+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What iOS 7 Means for Jailbreakers; Modders and Tweak Lovers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
All the tweaks I use are now integrated right in iOS7 I'm jumping ship from jailbreak for now. I love the stock feel of iOS7. And if a iOS7 jailbreak
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Sakyr's Avatar
    Thanks

All the tweaks I use are now integrated right in iOS7 I'm jumping ship from jailbreak for now. I love the stock feel of iOS7.

And if a iOS7 jailbreak is released ill be right back on track if I need new tweaks.

Thanks

The ugliest thing ive ever seen. Never want to upgrade. I'm disappointed in Apple

3. The Following User Says Thank You to s0ulp1xel For This Useful Post:

Black331 (06-12-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone AmadeusKaelPyralis's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree, the icons are a mash again... like between iOS 3 and 4... they are going for this white crap with slim typeface but have not updated them all to really flow. My themes, being able to fully customize my phone (ALL sounds, ALL icons, etc) is precious. Hell, up until December I was still running iOS 5... and it was a mistake to upgrade. I had to reinvent all of my themes because the iOS 6 file system was completely different.

And regardless of this, there are things iFunBox, iPhone Browser, etc., can do that iTunes cannot... and those programs are limited without jailbreaking. It was nice to be able to recover things and access things on the device before I formatted my machine and had to sync (thus losing everything on the device and forcing me to update... hence December). Then I realized I could actually do everything iTunes does and more with iFunBox...

I, for one, would not update unless forced to. If the iPhone 5S comes out and comes with iOS 7 then I will have to upgrade and I should hope they release a jailbreak for it. There will ALWAYS be more customization and tweaks as iOS versions are released, and without a jailbreak we would be at Apple's mercy as to when and if they are put into an iOS. It is my opinion that the jailbreak community fuels the iOS updates we see... completely. They watch us like hawks then try to put those things into iOS. Without a jailbreak, we'd see no improvements.

Keep jailbreaking, keep pushing the limits, and keep supporting those Developers!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I would definitely want to jailbreak for the following functionalities :

1. System wide TouchPal keyboard.
    2. Activator: I love being able to start and pause music by long pressing home button, skip by long pressing volume up button, and go back by long pressing volume down button from anywhere, even without turning on the phone.
    3. YouTube download and add to music video library with Yourtube.

The biggest disappointment I had for iOS 7 was not having a slide keyboard like TouchPal or Swype.
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 06-10-2013 at 05:52 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I was really dreading the "flat" UI. It is a lot better than I expected. Not loving the icons, but I hide 95% of them in folders anyway. For me upgrading would cause me to lose quick rely. Everything else is trivial. I'll update the wife's phone test it see how it goes, before I take the plunge to no jailbreak.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'll more than likely be upgrading to iOS7. Nowadays it seems like I mainly use JB for SBSettings, infinifolders, and removing icons names. Now that there will be toggles and no longer a limit for apps in folders, not much else I need. AT&T will finally be allowing unlimited users to facetime over 4G/LTE (for the 3 times I've ever facetime'd) so there goes most of what I use 3G unrestricter for. There may be small tweaks I'd still like, but hardly deal breakers and all I could live without until an iOS7 JB does come out. Nice work Apple. iOS has come a long way since the original iPhone! Shame we'll have to wait until fall (and I'm sure it'll be LATE fall at that) for all the new features.

I'll more than likely be upgrading to iOS7. Nowadays it seems like I mainly use JB for SBSettings, infinifolders, and removing icons names. Now that there will be toggles and no longer a limit for apps in folders, not much else I need. AT&T will finally be allowing unlimited users to facetime over 4G/LTE (for the 3 times I've ever facetime'd) so there goes most of what I use 3G unrestricter for. There may be small tweaks I'd still like, but hardly deal breakers and all I could live without until an iOS7 JB does come out. Nice work Apple. iOS has come a long way since the original iPhone! Shame we'll have to wait until fall (and I'm sure it'll be LATE fall at that) for all the new features.

You can finally put Newstand in a folder?! SOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    Last edited by mdwsta4; 06-10-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Thanks

No biteSMS no upgrade. The rest I can live with but no QR is a deal-breaker. It's the most-used app on my i4. That said, I will probably get a 5S when they come out, and will be stuck with 7 until a JB is available, as my i4 is getting a bit long in the tooth. I'm not looking forward to having a stupid clock and slider on my lockscreen again, though. I don't JB except for GUI tweaks and bite.

