+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'PadClock' Lets You Input Alarm Times With Buttons Instead of a Spinning Selector

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 764 Posts

Default 'PadClock' Lets You Input Alarm Times With Buttons Instead of a Spinning Selector

Appleís spinning selectors are a bit of a hassle to deal with sometimes. Itís not necessarily a bad input design, but for some, itís not exactly the most accessible. One of the places you will find the spinning selector is in Apple's own Clock application.

For those that wish to improve on this, a new free jailbreak tweak is now available in Cydia called PadClock by iOS developer Stevie Hetelekides. As shown above, PadClock replaces the spinning selector with a number pad.

The number pad makes it easier for a user to specify a time without having to spin through multiple pre-selected times. With the spinning selector, a user may have to flip through multiple times before they even get close to the time theyíre looking for, while the number pad lets the user immediately start entering the time that they desire.

In addition, the tweak adds a new cell to the Alarm interface that gives the user either an AM or PM button to choose from. This button selector replaces the part of the spinning selector that let the user specify if the alarm would sound in a time in AM or PM format. It is inside of this cell that the time the user inputs gets saved.

PadClock doesn't have any options to configure Ė it's one of those tweaks that you can just install and start using immediately. If you like the idea of having a number pad rather than a spinning selector in the alarm section of the Clock application, you can find PadClock in Cydia's BigBoss repository for free.

Name: PadClock
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1.241
    Requirements: iOS 6.0+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Stevie Hetelekides
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Awesome. I think this is the kind of thing that we'll see in the iOS 7 design change.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Since the I5, i have always just asked Siri to set my alarm...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Albort For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (05-31-2013)