+ Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What iOS 7 Means for Jailbreakers; Modders and Tweak Lovers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I'm wondering how the App Store icons are fitting into all of this? Are they just removing the gloss or forcing redesigns? If they are left as is it will
    Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,696 Posts

I'm wondering how the App Store icons are fitting into all of this? Are they just removing the gloss or forcing redesigns? If they are left as is it will be quite a clash of styles.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Dummy For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (06-10-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If google is paying attention, this version of iOS will never see the light of day, it is a blatant rip off of Android, anyone who cannot see this needs to get their eyes checked or is in serious denial.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    iOS 7 has taken a lot of ideas from the jailbreak community, such as toggles, animated wallpapers, Notification Center on the lock screen, improved interfaces, blocking texters and callers, multitasking application previews, and many more.

taken from the Jailbreak community? lmfao. ALL OF THIS IS FROM ANDROID and that's exactly where the Cydia devs got the ideas from.

some old guy once said that 2011 was the year of the copycats because other companies made tablets...I wonder what he'd say about 2013.
    Actually some of these tweaks...well ,simply all , are taken from very early Cydia tweaks that weren't on android when first introduced....I been following android and iOS since their birth. The only thing apple has truly taken from android is notification center.
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Unless you're hiding something from your wife, app specific codes don't really apply as a needed tweak for everyone that apple will make it possible....just put a normal pass code on your iDevice and don't let anyone touch it.....I do admit that quick reply is a needed function, but I been handling with Siri to reply for me.....I am gonna miss tethering at times but not as much
    youre an nice person if you think that because someone wants passcoded apps that theyre hiding something from their wife, maybe you dont have friends but a lot of us do and sometimes they use our phones and theres certain things we dont want them going in so this tweak would be useful for a lot of people
    Last edited by z3r01; 06-10-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Thanks
    iOS 7 is worth losing jailbreak

Thanks
    Thanked 19,189 Times in 4,213 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    I'm wondering how the App Store icons are fitting into all of this? Are they just removing the gloss or forcing redesigns? If they are left as is it will be quite a clash of styles.
    True that!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    youre an if you think that because someone wants passcoded apps that theyre hiding something from their wife, maybe you dont have friends but a lot of us do and sometimes they use our phones and theres certain things we dont want them going in so this tweak would be useful for a lot of people
    Whoa whoa whoa buddy, the idiot remark isn't necessary....I'm not trying to offend you...it was a mere example..I admit poorly executed...but seriously...it isn't a most valuable reason....but simple, I have lots of friends...too many actually...and I know they trust me and I trust them....they use my phone, it's for the purpose they need and right back...no digging thru my important emails, accounts, nothing...so I don't have a need since I trust them. But nonetheless....it's not that much of a needed tweak that needs to be on iOS for someone not to jailbreak....tethering is something I see someone wanting to jailbreak...sbsettings, quick reply, theming, task managers...these are great....app pass codes....nope...don't see it....

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

iOS 7 has taken a lot of ideas from the jailbreak community, such as toggles, animated wallpapers, Notification Center on the lock screen, improved interfaces, blocking texters and callers, multitasking application previews, and many more.

taken from the Jailbreak community? lmfao. ALL OF THIS IS FROM ANDROID and that's exactly where the Cydia devs got the ideas from.

some old guy once said that 2011 was the year of the copycats because other companies made tablets...I wonder what he'd say about 2013.
    Many of these ideas were out on personal computers before Android and other mobile devices, so don't give us that

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (06-10-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ajzride View Post
    Still no quick reply for SMS.
    Still no app-specific passcodes.
    Still need a jailbreak
    For me add tweaks that add functionality from non-Apple services, such as GV integration
    The ability to see when music tracks change as notifications
    Icon- or other based notifications (such as OpenNotifier)
    Full Force

That said, I'll probably end up updating my iPhone 5 to iOS7, but my iPad 3 will stay JB on 6.1 until we have an iOS7 jailbreak.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage122896 View Post
    iOS 7 is worth losing jailbreak
    I respect your opinion , but would you kind telling me why you think it wouldn't? Like what apps you think are worth not losing :-) I'm just curious :-)

Thanks

Did they fix the keyboard issues? I wish Apple would come out with a dual account so if someone wants to use my phone then I can give them the basic password and protect my privacy. Hopefully Evasi0n will come out with a 6.1.4 jailbreak.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    For me add tweaks that add functionality from non-Apple services, such as GV integration
    The ability to see when music tracks change as notifications
    Icon- or other based notifications (such as OpenNotifier)
    Full Force

That said, I'll probably end up updating my iPhone 5 to iOS7, but my iPad 3 will stay JB on 6.1 until we have an iOS7 jailbreak.
    This is a perfect example ! See , apps like GV extension (which I use) is a needed app!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Actually some of these tweaks...well ,simply all , are taken from very early Cydia tweaks that weren't on android when first introduced....I been following android and iOS since their birth. The only thing apple has truly taken from android is notification center.
    Here is some food for thought, apple takes ideas from the jailbreak community and implements them, but they fight tooth and nail against jailbreaking and go so far as to threaten people, drumming up lies that it will ruin your device, cause to crash and break. Something wrong with this picture?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,189 Times in 6,972 Posts

He'd say what goes around comes around. Time to get over it and stop trolling.

Thanks

>Steals ideas from jailbreak community
    >Gives us no credit
    >Still does everything in their power to prevent jailbreaking.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Here is some food for thought, apple takes ideas from the jailbreak community and implements them, but they fight tooth and nail against jailbreaking and go so far as to threaten people, drumming up lies that it will ruin your device, cause to crash and break. Something wrong with this picture?
    While I agree with your statement , I think that what they want to prevent is crashes....for example, I downloaded Velox for iPad two days ago...love the multitasking tweak...but it has given me MANY crashes and resprings...something I think they want to prevent with none signed apps...now these ideas they take and perfect. (Not saying that jailbreak debs can't perfect theirs) but they have taken these ideas and made sure they were great. Look at the new task manager...clearly a rip from Velox ...the folders option ripped from another tweak.

Thanks
    I wish they would add quick reply that is why I really like the jailbreak

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coolemt View Post
    I wish they would add quick reply that is why I really like the jailbreak
    Yes, quick reply is a much needed tweak that iOS needs to implement natively

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If google is paying attention, this version of iOS will never see the light of day, it is a blatant rip off of Android, anyone who cannot see this needs to get their eyes checked or is in serious denial.
    No, it looks different - it's predominantly black on white, Android is predominantly white on black.
    On the other hand, the Gmail and Play store are also black on white and iOS 7 does look a lot like them.

I was hoping for something that looks better than Android and Windows Phone, but now we have something that looks a lot like them. Oh well, it's about what I expected. I'll upgrade, but I'll wait till it can be jailbroken since I didn't see any mention of widgets or ability to support custom themes.

Thanks

Show me how this is the same.....