Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 61

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple's iOS 7 To Likely See Major Revisions before Final Release

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Still need to know someone with a dev account tho to register your device thru the portal.
    Not really no there is a version of ios 7 for non devs all u have to do is the following:
    - restore to ios 6.1.3/.4 depending of your phone
    -set up as new iphone
    -update to ios 7 using the ipsw file that doesn require a dev account
    The most important part is that u update and not restore updating wont try to activate your phone once this is done you can restore from backup to get ur files back...

  2. #42
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fresno, Calli
    Posts
    2,011
    Thanks
    2,650
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 751 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    Not really no there is a version of ios 7 for non devs all u have to do is the following:
    - restore to ios 6.1.3/.4 depending of your phone
    -set up as new iphone
    -update to ios 7 using the ipsw file that doesn require a dev account
    The most important part is that u update and not restore updating wont try to activate your phone once this is done you can restore from backup to get ur files back...
    Not needed!!! I have a dev account and been beta testing for the last 3-4 yrs. I actually test the software and summit bug reports to apple so they can fix it. I just don't run this for the hell of it and to show off to my buddy's.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Not needed!!! I have a dev account and been beta testing for the last 3-4 yrs. I actually test the software and summit bug reports to apple so they can fix it. I just don't run this for the hell of it and to show off to my buddy's.
    I personally think apple watches what is said. So the more ppl talking on forums are basically more bugs being found and mentioned. What i perceived from your reply is you feel like you are better than people who arent paying developers. I apologize if im wrong.

  4. #44
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fresno, Calli
    Posts
    2,011
    Thanks
    2,650
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 751 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    I personally think apple watches what is said. So the more ppl talking on forums are basically more bugs being found and mentioned. What i perceived from your reply is you feel like you are better than people who arent paying developers. I apologize if im wrong.
    Not saying that im better. But we get some many people starting thread about the same crap everyday just like in these thread on MMI. People spending 99.00 on a account just to complain about the beta and it not being stable so there going to downgrade back to iOS 6 or that battery life sucks or there phone is running warmer and etc.... these people are spending money for no reason other than to have the beta and say ohhh look at me im running iOS7 LOL its just stupid. There totally doing it for the wrong reasons. So when i hear you guys are running it for free? i see the same picture, you have it just to show off and not using it for legit reasons to help find bug and summit them to Apple. Also to let you know also? There might be a few Apple people that may float around??? But not likely and i say that because they hardly float around in the dev forums. That why bug reporting is so important. The Apple guys dont have enough time to spend in forums and read about complaints and stuff. Thats why they rely on us developers.

  5. #45
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,224
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 115 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NOYB111 View Post
    Thanks! Good to know since I will be on vacation on the 24th! I guess I will need to address this before vacation for sure... thanks again.
    Before that happen, you will receive a notification to upgrade over the air, so you will have no problem upgrading no matter where you are.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Not saying that im better. But we get some many people starting thread about the same crap everyday just like in these thread on MMI. People spending 99.00 on a account just to complain about the beta and it not being stable so there going to downgrade back to iOS 6 or that battery life sucks or there phone is running warmer and etc.... these people are spending money for no reason other than to have the beta and say ohhh look at me im running iOS7 LOL its just stupid. There totally doing it for the wrong reasons. So when i hear you guys are running it for free? i see the same picture, you have it just to show off and not using it for legit reasons to help find bug and summit them to Apple. Also to let you know also? There might be a few Apple people that may float around??? But not likely and i say that because they hardly float around in the dev forums. That why bug reporting is so important. The Apple guys dont have enough time to spend in forums and read about complaints and stuff. Thats why they rely on us developers.
    Well im no developer but i would be happy to submit the user bugs i have found. Just dont know where to report to. Also i downloaded ios 7 cuz im an extreme apple fanboy and i couldnt wait. Lol same with ios 6. Had to have it. And i of course understand this is a first beta so i expected some issues. But overall im happy.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    Well im no developer but i would be happy to submit the user bugs i have found. Just dont know where to report to. Also i downloaded ios 7 cuz im an extreme apple fanboy and i couldnt wait. Lol same with ios 6. Had to have it. And i of course understand this is a first beta so i expected some issues. But overall im happy.

