+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'TrollTwitter' Lets You Simulate Statistics and Statuses in the Twiter Application

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you use Twitter’s free App Store application, you’re well aware of the profile page that shows you how many followers you have, how many people you’re following, the number
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default 'TrollTwitter' Lets You Simulate Statistics and Statuses in the Twiter Application

If you use Twitter’s free App Store application, you’re well aware of the profile page that shows you how many followers you have, how many people you’re following, the number of Tweets you have, and the status of your Twitter account.

A new free jailbreak tweak called TrollTwitter by iOS developer va2ron1 lets you simulate statistics and account statuses. As the changes are being "simulated," they will only show up in your Twitter application. No one else that follows you will be able to see any of the spoofed changes that you make, so this is merely for your personal enjoyment.

The tweak, after being installed, lets you input figures and flip a few switches in the preferences pane located in the Settings application. You will be able to simulate a spoofed number of followers, a spoofed number of people you follow, and a spoofed number of total Tweets. In addition, you will be able to spoof having a verified account, protected account, or suspended account:

To make changes, you must enable the features that you make changes for. You can only use one account status at a time; however, you can make as many statistical changes as you wish. You will need to tap on the “Apply and Reset Twitter” button each time you make changes and want to apply them to your Twitter application. You will then want to close Twitter from the App Switcher and re-open it to see your changes.

TrollTwitter works with the latest version of the free Twitter application – version 5.7. It also works on all iOS devices that you have the tweak installed on. If you want to give it a try, it’s available in Cydia’s BigBoss repository for free.

Name: TrollTwitter
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.3-1
    Requirements: Twitter 5.7 installed
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: va2ron1
    Editor's Rating:  2/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-10-2013 at 01:50 AM.

Thanks

i usually don't say this, but this is a truly useless tweak. I'm sorry but seriously, what's the point? I mean like really...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iH85CH001 For This Useful Post:

docmagoo2 (06-09-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's for teenagers like me who want to lie to look cool to their friends on how, "popular" we/they are! And other people just for the heck of it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Thanks

Agreed. Why did somebody waste their time to develop this and why does it score any more than 1/5 of an Editor's Rating?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The dev might be learning to write tweaks. Everyone can express their opinion about the tweak (that's for sure), but everyone is learning from simple stuff to harder. So if the developer has started now to develop tweaks, I am pretty sure we will see something really nice from him in the future. Nothing its easy

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radioBirdman View Post
    Agreed. Why did somebody waste their time to develop this and why does it score any more than 1/5 of an Editor's Rating?
    The creator probably did this sitting on his toilet. So not really a waste of time. And it's free. U want it, install it. U don't, then you don't have to. As simple as that.