Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iOS 7 To Likely See Major Revisions before Final Release

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    The beta will be updated and you can update ota. It should carry us til the gm(goldmaster) release, which is the final release before the general public gets its hands on it.
    I guess my question really is, does the phone physically stop working when the beta expires? I know I could update or go back to 6.1.3 on my 4s, but curious if my phone is going to randomly die?

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,749 Times in 750 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TK4|2|1 View Post
    Ios7 can easily be downgraded to 6.1.3, but has any body tried downgrading it to 6.1.2, if an Ipsw was available, for jailbreak goodness?
    Nope because Apple isn't signing 6.1.2 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Does iOS 7 have animated wallpapers? I would love to theme that.
    It comes with one animated wallpaper that can be used on the lock screen, home screen or both.

Thanks

Ugh trying out the beta and my phone went blank and now sits here and vibrates.. i cant reset or anything!
    sigh

update: disconnected the battery and it restarted with no issues
    Last edited by camperchuck; 06-13-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Seems very stable since I updated having registered my UDID the only problem app so far seems to be eBay which just hangs on the splash screen. If that the only problem I can cope
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    Seems very stable since I updated having registered my UDID the only problem app so far seems to be eBay which just hangs on the splash screen. If that the only problem I can cope
    I've had the same experience with EBay.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

iPhone 4S - had no issues with IOS 6

IOS 7 - Beta 1
    Charged battery three times today and every thing is off
    Go to turn it on at times and see the Apple logo
    The camera app once you take a pic and want to see it it hangs
    At times it's pretty sluggish
    It gets pretty warm when charging

"Always remember your special and unique!"

I haven't had any issues on my 5 and the battery still lasted 8 hours at work with pretty heavy usage.

I'm thinking of coughing up the $99 to get a developers account so i can get my grubby paws on ios-7 to try out :-)
    Do i need a Mac to be able to do this or can i use my windows 8 laptop. I thought all developers needed a Apple Mac to be able to run?
    Sorry to as such a noob question lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aft3rD4rk View Post
    I'm thinking of coughing up the $99 to get a developers account so i can get my grubby paws on ios-7 to try out :-)
    Do i need a Mac to be able to do this or can i use my windows 8 laptop. I thought all developers needed a Apple Mac to be able to run?
    You can buy slots online for $5 and up to get your UDID registered and a PC works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by markcrow View Post
    I would agree. This is a very stable Beta and I am pleased with it. I definitely am experiencing increased battery drain, not just from playing with it.
    I've done the betas on iOS 5 and 6. 6 was perfect from beta 1. This beta for ios7 is not. And that's fine. It's a beta. But had to go back to iOS 6 as to many bugs.

And yes battery was not as good. And no it's not because I was playing with it all day lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

i just want contact pictures to be added to the messages and contacts app, as well as a quick reply option.

i'm guessing I need to contact apple for this request?

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

In my case yes, the battery drain much more than before, Kik app crash like eBay app and look like Airdrop is not working... some people with the same problem with Airdrop like me? My iMac can't see the iPhone and my iPhone can't see my iMac neither. Not complaining, just testing.

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    ...This is like a windows version of the iphone with their child graphics.
    That was my thought as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NOYB111 View Post
    I guess my question really is, does the phone physically stop working when the beta expires? I know I could update or go back to 6.1.3 on my 4s, but curious if my phone is going to randomly die?
    Not sure if it's been answered, but there's an expiry date on each beta.

I believe beta 1 expires on 24th July, after that you won't be able to use your phone unless you restore or update to the next beta..

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Not sure if it's been answered, but there's an expiry date on each beta.

I believe beta 1 expires on 24th July, after that you won't be able to use your phone unless you restore or update to the next beta..
    Thanks! Good to know since I will be on vacation on the 24th! I guess I will need to address this before vacation for sure... thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by andygev35 View Post
    It comes with one animated wallpaper that can be used on the lock screen, home screen or both.
    ...It actually comes with 2 animated walpapers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aft3rD4rk View Post
    If u look u can find the beta for free. I did

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,749 Times in 750 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    If u look u can find the beta for free. I did
    Still need to know someone with a dev account tho to register your device thru the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Still need to know someone with a dev account tho to register your device thru the portal.
    Why? I have it. Not registered. And i will do the same with the next beta.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast