Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Head of Android Development at Google Shows Interest in trying iOS 7

Thanks

Default Head of Android Development at Google Shows Interest in trying iOS 7

Apple recently introduced iOS 7, which many claim is the biggest change to iOS since the original iPhone launched back in 2007 The differences found between iOS 7 and previous iterations of the iOS mobile operating system are readily apparent and striking. Much like any other big change, Appleís new flat-themed mobile OS has generated a lot of debate. Some think Apple is headed in the right direction while others think that iOS 7 lacks the unique Apple flair that they were wowed with in previous iterations.

Interestingly enough, one person who canít wait to try out iOS 7 is the head of the Android development over at Google, Sundar Pichai. Some of you may know that Pichai was chosen to succeed Andy Rubin this past March. He tweeted the following which shows his interest:

Excited to try out iOS 7 beta, guess I need to register as a developer first
    If you set aside the whole controversy behind the topic, it is somewhat refreshing to hear someone in Pichaiís position expresses what appears to be genuine excitement over a competing companyís product. This may allude to several different things but one thing we definitely do know is that iOS 7 is increasing the competition which means more features for the consumers to look forward to!

Source: Sundar Pichai (Twitter)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

He obviously doesn't know he can Shift+update his iPhone in iTunes with the iOS 7 .ipsw

Quote Originally Posted by Reeiiko View Post
    He obviously doesn't know he can Shift+update his iPhone in iTunes with the iOS 7 .ipsw
    Even if you are not a developer? Apple will sign it? Where does one find the iOS7 .ipsw?

Just google it, many websites have it already

Quote Originally Posted by NOYB111 View Post
    Even if you are not a developer? Apple will sign it? Where does one find the iOS7 .ipsw?
    Just google it, many websites have it, make sure it's not a fake first, I ran into that at first

Thanks
    Thanked 2,320 Times in 1,027 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NOYB111 View Post
    I saw a bunch of 'pirate's sailing around w/ it!!! 😉

It's nice to hear an exec being honest about wanting to try another companies product. We all know it happens so why not admit it!

haha yeah. I did that but i have some cellular issues with the update? sometimes i'll have 4 bars/dots but then it goes to 1 even though im sitting in the same stop but when i reboot i go back to 4 and then eventually back to 1

I'm on 6.1 iPhone 5, if I was to update to iOS 7 will I still be able to downgrade back to 6.1??

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    I'm on 6.1 iPhone 5, if I was to update to iOS 7 will I still be able to downgrade back to 6.1??

Thanks
    Nope, you'll only be able to go back to 6.1.4

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I saw a bunch of 'pirate's sailing around w/ it!!! 

It's nice to hear an exec being honest about wanting to try another companies product. We all know it happens so why not admit it!
    Im sure he's looking for tech they stole to make it look and function nearly identical to Android and the plethora of other OS's out there. Let the lawsuit begin.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Im sure he's looking for tech they stole to make it look and function nearly identical to Android and the plethora of other OS's out there. Let the lawsuit begin.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Nope, you'll only be able to go back to 6.1.4
    Are you sure. I think you are stuck at 7 beta and can only go up. I don't think you can even roll back to 6.1.4

Dam that SUCKS!!!!
    Thanks anyways

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dave868 View Post
    Are you sure. I think you are stuck at 7 beta and can only go up. I don't think you can even roll back to 6.1.4
    You can go back to 6.1.4. I messed up first time I installed 7 and had to roll back then up to 7 again.

I came, I saw, I googled it as suggested. Well actually right after I made that post. Now on iOS7 on my 4s. Seems pretty nice. Not sure I am a fan of the icons yet but like many of the changes.

So only back to 6.1.4? & there's no way to modify the host file in 6.1.2 like other past firmwares?

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    You can go back to 6.1.4. I messed up first time I installed 7 and had to roll back then up to 7 again.
    I had to do the same, 3 restores. It sucked. Worth it for iOS 7.. I gave up my jailbreak for this.. So better be worth it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    So only back to 6.1.4? & there's no way to modify the host file in 6.1.2 like other past firmwares?
    Not available in iOS 6

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage122896 View Post
    I had to do the same, 3 restores. It sucked. Worth it for iOS 7.. I gave up my jailbreak for this.. So better be worth it!
    I did too and for a beta it works ok & I like it. Signal is a bit mad but ok and no GPS but I like the changes enough to keep my phone. Idk if it's me but it looks better on white phone!!! And I'm leaving my iPad on io6 tho just for moviebox

Just clarifying...your UDID doesn't need to be attached to a developer account using shift+update?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LatinKreationz View Post
    Just clarifying...your UDID doesn't need to be attached to a developer account using shift+update?
    Correct!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast