+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Statistics Compare How iPhone Users and Android Users Use Their Devices Differently

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New Statistics Compare How iPhone Users and Android Users Use Their Devices Differently

An interesting set of statistics from Experian compare and contrast the typical smartphone uses between iPhone users and Android phone users. While most would think that the uses would be similar smartphones are smartphones after all there are some minor differences that the firm points out between the usage habits of each device user.

Experian put together the informational graphic above, displaying how iPhone users and Android phone users in the United States compare and contrast to one another. Interestingly:

• iPhone users are on their phones an average of 26 minutes longer per day than Android phone users
    • Android users use 28% of their time on their phones talking on the phone, while iPhone users use 22% of their time talking on the phone
    • iPhone users use 22% of their time text messaging, while Android users only use 16% of their time text messaging
    • Both iPhone and Android users spend about 16% of their time on their smartphone using some kind of social networking application
    • Android users use about 16% of their time looking things up on the Web, while iPhone users use only about 12% of their time looking things up on the Web
    • iPhone users average about 10% of their time on the smartphone composing and replying to E-mails, while Android users only use 8% of their time E-mailing
    • Both iPhone and Android users use about 8% of their time on their smartphones playing games
    • iPhone users use about 10% of their time doing other things not listed, while Android users use about 8% of their time doing other things not listed

For all that it's worth, all of this data is open for speculation; all individual users use their devices for their own needs, so no conclusion is absolutely rock solid. What kind of smartphone do you have and what do you use it the most for?

Sources: Experian via 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 05-29-2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Clarity and revision

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Wasn't there a study not to long ago that iOS owners browse the web more?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"Android users enjoy babbling more". Actually iPhone users spend 20% more time talking than Android users (16.5 minutes against 13.7).

"Android users browse the Web more". And iPhone users spend 9 minutes browsing versus ~8 minutes for Android. So the hypothesis that larger Android displays lead to Android users enjoying browsing the web more than iPhone users is obviously a non-starter.

You guys know what the symbol "%" means, right?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,808 Times in 2,187 Posts

This makes no sense. iOS devices have a huge marginal lead when it come to web traffic and web page views. Multiple studies have shown this. So this is a great way to show that 97% of statistics are made up lol.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    This makes no sense. iOS devices have a huge marginal lead when it come to web traffic and web page views. Multiple studies have shown this. So this is a great way to show that 97% of statistics are made up lol.
    +1 thank Luna that someone knows this statement to be true!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

"Android users spend about 25% of their time trolling Apple-related websites, while iPhone users spend less than 1%."

Trololololol

(if you take this seriously and don't enjoy the irony, I feel sorry for you.

Thanks

Even if those stats were solid scientific fact, I don't see any huge difference between the two sets of data to prove any huge difference between an average ios/android user :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    "Android users spend about 25% of their time trolling Apple-related websites, while iPhone users spend less than 1%."

Trololololol

(if you take this seriously and don't enjoy the irony, I feel sorry for you.
    )*

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't believe this stats.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My own personal stats.

80% of the time using winadmin to get out of using ios or android.
    10% on the phone
    10% messaging.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Me too i don't believe this 👎