Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Component Pics Provide New Look at iPhone 5S

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Component Pics Provide New Look at iPhone S5

Assuming these images are legitimate, we're getting a good look today at what are purportedly components of Apple's forthcoming iPhone 5S.

Letem Svetem Applem, a European tech news blog, published images of what we're told are iPhone 5S parts, including the FaceTime camera, home button, and the vibration motor. Although the authenticity of these images and the parts they showcase will likely be called into question, the flurry of similar images pelting the blogosphere in recent weeks suggests that Apple is definitely cranking up production of the next-gen device.

From these newest images, it's difficult to assess if any recent chatter about new iPhone features will manifest. For example, there is little to assess in these new shots as to whether fingerprint scanning technology will arrive on the iPhone 5S as widely speculated since last year.

The Letem Svetem Applem post doesn't confirm any potential launch date for the iPhone 5S either, but the article does point to nation-specific serial numbers, which - in this case at least - hint at the iPhone 5S launching in the Czech Republic at the same time that other nations get the iPhone 5S during the initial product introduction.

Source: Letem Svetem Applem

any info if the 5S will have a notification led on the front?
    Last edited by iMatthew; 06-07-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iMatthew View Post
    any info if the 5S will have a notification led on the front?
    You do realize we already have that. LED flash for alerts or am I wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    You do realize we already have that. LED flash for alerts or am I wrong
    I think the LED in which they are speaking of, is for the front facing camera. Also, I don't have LED flash alerts on my I5.

Under Accessibility to turn on LED alerts

This dude is clearly asking is there will be an LED on the front of the phone for notifications. I.E.- flashes for text alerts and such, but on the front of the device, not the back like the one we have now.

To the asker, I haven't seen anything on it, but I'm right there hoping with you.

Quote Originally Posted by TristianLyons1022 View Post
    This dude is clearly asking is there will be an LED on the front of the phone for notifications. I.E.- flashes for text alerts and such, but on the front of the device, not the back like the one we have now.

To the asker, I haven't seen anything on it, but I'm right there hoping with you.
    Ill enable both and keep my phone on a dock to piss my roommate off, she hates the lights and apple altogether