    I'm Dieing to update my iPhone 4 as it serves me well but I won't just yet until I know I can edit the apn settings for my mms and data to use m straight talk SIM card. I kne the talk and text will work without having to edit the cellular settings but to get data to use the Internet and iMessage I would need to set it. Not unless anyone has or knows of a way without the jailbrake or unlock. Would a gevey sim still work if I pop it in and remove it to have the cellular data screen display!?

  8. #48
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    im running it on my iphone 5 with straight talk. just did the tmobile sim swap trick. internet and mms working just fine. there are a few bugs. and i keep wanting to go into cydia to refresh to see if theres any updates

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by weazle23 View Post
    im running it on my iphone 5 with straight talk. just did the tmobile sim swap trick. internet and mms working just fine. there are a few bugs. and i keep wanting to go into cydia to refresh to see if theres any updates
    Where did you get the tmobile sim swap? An how much was it if you don't mind. I've only heard about the tmobile sim swap

  10. #50
    If THIS is what they think every one was screaming for then I guess I'm just stupid because I think, for the most part, it's ugly. I dig the new home screen and how the tiles "float" but the UI is fugly IMHO. Flat, pastel ugliness. I'll continue to rock iOS but ffs, I'll cringe a bit ever time I open it up.

  11. #51
    It never ceases to surprise me how many people actually want a beta. Unless you are a developer, why would you want beta software?
    Unfortunately I doubt if one of the changes they make will make it useable on the iP4.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  12. #52
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MyE350OwNz View Post
    Where did you get the tmobile sim swap? An how much was it if you don't mind. I've only heard about the tmobile sim swap
    i already had the tmobile sim. i believe u can get one at a tmobile store for $15. it doesnt have to be activated. basically when you insert it all it does is give you access to the hidden cellular data network tab to change your settings. pretty much what the tetherme app in cydia does.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by weazle23 View Post
    i already had the tmobile sim. i believe u can get one at a tmobile store for $15. it doesnt have to be activated. basically when you insert it all it does is give you access to the hidden cellular data network tab to change your settings. pretty much what the tetherme app in cydia does.
    Interesting - the tab is controlled by the network settings, did inserting the t-Mob SIM ask you to update your carrier settings?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  14. #54
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Interesting - the tab is controlled by the network settings, did inserting the t-Mob SIM ask you to update your carrier settings?
    it doesnt ask to update. but you do have to multitask out of the tab into another app before you reinsert the straight talk sim. then multitask back into it. after you exit out of it its hidden again.

  15. #55
    More info please.
    Who was the phone locked too? How was it unlocked! What carrier settings are you using?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  16. #56
    You sir are full of ****. The battery life is horrendous on iOS 7 beta. Stop trollin

  17. #57
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    its locked to at&t. i never had it unlocked. the straight talk sim runs on at&t. at&t sims somehow hide the tab i guess.

    oh and my battery life isnt any worse than on 6.1.2. but it was jailbroken with widgets and other tweaks installed. so it might be worse than stock ios 6

  18. #58
    I just wish the map application on ios 7 will be better than ios 6. That is the only reason I am still on ios 5.

  19. #59
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    759
    Thanks
    400
    Thanked 78 Times in 62 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by algojobathosai View Post
    I just wish the map application on ios 7 will be better than ios 6. That is the only reason I am still on ios 5.
    Why didn't u use Google Maps from AppStore and MapsOpener from Cydia?

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Why didn't u use Google Maps from AppStore and MapsOpener from Cydia?
    That's what I use, but iOS 7 will mean no jailbreak (possibly for a long time) so iOS6 is here to stay for a while.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •