+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'WiPi' Lets You Find and Connect to Wi-Fi Networks Easily By Using Activator

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'WiPi' Lets You Find and Connect to Wi-Fi Networks Easily By Using Activator

Wi-Fi is something most of us use on a daily basis, so you could say it would be nice to have a shortcut for connecting to Wi-Fi networks without having to navigate through the Settings application.

A new free jailbreak tweak called WiPi by iOS developer Bensge is just that a shortcut for easily finding and connecting to Wi-Fi networks around you. With it, you can invoke an Activator action that you set from the WiPi preferences pane in the Settings application and a prompt will appear showing you all of the Wi-Fi networks around you and allow you to connect to them, as shown above.

The preferences pane is dead-simple, simply allowing you to pick an Activator gesture that you want to use:

The tweak has a great deal of simplicity. If you want to give WiPi a try, it can be found on Cydia's BigBoss repository for free.

Name: WiPi
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.1-2
    Requirements: Activator
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Bensge
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

What's different this and just using sb settings and turing the wifi. On and waiting for it to pick up the signals and listing the available connections?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    What's different this and just using sb settings and turing the wifi. On and waiting for it to pick up the signals and listing the available connections?
    Just like the name suggests,this tweak will let you "pi"ck the "wi"fi network if you have more than one available.

Plus it's good for someone who doesn't use sbsettings. Like me for example. However I use Lock Bar settings Lite.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't find it in Cydia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do I get cydia to work it keeps crashing