Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T: You Must Now Wait Longer to Upgrade Your Phone

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyGearIsaac View Post
    I love sprint. Been with them for 3years just love paying for cheaper bills and unlimited data. I used 65GB last month and didn't pay an extra cent or shed dollars for every mb/ I go over.
    No offense, do what you do. But 65GB is ridiculous. That right there is the reason all these carriers limit our data usage these days. Or throttle our speeds. Not really people like you, because you're on Sprint and you pay more for your data service. But people would do that on other carriers, and at $20/month, it's no wonder they pulled unlimited data.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lilpetabread For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (06-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by lilpetabread View Post
    No offense, do what you do. But 65GB is ridiculous. That right there is the reason all these carriers limit our data usage these days. Or throttle our speeds. Not really people like you, because you're on Sprint and you pay more for your data service. But people would do that on other carriers, and at $20/month, it's no wonder they pulled unlimited data.
    First off, i used 30+ gbs streaming netflix easily. Second big data is the future of mobile computing. While tiered plans may suit some people, heavy data users will find sprints plan better for the same price att/verizon charges for a 4gb shared plan. Do the math.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOneProfile For This Useful Post:

lilpetabread (06-09-2013)

Yeah but I average about 25GB a month. Plus you need to think. Faster speeds equal more data used quicker. I use to be with AT&T and had my grandfather plan but they pissed me off so badly saying I had tether my iPhone 4 without being on a tiered data plan and removed me from my plan and putting into a 5GB plan yeah as if I totally want to pay $140 a month for that. Plus when it was just regular 3G HSPA speeds I never went over 5GB in a entire month. That's where I go back to faster speeds equal more data used quicker. Oh also I prefer to not share my data.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrainSmashR View Post
    No worries for me...AT&T lost my business (when my contract expires) after watching a buddy download 26megs a second on Verizon.
    Dude, on AT&T LTE I speed test at 60mb/s down and 25 up.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
    First off, i used 30+ gbs streaming netflix easily. Second big data is the future of mobile computing. While tiered plans may suit some people, heavy data users will find sprints plan better for the same price att/verizon charges for a 4gb shared plan. Do the math.
    Where do you go to watch Netflix where there isn't an active wifi connection ? I'm not telling you that it's impossible to use that much data. Trust me. I know. The issue is people using carrier data instead of their wifi connections. If people had done that from the beginning, carriers wouldn't have found the need to basically force it upon their users to use wifi for data intensive things. That's not my opinion. That's fact, from when tiered data was announced. I'm not arguing with you lol. The damage was done a long time ago. I'm just pointing out when he said he used 65GBs of data that it was nuts. And I've done the math. AT&T charges me $180/month for 3 lines with my military discount. Then I have my $30/month wifi from Time Warner. $210 versus $300+ Sprint wanted. I don't find the need to tether my phone to my Xbox to play COD. A lot of people do, for whatever reason, and tiered data was born.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lilpetabread For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
    Dropping them next month. Sprint here I come.
    From my experiences (went over from T-Mobile when 4S dropped), you're gonna have a bad time...

I love sprint. Been with them for 3years just love paying for cheaper bills and unlimited data. I used 65GB last month and didn't pay an extra cent or shed dollars for every mb/ I go over.
    I've been doing the same, average around 40-60 GB a month (I'm using it as my primary internet since I'm still in the middle of moving) but recently received a warning letter telling me to stop tethering
    Last edited by itzbilly; 06-09-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Yeah but I average about 25GB a month. Plus you need to think. Faster speeds equal more data used quicker. I use to be with AT&T and had my grandfather plan but they pissed me off so badly saying I had tether my iPhone 4 without being on a tiered data plan and removed me from my plan and putting into a 5GB plan yeah as if I totally want to pay $140 a month for that. Plus when it was just regular 3G HSPA speeds I never went over 5GB in a entire month. That's where I go back to faster speeds equal more data used quicker. Oh also I prefer to not share my data.
    Dude, I totally agree with you. I hate these carriers and I think it should be illegal to gouge us the way they do. All faster data means to me, is a faster way to charge me more for going over data usage more frequently.

