Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Details About iOS 7 Cosmetic Changes Leaked Ahead of Monday's WWDC Keynote

Default Details About iOS 7 Cosmetic Changes Leaked Ahead of Monday's WWDC Keynote

A report ahead of Monday’s keynote at WWDC 2013 has detailed many of iOS 7’s cosmetic changes. The report via 9to5Mac cites iOS 7 to indeed be flatter. Protecting the source of the leak, the report included a “mock up” of what iOS 7 actually looks like, which is shown above.

Some notable changes the report talks about are the appearance of the application icons, which have a much more metro look to them, a skinnier font, which matches that of the banners we showed you last week, a different-looking dock, which doesn't have a platform, and a different cellular signal strength indicator, which uses dots rather than bars to show you your signal strength.

The report also details two new keyboard modes, which affect the appearance of the keyboard's colors.

Apple is expected to unveil iOS 7 tomorrow, along with a new version of OS X, during the Keynote. While this mock up does give us a sneak peek at some of the cosmetic changes, the mock up does not tell us about any of the new features that iOS 7 will include. The new features are still a mystery that we will just have to wait and hear about at tomorrow's Keynote.

We will be sure to have the latest on the Keynote as it happens tomorrow; stay tuned!

Sources: 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-10-2013 at 02:29 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Why would you use an ugly mock up and then have to remind and ensure us that it is JUST a mock up in the article... Waste of time...
    Anyways, by now I'm sure people are just patient enough to wait for the keynote.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OMG Really View Post
    I don't know why you're talking sh.it about the mock up. What are you gonna say when that's really what it ends up looking like? Wouldn't put it past Crapple seeing as how all they know how to do is go hard with the FAIL these days
    Lmao. I love that you're bashing the crap out of Apple... if so, ytf are you on an Apple forum? gtfo?

And obviously, if this mockup is real, which that isn't what a "mockup" is... it's a fail. But Apple wouldn't do something this fugly hahah.

8 1/2 hours more to go and we'll find out!

IOS can't get any better unless its open and no need to jailbreak. But as Apple won't do that it doesn't matter, it's finished. EVERYONE I know has moved to Androids. I'm the last with an iPhone only coz I can't afford a new phone yet but when I can its not going to be an Apple, it will be an Android.
    Apple just suck with what they do and have done. The only way I will stay with Apple is if they release an open IOS that will allow Cydia apps without jailbreaking.

That is the UGLIEST thing I have ever seen!

sum1 pls maek a theem of that it luks rly gud

I've seen some cool ideas in terms of what a flatter look might entail. This isn't one of them; it's hideous. I guess we'll find out how accurate it is in a few hours...

Man that is just hideous o.O

Horrible enough to sell my phone.

Apple is losing market share to Android. Apple's main competitor are supplying various choices of screen size and others and yet Apple respond may be launching of 5S, really can't understand why???

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,354 Posts

I truly hope Apple knows that a change in appearance is not the only thing that'll put them back ahead. The entire user experience needs rethinking. Crossing fingers that Ives picked up on that...

BTW, my buddy has the HTC One and its pretty cool but I still saw lag when messing w/ it. I thought Android had caught up already. He told me that he jailbroke/rooted it to enable WiFi tethering, he bricked it and then had to call AT&T to send him a new one! That would never happen on an iPhone!
    Last edited by thazsar; 06-10-2013 at 06:36 AM.

Seriously ?! Come on ! If Apple will ever release such hideous things Steve Jobs will come out of his grave and B-slap all of them for ruining the whole essence.

Apple must understand why we need to jailbreak our phone? Cause there are more features that more smarter available on Cydia, those guys from apple still unwillingly listen to what the user needs. Android is cathcing up with various features and choices. I use to show case my iphone to others how nice my phone theme looks like....that is with jailbreaking, why not apple provide this features to us.....
    Hope to see some major changes coming soon.......

I have no doubt that image is in fact Apple's new iOS interface. I would love to think that iOS 7 is going to be incredible, but those days are gone.

Thanks

AGREED^^. Speculation is good when you are 12 months out..not 5 minutes around the corner.

Default lol
    Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    IOS can't get any better unless its open and no need to jailbreak. But as Apple won't do that it doesn't matter, it's finished. EVERYONE I know has moved to Androids. I'm the last with an iPhone only coz I can't afford a new phone yet but when I can its not going to be an Apple, it will be an Android.
    Apple just suck with what they do and have done. The only way I will stay with Apple is if they release an open IOS that will allow Cydia apps without jailbreaking.
    LMAO and thats why andriod sucks in its own way. That open ios crap is cool but creates too many problems. Along with andriods bad battery life, screens that blackout, memory card destroyers etc... I do think apple should change the look and allow themes and file access, but thats it. IOS is the smoothest most secure out tho'.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reeiiko View Post
    sum1 pls maek a theem of that it luks rly gud
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lck5775 View Post
    Apple must understand why we need to jailbreak our phone? Cause there are more features that more smarter available on Cydia, those guys from apple still unwillingly listen to what the user needs. Android is cathcing up with various features and choices. I use to show case my iphone to others how nice my phone theme looks like....that is with jailbreaking, why not apple provide this features to us.....
    Hope to see some major changes coming soon.......
    Guys, why would apple do something to make 3% of its users happy? They'd rather make something that makes 97% of users happy. How freaking hard is that to understand?

Woosaa... Woosaa...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,354 Posts

Yep! But Apple still needs to impress the masses, as well, or they're gonna start losing business

Quote Originally Posted by carsraw View Post
    LMAO and thats why andriod sucks in its own way. That open ios crap is cool but creates too many problems. Along with andriods bad battery life, screens that blackout, memory card destroyers etc... I do think apple should change the look and allow themes and file access, but thats it. IOS is the smoothest most secure out tho'.
    The reason iOS is secure is because they don't allow file access. Can't have it both ways...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast