Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Raises The Curtain on 'Stunningly Simple' Flatter iOS 7

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Apple Raises The Curtain on 'Stunningly Simple' Flatter iOS 7

As expected, Apple today unveiled iOS 7 during the WWDC 2013 keynote, showing off the handy work of Apple's design guru Jonathan Ive and the broader design team. Chatter about a massive resign began less than one year ago when Scott Forestall was fired and replaced by Ive who effectively became the man in charge of the new look and feel of iOS 7.

Introduced through video by Ive personally, iOS 7 "defines an important new direct and a beginning" for the iOS ecosystem. Offering what is best described as a remarkably clean, almost invisible look for iOS, the mobile operating system refresh definitely impressed those on hand at WWDC 2013.

"You are absolutely going to love iOS 7," Cook said, to which an audience member shouted "I love you!"

Perhaps most striking upon first glance in iOS 7 is the motion tracking element. As you move the device, it now tracks your motion and capitalizes on parallax to allow users to see behind the icons. Best of all, Apple says, "it carries over the entire system, this liveliness."

Yes, the design is flatter than what we're used to, but not in a stale or drab fashion as some had feared.

Taking the stage again this morning in San Francisco, Craig Federighi demonstrated the more sleek typography delivered in iOS 7, new icons, and a broad color scheme. Messages, Calendar, and the phone application itself are all touched by the redesign. In Messages, for example, users can just swipe from the left bezel and look at a list of messages.

There's improved browsing, multi-tasking, control center, better photo organization, tabs, airdrop, bookmarks, new Safari, and more. Want to check out the weather? You can tap and swipe through locations, each giving you a gorgeous representations of the weather in these spots (motion thunder, lightning, snow included.)

iOS 7 will even will monitor usage habits so that it can run certain apps automatically upon launch.

There are just some of the many new attributes and aspects of iOS 7. Stay with MMi for more details as the day progresses.

Source: Apple

Johnny Ive is my hero.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

I cannot wait for iOS 7; it's just what I've been wanting for YEARS. Thank you, Mr. Johnny Ives! I will definitely give up my JB for this.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iOS 7 Jelly Bean. Looks the bulb off a Samsung Galaxy S4

5. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (06-10-2013)

Looks so plain, I will most definitely not give up my jailbreak for this;-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CaliRican415 For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (06-10-2013)

Zephyr + new theme + photo filters = ios7

Appler you mah savior!!!11!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Don't like what I can see so far.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tb007 For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (06-10-2013)

They take all that time knocking Android then make it look similar, wow.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (06-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Love it

I hope that does better than it looks! Not very appealing design concept for the apps icons.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AGIAMIU For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (06-10-2013)

Apple just rips off the JB community.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to billmilo For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (06-10-2013)

That looks like ayecon. I might like it, but I'm saving my iOS 6 icons as replacements if I need them.

So does this mean Samsung is going to sue Apple for stealing their App designs and technology lol.
    I bet if I play with it for a while it will grow on me, if not thanks to Cydia Themes;-)

Wow it's truly beautiful. Quite frankly, It eliminates any need for jail breaking for me.

Thanks

I'm just looking forward to changes in general... Flat icons are fine by me, I just want that spotlight effect on the icons to be gone once and for all...

Quote Originally Posted by billmilo View Post
    Apple just rips off the JB community.
    This is true... On the upside, when they steal Cydia tweaks and implement them into the stock iOS we have less tweaks to install...
    Last edited by Sage I; 06-10-2013 at 02:05 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

My only comment is this: yes, Apple will take things from the JB community, but I believe that with Johnny now aboard the design team for iOS, we will see things that Mr. Forstall didn't want or was slow to implement.

I just WISH Apple would redesign all of their stock apps and do them all a different color. That damn clock icon has never changed, and I hope contact pics are available across the board in the message inbox and contact list.

I'll wait for the JB!

goodbye jailbreak, hellllloooooo IOS7!

Still no #$***(@$ Quick Reply!!!!!!!! Other than that it looks amazing.. But seriously now, how hard is adding quick reply?

Thanks

I'm down with iOS 7 once it's jailbroken...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast