Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Raises The Curtain on 'Stunningly Simple' Flatter iOS 7

Quote Originally Posted by CaliRican415 View Post
    When are they releasing this?
    Beta is available now for devs. Public release "in the fall"

I wish I was Johnny!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Johnny Ive is my hero.
    I have got the IOS 7 feaver please hurry up the release Apple rocks

Thanks

First of all, I love that apple takes some of the jailbreak communities tweaks and implements them... Secondly, I have no complaints about them not having quick reply, as I have options with Cydia... I'm just surprised that its still not stock... Third, I have so many Cydia packages installed as I'm sure so many do, but as much as I am ready for iOS 7 I don't see how anyone jailbroken would spring for it until a jailbreak arrives... How many utilities and tweaks would I give up: 0...

This is most definitely the chronicle of a death foretold. JB is dead today.

I love my current JB iPhone, but iOS 7 comes off as the saber that's gonna get its head.
    Within 3 years, anyone who will be JB'ing their iPhones will only be retrograde, outdated and bitterly conservative.
    Last edited by iDom; 06-10-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iDom View Post

I love my current JB iPhone, but iOS 7 comes off as the saber that's gonna get its head.
    Within 3 years, anyone JB'ing their iPhones will only be retrograde, outdated and bitter conservatives.
    And folks who want in-app text reply capability.

Apple has effectively killed my main reasons for jailbreaking .. which were:

1. SBSettings for quick toggles and brightness control
    2. FolderEnhancer to give me unlimited icons and paging

I had a few other tweaks like photo albums plus and an app to bring filters to the camera app, but I doubt I'll miss that since the new photo app looks great and includes filters anyway.

Apple definitely seems to have ripped off the community, and some outside of the community like Bump which takes a direct hit since it's now been rendered obsolete.

So I can replace Pandora with iTunes radio, SBSettings with Control Center, the weather-channel app with the new Apple weather app and Auxo with the new multi-tasking switcher. So far so good, but my phone is then basically still the same.

Why are some people willing to give up all the other freedoms they have with Jailbreaking just for some new stock 2D 1970s-looking icons?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to csglinux For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (06-10-2013)

Thanks

Within 3 years, anyone JB'ing their iPhones will only be retrograde, outdated and bitter conservatives.
    Dead! No way! You trippin... So many essentials on Cydia that aren't stock options... Browse in app is one tweak worth jailbreakin for in my opinion, as well as ifile and so many more I won't even start... I could give a damn about appearance as long as performance and functionality are there... People don't just jailbreak for byta font, color keyboard, and winterboard you know... We jailbreak for options that apple still won't have given us in 3 years with iOS 10... Check yo self before you discount the staying power of the JB Clan...

Forgot one other jailbreak tweak I used that now won't have to and that's iBlacklist .. I heard him mention that iOS 7 includes the ability to block callers, imessages ... etc.. I was ALWAYS amazed it wasn't built in before.. my ancient motorola flip phone had that years ago.

Thanks

Just as governments and countries will always have enemies, so will apples world always have Jailbreakers...

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    Dead! No way! You trippin... So many essentials on Cydia that aren't stock options... Browse in app is one tweak worth jailbreakin for in my opinion, as well as ifile and so many more I won't even start... I could give a damn about appearance as long as performance and functionality are there... People don't just jailbreak for byta font, color keyboard, and winterboard you know... We jailbreak for options that apple still won't have given us in 3 years with iOS 10... Check yo self before you discount the staying power of the JB Clan...
    Well, mark my words.

If you want to be honest, most of the tweaks and so-called options you get from Cydia today are really just a form of tuning and blippeety-blip jizzing from the 1990's inherited PC world. In other words, you do not need them. You believe you do, but belief is just that... belief. Less is more, you see.

Besides, I do not discount anything. Logic and reason, it kills. Feel free to stay in the 20th century, it's already the 21st here. And time won't stop neither for you, nor me.
    One’s never alone with a rubber duck.

many of these features are not new to Jailbreakers, but I am glad that the native UI changed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    Just as governments and countries will always have enemies, so will apples world always have Jailbreakers...
    True. That does not make conspiracy theorists right, just as it does not make Jailbreakers absolutely right.
    In this 21st century there are still neo-nazis, hordes of backward-thinking people who wish it were still the Middle Ages...
    One’s never alone with a rubber duck.

Well, mark my words.

If you want to be honest, most of the tweaks and so-called options you get from Cydia today are really just a form of tuning and blippeety-blip jizzing from the 1990's inherited PC world. In other words, you do not need them. You believe you do, but belief is just that... belief. Less is more, you see.

Besides, I do not discount anything. Logic and reason, it kills. Feel free to stay in the 20th century, it's already the 21st here. And time won't stop neither for you, nor me.

+10000

This is so true in so many levels. Very well said.

I wish they'd have stolen swipe selection from the jb community. It's my useful tweak and feels so natural that I end up trying to use it on other people's ios devices.

And I haven't seen the video, but from reading the article I hope apple is paying R.Petrich for stealing Deep End from him.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to i113 For This Useful Post:

novadam (06-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by CaliRican415 View Post
    Looks so plain, I will most definitely not give up my jailbreak for this;-)
    I agree

Everyone needs to go watch the keynote before commenting about it being a pure aesthetic upgrade. It is not.

Edit: everyone should write down the names of the people so willing to jump the jb ship, and tell them to stfu when they're impatiently crying to the evaders every day to release the ios7 jb already!

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to i113 For This Useful Post:

Azjonnyg (06-10-2013), Jdot1224 (06-10-2013), novadam (06-10-2013), Sage I (06-11-2013), Silverado1987 (06-10-2013), SpidermanAPV (06-10-2013)

Quit teasing us and release it already !

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast