+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Start iPhone Trade-In Program in Retail Stores

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple to Start iPhone Trade-In Program in Retail Stores

According to a report from Bloomberg, Apple will begin accepting trade-ins on iPhones for the first time in its retail stores. Encouraging users to upgrade to the latest models and seeking to boost sales. Apple will be partnering with recycling firm Brightstar to offer the program. According to the report:

Used iPhones collected in the U.S. will only be resold in emerging markets, where Apple’s share is lower and demand for cheap devices is greater, said one of the people. That way, the resale of Apple’s older models won’t cannibalize iPhone 5 sales in the U.S., the person said.
    Apple partnered with the third-party firm PowerON in the United States to offer Apple gift cards to users seeking to recycle their used iOS devices through the company’s website since 2011. The Cupertino California company even moved to expand the program to other countries last year, where it offered cash back. With the new program, the trade-in program will expand to Apple’s popular retail stores. The report mentioned the following regarding the topic:

The new trade-in program with BrightStar will only be available at Apple’s retail outlets, letting consumers receive payments instantly and avoiding the hassle of shipping their older gadgets, the people said.
    As of right now, the Cupertino California company’s web-based recycling and trade-in programs have so far been relatively hidden away on the company’s site, resulting in low consumer awareness. The new retail effort on the other hand is likely to make a significant difference in trade-in usage, appealing to consumers looking for hassle-free credit toward new devices.

Does a trade-in program offered by Apple sound like something you’d possibly consider taking advantage of?

Source: Bloomberg

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone back2thebeatof84's Avatar
    Thanks

Depending on the amount that they offer.

When a new model comes out, I normally try to sell my old model and put the money towards the newest one (given that it's worth it to upgrade, necessary additions, sans jailbreak, etc). I figure Apple won't give you too much for your old model, just like Gazelle doesn't have the greatest offers either.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Work for the company, get paid in company script, live in the company's house, SHOP AT COMPANY STORE...

Work for the company, get paid in company script, live in the company's house, SHOP AT COMPANY STORE.
    Last edited by vtails; 06-07-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Thanks

Nice touch, but this won't be worth it to me. I always get TOP DOLLAR selling on either craigslist or to a certain someone who knows me through my site. I'm not trading in last year's model for a lousy $50 - $100 off when I can get 400+ for my factory unlocks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Nice touch, but this won't be worth it to me. I always get TOP DOLLAR selling on either craigslist or to a certain someone who knows me through my site. I'm not trading in last year's model for a lousy $50 - $100 off when I can get 400+ for my factory unlocks.
    I do eBay...I never get any bites on Craigslist because people are selling theirs so cheap.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

eBay all the way!

Thanks

Seeing how its Apple plan to make obsolete their products after a few years, I'd think it should be widely suggested to make use of old outdated products for those who may want to keep up with Technology and those who like to antiquate their household to be able to benefit as well...

But if you sell on USELL you don't need to worry of have someone rip you off at home...
    Last edited by camxposure; 06-09-2013 at 08:56 PM.