Where do you go to watch Netflix where there isn't an active wifi connection ? I'm not telling you that it's impossible to use that much data. Trust me. I know. The issue is people using carrier data instead of their wifi connections. If people had done that from the beginning, carriers wouldn't have found the need to basically force it upon their users to use wifi for data intensive things. That's not my opinion. That's fact, from when tiered data was announced. I'm not arguing with you lol. The damage was done a long time ago. I'm just pointing out when he said he used 65GBs of data that it was nuts. And I've done the math. AT&T charges me $180/month for 3 lines with my military discount. Then I have my $30/month wifi from Time Warner. $210 versus $300+ Sprint wanted. I don't find the need to tether my phone to my Xbox to play COD. A lot of people do, for whatever reason, and tiered data was born.
    No argument intended. I totally agree with you. If you have a family plan, att is worth it. I just use a plan for myself so unlimited data would be worth my while instead of getting a useless shared plan.
    Last edited by ThatOneProfile; 06-09-2013 at 11:17 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOneProfile For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mlitz69 View Post
    Watch now they'll up the contract to 36 months so were locked to them
    longer
    well you dont have to do a contract, pay full price for the phone or buy used phones on craigslist or ebay. I got an iphone 5 factory unlocked on craigslist in the phoenix area for 450 bucks. I'm with verizon with out a contract with my grandfathered unlimited data plan. I win.

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    Lol good thing im leaving att for tmobile as soon as the 5s drops
    that's not a smart move, Tmobiles service is horrid.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to acevedo422 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by acevedo422 View Post
    well you dont have to do a contract, pay full price for the phone or buy used phones on craigslist or ebay. I got an iphone 5 factory unlocked on craigslist in the phoenix area for 450 bucks. I'm with verizon with out a contract with my grandfathered unlimited data plan. I win.

T-Mobile is atrocious. That's why I stopped working for them. How are you going to ask me to sell phones in a store that has no reception in it ? Lol.

Funny you mention that I got a brand new iPhone 5 white 32GB unlocked off Craigslist for 600. In my opinion paying full price is better than being locked into a contact anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by BrainSmashR View Post
    No worries for me...AT&T lost my business (when my contract expires) after watching a buddy download 26megs a second on Verizon.
    All relative to where you live. I download at 40-50 Megs on AT&T lte

Seriously people using substantially more than 10 are most likely using as primary connection to Internet. I'm on my phone all day. Stream spotify on high settings and never have gone over 5 GB.

65GB!!!! ????????????? I'm not even sure I use that on my home DSL and I stream my cloud movie purchases to ATV all the time
    Last edited by subywrex; 06-10-2013 at 12:29 AM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

lilpetabread (06-10-2013), vinaygoel2000 (06-10-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It may be bad where you are, but it may not be where he/she is.
    I am sure people do not switch on a whim, they ask their friends on other networks to see how their reception is before switching.

Now I don't feel so bad that Verizon screwed me over, at least it's not just Verizon customers that get the shaft

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    Funny you mention that I got a brand new iPhone 5 white 32GB unlocked off Craigslist for 600. In my opinion paying full price is better than being locked into a contact anyways.
    that's really the only way to beat the system that's designed to have you stuck in a contract. stop convincing yourself that you have to have the latest thing out.

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    It may be bad where you are, but it may not be where he/she is.
    I am sure people do not switch on a whim, they ask their friends on other networks to see how their reception is before switching.
    Eeeh no... Tmobile isn't a good choice no matter where you're at.
    Last edited by acevedo422; 06-10-2013 at 12:59 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bnlstr View Post
    Doesn't anyone else find it odd that they wait till the day before WWDC to announce the plan change? 5s announcement tomorrow??
    Actually Yeah I Do, But Our Contract is Up for early upgrades in July I think..lol
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

Sprint network sucks at least in my area i just left them was with them for 6+ years now im with Verizon and its ten buck cheaper only 4gb of data tho

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hate this announcement... my iPhone 5 was stolen and I have been dealing with my old iPhone 3G for about 2 months now. I was hoping to get an early upgrade to iPhone 5S. I think I am stuck on AT&T because I was grandfathered into their unlimited data plan, and I get little to no reception (1 bar max?) with T-Mobile and Sprint at my house.

Thanks

Can't blame a user for what a conglomerate charges. They are in business to make money as the user bought the hardware for the experience and general need for the device. Its a marriage that has issues like any other. We can complain all we want, the big businesses regulate all and no one is going to change that overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    That's unfortunate. Getting 50megs on AT&T here.
    I clocked 68.6Mbps here (east of Atlanta). I just wish my data wasn't limited..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast