+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Seven iOS 7 Features Apple Borrowed From the Jailbreak Community

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn I love how people complain that apple doesn't include enough features into their software. And them when they do include good features, people complain
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    I love how people complain that apple doesn't include enough features into their software. And them when they do include good features, people complain that they stole them from the jailbreak community. People are just going to complain to complain I guess...

Because Apple openly and continually tries to stop jailbreaking making up false claims about third party content, but when it benefits them, they will gladly steal the idea and call it their own. Apple does not give credit where it is due. They seek to benefit themselves and make it look like they are doing all the hard work.

Who cares what it looks like. Apple started listening to the jailbreak community and for that, I thank apple and the jail break community.
    Because it looks like ****, Android does not stop anyone from skinning their phones, they all look unique. Use an iphone and all you get is an iclone, everyone has the same boring looking UI.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,393 Times in 6,351 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Because it looks like ****, Android does not stop anyone from skinning their phones, they all look unique. Use an iphone and all you get is an iclone, everyone has the same boring looking UI.
    If your buying a phone based on how the UI looks, then you deserve an android based phone.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (06-11-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Oh my god people are retarded. First they keep complaining that ios doesnt have toggles.. It doesnt have the cool android features. And when they do introduce them, they are bad for having taken it off from some tweak that already does it. Grow up pessimists.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess Apple might as well not do any more updates since everyone is saying that they're stealing from everybody. Rather than be grateful for these changes you want to take away from it saying Apple didn't do nothing but steal from others.

Would you rather have these features by jailbreaking or have them stock? Just because these apps and tweaks were done before Apple implemented them doesn't mean Apple is stealing. They're adding features that people obviously wanted to have.

SMFH

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DayumQuitPlayin For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (06-11-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone kosher1's Avatar
    Thanks

"Borrowed"? More like STOLE!

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    I guess Apple might as well not do any more updates since everyone is saying that they're stealing from everybody. Rather than be grateful for these changes you want to take away from it saying Apple didn't do nothing but steal from others.

Would you rather have these features by jailbreaking or have them stock? Just because these apps and tweaks were done before Apple implemented them doesn't mean Apple is stealing. They're adding features that people obviously wanted to have.

SMFH
    Ok fine. Agreed. But give credit where credit is due. Phukin apple pigs.
    Last edited by kosher1; 06-10-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    If your buying a phone based on how the UI looks, then you deserve an android based phone.
    And if your buying a phone because your a loyal Apple sheep, than you deserve a boring, ugly UI and features that have been the same for, what, 7 years now?

Yup, you got the right phone. Now with an REALLY ugly UI and more features they didn't invent - and guess what, now it's just all dressed up pretty, or they thought it was.

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    I guess Apple might as well not do any more updates since everyone is saying that they're stealing from everybody.
    Agreed. Smartest thing on these forums all day long.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple has been "borrowing" stuff since Steve jobs "borrowed" the mouse from Xerox.

Thanks

ill probably upgrade, it will give me time to get used to the new iOS, and make me miss my jailbreak, at least then ill be able to appreciate it that much more once i get it back

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iGamers For This Useful Post:

dsg (06-11-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekid05's Avatar
    Thanks

i actually watched the keynote live, and as they were going through all of these new features, i was comparing them to what i already have on my jailbroken ip5, im hoping this means that the tweaks the jailbreak community comes up with for iOS 7 will be that much better.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thekid05 For This Useful Post:

dsg (06-11-2013)

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 760 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekid05 View Post
    i actually watched the keynote live, and as they were going through all of these new features, i was comparing them to what i already have on my jailbroken ip5, im hoping this means that the tweaks the jailbreak community comes up with for iOS 7 will be that much better.
    What happens a lot of times is when Apple introduces something new into iOS, the jailbreak community tries to make it better.

One thing I can predict happening right off the bat is Apple's new Control Center getting more toggles through the use of jailbreak tweaks.

A lot of things the jailbreak community has offered for users now have similar offerings in iOS 7 stock, but the jailbreak community will now try to make them more useful and offer more functions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    what doesn't Apple take, they're magpies and for that reason they need the jailbreaking community
    Hillarious. How many people in the JB community have had a brand new idea?
    Secondly Apple is a very secretive company. I'd suggest it's possible that they had some of these ideas beforehand but couldn't implement in a way that suited them at the time.

Why do jailbreakers think they invented everything?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone who's on iOs 7 beta atm? How is it working? Is it stable? Major bugs? Wanna get it a shot myself but don't want to have a gigantic bug or some ****.

Thanks

I like iOS 7. I really think Apple have gone out of their way to mature and move iOS along. A complete overhaul of the UI design is radical for Apple if you consider it has barely changed since its 2007 debut.

Having said that and I mentioned this in another thread: All Apple needed to do for iOS 7 is endorse jailbreaking.

iOS 7's main feature: Cydia, available from the AppStore for $7.

Will I sacrifice my JB for 7, definitely not. Why will I need to? How long before every element of 7 has been replicated and is available via Cydia? A month? 2 months?!!!

LONG LIVE CYDIA!!!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sand_man For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (06-12-2013), kosher1 (06-11-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why do they make it so hard to jailbreak. It seems like they should embrace it since that is where they are getting all of their new features from. It's like jailbreak devs are designing IOS for them.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mwhite67 For This Useful Post:

dsg (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

You can also put as many icons as you like in a folder. Us jailbreakers could do that ever since folders were possible!!!

Banned
    Thanks

I like how you use the term "borrowed" but when others do it its stealing right? also, what makes you so certain that these came from the jailbreak community who by the way make these tweaks and mods based upon what stock Android does.

Green Apple
    Thanks

iOS 7 looks pretty sweet. I'm a 4s user so I'm bummed that I won't get filters or AirDrop. I'm not sure if I'll wait for a jailbreak or not. I honestly don't use quick reply very often even though I have Messages+. The only two things on my wishlist (for stock iOS or jailbreak) is being able to close all safari tabs at once with a button and being able to play a song on shuffle for your alarm. These seem like really basic functions that aren't possible, jailbroken or not.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I have always suspected Apple to have a lot more to do with the jailbreak community than they will ever admit. The pattern of jailbreaks vs firmware release alone is a bit suspect. Anyway, I'm glad they took a cue from what has been quite popular on Cydia.

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    na I don't like the look of iOS 7, I want it jailbroken so I can theme it
    It might be harder to make themes utilize the 3d back ground, but i do agree

26. The Following User Says Thank You to buttamix For This Useful Post:

dsg (06-11-2013)

Zon
    Green Apple
    Thanks

The floating icons were also first shown in a Jailbreak app. The effect was really noticeable if you viewed it with only one eye open, with both eyes open the 3-D floating icond effect greatly diminishes.