+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 7 Maps App Icon Shows Location of Apple's Future Spaceship Campus

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
iOS 7, which was unveiled at the WWDC 2013 keynote just yesterday afternoon, has many hidden features that have yet to be discovered. One that was recently uncovered by our
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iOS 7 Maps App Icon Shows Location of Apple's Future Spaceship Campus

iOS 7, which was unveiled at the WWDC 2013 keynote just yesterday afternoon, has many hidden features that have yet to be discovered. One that was recently uncovered by our friends at 9to5Mac is that the new Maps application icon shows the location that Apple plans to use for its Apple’s spaceship campus. The blue line in the iOS 7 Maps application icon encloses the property that the campus is planned to be built on.

Apple changed the Maps application icon in iOS 6 to a design that appeared to have the lit up route driving off of a bridge. Before iOS 6, the Maps application icon showed a route that was... a little less dangerous. It's good to see that Apple removed this dangerous gesture from the Maps application icon in iOS 7, as it didn't show a good impression of the application especially following the issues that people were having with it.

The detail in iOS 7’s Map application icon is a pretty small one, but Apple is known for including small, but sometimes-significant details in their user interfaces – icons especially; this comes from Apple's careful attention to detail over the years.

The Maps application will also be making its way to OS X Mavericks later this year with a similar application icon.

Sources: 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-11-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

At least the icon doesn't recommend crashing through the barrier of an over-pass and tumbling to the highway below like to old icon.

Thanks

Default Did anybody else notice...
    ... that the new Mac Pro takes on the same design as the new Apple Campus? Things are starting to get weird-er.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice. But does iOS/Apple Maps still suck? Google maps was/is vastly superior in iOS 6.x.x.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Nice. But does iOS/Apple Maps still suck? Google maps was/is vastly superior in iOS 6.x.x.
    I tested it today, very nice and the new UI of the maps app is beautiful.