+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MiniPlayer Update Adds Play Next Feature, Album, Rdio, and Podcast Library Searching

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default MiniPlayer Update Adds Play Next Feature, Album, Rdio, and Podcast Library Searching

The developers behind the highly popular MiniPlayer jailbreak tweak, MPow and Surenix, have unleashed yet another update following the recent major update at the end of May. MiniPlayer is known for bringing an iTunes 11-like music MiniPlayer to iOS and making it easy to stay in control of your music from anywhere.

The latest update adds a slew of useful new features that many users are going to enjoy using because they have been added due to popular request.

Shown above, you can see one of the major new features, which is the ability to queue music so it will play next after what is currently playing. To do this, the user only needs to search for a song and then tap and hold on the song to add it to the play next queue. After that, it will appear at the bottom of the play next list shown above and the user can then use the grabbers at the right of the song name to drag them in the order that they wish to hear them. Accessing the play next list is as easy as tapping on the album artwork of the currently-playing song.

Other major new features include:

• A new Repeat, Share, and Shuffle view
    • Search for full albums, Search Rdio, Search your podcast library (Spotify search also supported)
    • Several minor bug fixes and improvements

The MiniPlayer update is free for all existing users of the tweak. Anyone who is interested in giving MiniPlayer a try for the first time will find the tweak in Cydia’s BigBoss repository for $1.99.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

can we get an option to have the miniplayer only available on the lockscreen? that would be a nice feature.
    thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey Anthony, as long as you're adding superfluous features to tweaks you have as much to do with as the genius above me; can you please add a feature to my contacts app that reads my mind and calls people so I don't have to move my finger. That would be nice. Thanks.
    Last edited by howtorob; 06-05-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Thanks

I just LOVE these new added tweaks, makes this a EVEN BETTER Tweak. Keep up the Work man.

Thanks

YEAH! I'VE ALWAYS WANTED "Rdio"

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet update.

My iPhone is a Part of Me slim.jim's Avatar
    Thanks

The iPad version doesn't have any of these new features. It doesn't have many of the abilities that the iPhone version does.

edit- apparently most of the features are only available on iOS 6.1 or later.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 06-06-2013 at 06:14 AM.