up your battery about 3x as fast as iOS 6 does (6.1.2 - 6.1.4). The beta was not built for your main device, but more for developer devices. This is common with the iOS beta's as they're built for developers who want to begin development for the iOS 7 GUI redesign.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by revblaze View Post
    A note to everybody out there that is not a developer: In my own opinion, the beta looks a lot better in the screenshots that Apple has provided. If you want to update your device to the first iOS 7 beta, keep in mind that there are numerous bugs that make it unusable at times and it eats up your battery about 3x as fast as iOS 6 does (6.1.2 - 6.1.4). The beta was not built for your main device, but more for developer devices. This is common with the iOS beta's as they're built for developers who want to begin development for the iOS 7 GUI redesign.
    As a developer, I wouldn't say the betas are for the "iOS 7 GUI redesign". The GUI is a small part of it . There's thousands of new API's and frameworks that developers are getting familiar with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by revblaze View Post
    A quick reply...I am NOT a developer either but am fortunate enough to have the iOS 7 beta installed on my iPhone 5. I have found VERY FEW bugs and found this a surprisingly STABLE beta. I also dispute the battery claims. The battery life is NOT shortened under the same use as iOS 6.

What I have found is that with "playing" with the phone significantly more, checking for bugs in every app, testing out new features and showing it off to friends, that it appears the battery life is marginally less but in reality, I am using the phone 3-5x more during this "testing" phase.

Banned
    Thanks

The only GUI bugs I have noticed are the status bar icons such as Bluetooth and DnD in various locations and sizes despite nothing else using space. The dock also appears to only show one side after using multitask at times.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

does anyone think that some of the major revisions maybe more features like themes? or even stealing from bitesms and having QuickReply and QuickCompose? cause i would like to see those things before i give up my jailbreak

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by plaintom View Post
    A quick reply...I am NOT a developer either but am fortunate enough to have the iOS 7 beta installed on my iPhone 5. I have found VERY FEW bugs and found this a surprisingly STABLE beta. I also dispute the battery claims. The battery life is NOT shortened under the same use as iOS 6.

What I have found is that with "playing" with the phone significantly more, checking for bugs in every app, testing out new features and showing it off to friends, that it appears the battery life is marginally less but in reality, I am using the phone 3-5x more during this "testing" phase.
    I would agree. This is a very stable Beta and I am pleased with it. I definitely am experiencing increased battery drain, not just from playing with it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markcrow View Post
    I would agree. This is a very stable Beta and I am pleased with it. I definitely am experiencing increased battery drain, not just from playing with it.
    After my statement, I decided to reach out to a few others about the battery...nobody I've talked to (only a few) has noticed it but it could be there...I know I was seeing a very huge battery drain in 6.1.2 - out of the blue and had to do a factory restore (to 6.1.4) and the battery issue disappeared. I have not seen it under iOS 7 beta but it could be because I had just had to do that restore.

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    The only GUI bugs I have noticed are the status bar icons such as Bluetooth and DnD in various locations and sizes despite nothing else using space. The dock also appears to only show one side after using multitask at times.
    I've had one app that the keyboard does not appear for entering measurements. I notified the developer. But so far very pleased with how existing apps are working with the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    does anyone think that some of the major revisions maybe more features like themes? or even stealing from bitesms and having QuickReply and QuickCompose? cause i would like to see those things before i give up my jailbreak
    That would be fantastic...Probably the JB I miss the most.
    Last edited by plaintom; 06-13-2013 at 07:46 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NOYB111's Avatar
    Thanks

Quick question.. when the beta version expires, does it stop working on your phone or just means you need to update to the new beta version? Can you continue to use the 'expired' beta version on your phone if a new version comes out?

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NOYB111 View Post
    Quick question.. when the beta version expires, does it stop working on your phone or just means you need to update to the new beta version? Can you continue to use the 'expired' beta version on your phone if a new version comes out?
    I think you could either update or restore to 6.1.3 or .4 depending on what phone ur using but im not really sure

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NOYB111 View Post
    The beta will be updated and you can update ota. It should carry us til the gm(goldmaster) release, which is the final release before the general public gets its hands on it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 836 Posts

Does iOS 7 have animated wallpapers? I would love to theme that.

If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from
    Thanks

Ios7 can easily be downgraded to 6.1.3, but has any body tried downgrading it to 6.1.2, if an Ipsw was available, for jailbreak goodness?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast