+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'TranslucentStatusBar for Safari' Lets You See Through the Status Bar in Mobile Safari

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'TranslucentStatusBar for Safari' Lets You See Through the Status Bar in Mobile Safari

If you would like to improve the amount of potential reading area in Mobile Safari, then a new free jailbreak tweak called TranslucentStatusBar for Safari by iOS developer r_plus might be worth taking a look at.

As shown above, the tweak makes the Status Bar a translucent black rather than a solid black when youíre scrolling through Web content in Mobile Safari. This makes it so you can see content behind the Status Bar and therefore you get a larger viewing area than before.

At the same time, you don't have to give up the precious information that the Status Bar shows you like you would if you were to hide the Status Bar to see more Web content instead of making it translucent. If you scroll to the top of a Web page where no content is behind the Status Bar, it will appear to be solid black rather than translucent and it will return to being translucent as soon as you put content behind the Status Bar again.

TranslucentStatusBar for Safari doesnít have any options to configure. Itís definitely a nice touch that users could benefit from, and at the same time it looks good. If you would like to give it a try, it's available right now at no cost in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: TranslucentStatusBar for Safari
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 6.0+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: r_plus
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone 8lias's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for making it and sharing it, but what's the point really?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 8lias View Post
    Thanks for making it and sharing it, but what's the point really?
    The whole point of jailbreak tweaks (especially the free ones) is that if you want you can have it, if not don't install it. Unlike Android phones where a whole list of "features" comes built in whether you want it or not. Android fans call that "features". I call it bloat ware.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vinaygoel2000 For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (06-03-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see it improving the amount of potential reading space... Are you going to read the third, fourth, fifth, seventh and eighth word of a 10 word sentence and understand it? Probably not.

I for one love the sauce in the pasta.
    After my status bar it would read:
    I for MiPhone 4G {notification} clock in the pas%battery
    Last edited by jwil736; 06-02-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Thanks

Dumb and pointless.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iH85CH001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    The whole point of jailbreak tweaks (especially the free ones) is that if you want you can have it, if not don't install it. Unlike Android phones where a whole list of "features" comes built in whether you want it or not. Android fans call that "features". I call it bloat ware.
    True.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Why grey and not completely clear? And why not system wide? (Thinking specifically of the lockscreen here which currently needs to have winterboard installed to do this)