Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
05-31-2013, 02:33 AM #1
Waze Update Integrates Facebook Event Navigation
The crowd-sourced mapping service (and iOS app), Waze, recently pushed an update that brings in-app integration with Facebook events, as well as other improvements such as user interface tweaks and real-time “beeping.” Version 3.7 of Waze comes amidst heavy rumors and speculation of a possible acquisition for the company. Previously Apple, Facebook, and Google were rumored to be in talks with the firm but Cook confirmed that Apple never put in a bid and talks with Facebook have recently fell apart so we’ll have to see what comes of the whole ordeal.
What’s more substantial here to the average consumer is the recent update, which brings a deep tie-in with Facebook’s event feature. The new functionality allows users to sign into the social network and have their navigation list display events just before they are scheduled to take place. Tapping on the event will generate a route without the need to enter a physical address – a feature that can prove to be quite useful and convenient for many.
This feature is accompanied by a “friends bar,” which shows friends who are headed to the same location as well as when they get there. Tapping on a friend’s icon will bring up additional details about their estimated time of arrival, which can also prove to be quite useful. In addition to the heavy Facebook integration, Waze 3.7 offers exclusive moods for “Wazers” who edit maps, real-time beeps and menu optimization.
Those of you who are interested in knowing more about the changes can read the update release notes below:
- Facebook events - your events appear on the navigation list for easy, one tap navigation
- Friends bar on the map - see friends headed to the same place and the order they'll arrive
- Real time and offline beeping at friends
- Exclusive moods for map editors only - 8 bit, robot and T-Rex
- Redesigned pop up alerts
- Inbox in main menu
- 3 state mute button in main menu
- Foursquare check in from the report menu
- Lock up north added to settings
- Support for JVC App Link Mode for compatible in-dash car audio receivers
- Multiple fixes, optimization and more!
The update weighs in at 29.2 MB and can be downloaded from the App Store for free.