+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Play All Access Music Service to come to iOS soon

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Google Play All Access Music Service to come to iOS soon

At the D11 conference, Google announced that its Play All Access subscription music service, which was unveiled earlier this month for other platforms, will be arriving on Apple’s iOS platform in the coming weeks. The announcement was made by Sundar Pichai, senior vice president for Android, Chrome and Google Apps at the search giant. The service is Google’s Spotify competitor as it allows users to access unlimited music with a monthly subscription. In addition to similarities to Spotify, Google Play Music All Access also borrows elements from popular Internet radio service Pandora, allowing users to start a radio station from an individual track.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, the service was announced earlier in the month at Google’s annual I/O developer's conference. Although the initial announcement encompassed Android smartphones and desktop browsers, Google revealed its plans to bring cross-platform support to include devices such as the iPhone and iPad. Google Play Music All Access will also suggest new releases and other tracks that Google’s algorithms think users will enjoy based on their listening habits. All Access will also allow users to blend their own tracks stored on the Google Play cloud service.

The arrival of All Access on iOS comes around the same time that Apple is said to be working on its own so-called “iRadio” service. Reports have pegged Apple’s alternative to launch as soon as this summer but we’ll have to see. Unnamed sources in the music industry have indicated that Apple has been working behind the scenes to obtain the necessary rights from major publishers. It’s been suggested that the “iRadio” service will be a custom streaming solution that is similar to Pandora.

Source: AllThingsD

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok guys - here's the thing: Can we download music to our PC's with this service? Zune allows us to download music to our PC's for offline viewing and I like that - hence, I have a Zune account. But I have to run it on a Windows PC and everyone knows how much Windows sucks - and if you don't know that then you have probably never used Windows. Anywho - Google Play All Access - can we download to our PC's or not?

thanx

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'd also like to know if it allows for downloading songs for offline listening like my Zune subscription does.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    ...everyone knows how much Windows sucks - and if you don't know that then you have probably never used Windows.
    sir, I fine Windows much more useful than that piece of junk Mac and I've never really used Linux have an opinion on it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
    I'd also like to know if it allows for downloading songs for offline listening like my Zune subscription does.
    It does on Android so I'm sure it will on iOS. I love All Access and I'm looking forward to being able to use this on my iPad.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.