+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Raises The Curtain on 'Stunningly Simple' Flatter iOS 7

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Really liking the new features and the fresh look! Maybe folks need to look closer at your typical 'Metro' idea as the iOS7 design is nothing like it. The whole
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Really liking the new features and the fresh look!

Maybe folks need to look closer at your typical 'Metro' idea as the iOS7 design is nothing like it.

The whole update is fresh, Apple have implemented some popular features amongst other devices and even apps out there, but given their own spin on them.

For those who haven't yet watched the presentation, I certainly recommend it.

All in all looking forward to the update!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I like iOS 7 they definitely added much needed features to stock iOS. I would have liked scrolling wallpapers and widgets that would have been even better yet.... I guess for next year.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

Well... after reading 5 pages of comments I have decided I will not be upgrading immediately to iOS7. There is 1, and only 1 jailbreak tweak keeping me from doing so: Exchange Unlock. This tweak keeps me from entering an 11 character (numbers and symbols) password every time I unlock. This is a pain in the neck! Otherwise I love the new UI and all of the great new features! It's obvious to me that they kept air drop to iP5+ to enable upgraders! Especially with iP5S right around the corner! It is not a hardware limitation....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudeski View Post
    Parallax is an actual word.

par·al·lax [par-uh-laks] noun
    the apparent displacement of an observed object due to a change in the position of the observer.
    We know it is. Just found it amusing we have a tweak named Parallax, which is different from DeepEnd, which is what Apple called Parallax!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Merman123 View Post
    I don't see why people say apple is ripping off the JB community . Isn't that what we've been bitc**** and begging for ?
    You don't see why? It took second party developers to design the phone we wanted and apple has done none of the work simply saw what others did and took that. Folders, multi task, ect ect.... all jailbreak tweaks that apple stole and then told us how awesome the were for "giving" it to us.... yeah? I already had that BEFORE you "gave" it to me so F off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    Well... after reading 5 pages of comments I have decided I will not be upgrading immediately to iOS7. There is 1, and only 1 jailbreak tweak keeping me from doing so: Exchange Unlock. This tweak keeps me from entering an 11 character (numbers and symbols) password every time I unlock. This is a pain in the neck! Otherwise I love the new UI and all of the great new features! It's obvious to me that they kept air drop to iP5+ to enable upgraders! Especially with iP5S right around the corner! It is not a hardware limitation....
    Exchange Unlock keeps messing up for me!?!? I love it when it worx but eventually it messes up my Mail.app and I have to uninstall. Weird that it worx for you but not me. BTW, I've tried it on an ip5 and ip4S. It must be something in my Backup file...

Also...the multitasking that Apple implemented is the same premise as ProSwitcher from the iOS 3 jailbreak. Android wasn't even a competitor at that time so whoever said that comment has no idea what they're talking about!!! Thanx for chiming in, though!
    Last edited by thazsar; 06-10-2013 at 07:29 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Copy of Android.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    From my understanding, iPhone 5, iPad mini, and the latest iPad and iPod touches have a different/better wifi radio, the 5GHz band second frequency that enables N-draft wifi. The older devices only support A/B/G Wifi, so maybe that's part of the reason why they won't get Airdrop. Just my guess.

As for iOS7, I'm freaking loving it, as it eliminates some of the tweaks I use from Cydia, like Clear Lock Screen SBSettings, No LSB, Winterboard. I would love to have Gridlock and TetherMe. Also on my tweaks is *******, but don't even have a need for that but save for 1 pricey app, but Maps.app suffices even now. InstaSave and Phantom I can live without, same with 3GUnrestrictor. Those are all the tweaks I have on my iPhone 5, so I will definitely be upgrading to iOS 7 most likely.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm actually quite pissed that contact pics are not in the stock messages app in the list view or address book. why is this so hard to do?

and an icon of whether the last message received / sent is from you or your contact would be nice.

let's hope they have new system sounds at least

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I don't know if you've worked with Xcode, but changing a icon is literally a matter of dragging and dropping a picture into the app project
    I have used Xcode however will the devs of EVERY single app on the app store actually design a new icon which fits in with the new style? I doubt it very much the big ones like rovio will but the millions of indie dev made apps which are no longer maintained will probably not going that effort

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    the multitasking that Apple implemented is the same premise as ProSwitcher from the iOS 3 jailbreak. Android wasn't even a competitor at that time so whoever said that comment has no idea what they're talking about!!! Thanx for chiming in, though!
    That'll be me

What I said was it was identical to HTC Sense, which it is, and before that the palm pre which out dates the HTC Sense way of multitasking, the jailbreak tweak and iOS 3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    Copy of Android.
    copy of 6 other posts that said the same thing.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (06-11-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yatezy View Post
    That'll be me

What I said was it was identical to HTC Sense, which it is, and before that the palm pre which out dates the HTC Sense way of multitasking, the jailbreak tweak and iOS 3
    Now THAT is true! ProSwitcher was based off of the Palm Pre multitasking. So, really, Apple took this from Palm!

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalhack View Post
    I have used Xcode however will the devs of EVERY single app on the app store actually design a new icon which fits in with the new style? I doubt it very much the big ones like rovio will but the millions of indie dev made apps which are no longer maintained will probably not going that effort
    Yeah probably not, but I can say they don't look bad or out of place at all. So not much to worry about, they fit right in with the remade stock icons

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I don't really care where Apple got the ideas for their new features, I only care that they are included.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to GnatGoSplat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i113 View Post
    Edit: everyone should write down the names of the people so willing to jump the jb ship, and tell them to stfu when they're impatiently crying to the evaders every day to release the ios7 jb already!
    Amen... Many people still prefer google maps over apples and will miss that tweak they had to open directions in google maps... Every time former JBers click a video link and it takes them away from their currently used app to redirect to YouTube in safari they will miss Browse In App tweak or a open in mobile YouTube tweak... They will miss safari downloader, chrome downloader, pandora downloader, (prolly an iTunes radio downloader that will be available) they will miss Jay Freeman's very own Cyque for their music app, the ability to change anything significant on the phones file system and on and on... We will be here on mmi laughing as everyone who says "no need for jailbreak" and "the jailbreak community is dead and outdated" is posting about how they can't wait for the evaders or whoever to save the day... Besides, apple needs the jailbreak community to get more ideas for the next iOS and the one after and so on... None of our tweaks and mods are necessary and aren't needed, neither is our idevices in general... So long as we have our idevices apple will limit our ability to do anything they don't feel we need and so to Cydia we will go... And yes, quick reply is still a damn good reason to jailbreak...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sage I For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    I don't really care where Apple got the ideas for their new features, I only care that they are included.
    Thank you!!! +1000000

21. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It looks quite nice and I'm sure lots of people will give up their JB for it. There are just too many JB tweaks that I'd miss for me personally though. There is always a trade off. I would like iOS7 but will wait until it is JB - and that could be some time....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    Agreed. Who really cares. And why? There's nothing you can do about it. Nobody is gonna sue anybody

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456