Banned
    Thanks

Edit
    Last edited by Just Dummy; 06-10-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ajzride View Post
    Still no quick reply for SMS.
    Still no app-specific passcodes.
    Still need a jailbreak
    Quick reply IMO is one the, if not most convenient features to have. Its not about being lazy but quick reply and using activator to start a text from anywhere saves time and enables you to text and keep doing what your doing its just convenient makes sense.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

AirDrop sounds pretty sick, other then that some of the design looks like android and windows phone mix.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Unless you're hiding something from your wife, app specific codes don't really apply as a needed tweak for everyone that apple will make it possible....just put a normal pass code on your iDevice and don't let anyone touch it.....I do admit that quick reply is a needed function, but I been handling with Siri to reply for me.....I am gonna miss tethering at times but not as much

I disagree. There are plenty of legit reasons, especially for those who use their phone at work, for wanting some apps to require a password every time you open them. In fact for some in the medical field it is illegal for their spouses to see some of their work related data.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ajzride View Post
    I disagree. There are plenty of legit reasons, especially for those who use their phone at work, for wanting some apps to require a password every time you open them. In fact for some in the medical field it is illegal for their spouses to see some of their work related data.
    I hear you as I work in the medical field as an RN , but the way I see it is.....1...your not supposed to use a cell phone in the medical field....2...why not put the default password options and lock the whole phone from prying eyes.....that's why it's there

Having a password for an app is redundant being as there is a system wide security feature. Lock all apps in one shot instead of just one or two....and it's not secure....ok so u have an app locked...open up cydia and uninstall said lock app...done...oh wait , why not put a lock on cydia as well? Ok...kick the phone into safe mode, then open cydia and delete said security app...redundant
    Last edited by z3r01; 06-10-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Meh jailbreak, iOS 7 is good enough for me. Most of the tweaks I have are covered in iOS 7.

Thanks

While watching the iOS 7 part of the keynote, it was very noticeable that at least half of it is stuff that i already have via JB tweaks.
    Having complete control over my phone is a lot better than the minimal control & only some of the tweaks.
    And the nasty, android looking apps, are rediculous. those fugly apps make the device they're on, look shitdroidish.
    All those upgrading to iOS 7 when it's released, are androiders in disguise, and have no purpose owning an apple device.

...to each his own i guess.
    Some may want the smoothness, goodness, secureness of an apple device, combined with the fugliness, and dumb gestures of the shitdroid.

Having an apple device, and not using it to its full potential, is like having a race car, and only using it to do groceries.

I for one, will stick with my JB.
    Last edited by LudaChris; 06-10-2013 at 08:21 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LudaChris For This Useful Post:

kosher1 (06-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaliRican415 View Post
    Did they fix the keyboard issues? I wish Apple would come out with a dual account so if someone wants to use my phone then I can give them the basic password and protect my privacy. Hopefully Evasi0n will come out with a 6.1.4 jailbreak.
    What mean CaliRican?

Banned
    Thanks

I'm waiting for the 6.1.4 jb on my 5 also.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    I'm waiting for the 6.1.4 jb on my 5 also.
    Well that definitely won't happen. Hackers have already expressed their wishes to hold onto exploits for a major release, like iOS 7.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (06-10-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    I respect your opinion , but would you kind telling me why you think it wouldn't? Like what apps you think are worth not losing :-) I'm just curious :-)
    PDANet, Bolt, CarrierPigeon.

Quote Originally Posted by ToldYa View Post
    Don't you EVER talk about Crapple like that! EVERYTHING they do is AMAZING no matter how FUGLY it is. You sir need to step your fanboy game up a little
    Step his fanboy game up!!! He owns ModMyi. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ToldYa View Post
    You think that just because they're integrated now that that automatically makes them AMAZING? You think that just because iOS 7 comes with a built in call/message blocker that it will be anything like iBlacklist?

Or what about the new Control Center? I guarantee you that once you actually use the new Control Center you will see that SBSettings will no doubt still have way more features. That's because when Crapple does something they only do it half assed. They don't know how to go hard, they only know how to go SOFT!
    You really think that the developer of iBlacklist is smarter than entire team of thousands of Apple engineers. Really?
    Last edited by vinaygoel2000; 06-10-2013 at 09:23 PM.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast