+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cook: Apple to Open iOS to Third-Party Developers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by JustCause152 He's right. People who buy Crapple do expect Crapple to make choices on their behalf. That's because most of the people who buy Crapple products are
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustCause152 View Post
    He's right. People who buy Crapple do expect Crapple to make choices on their behalf. That's because most of the people who buy Crapple products are simple and have no imagination and are about as tech savvy as a rock!
    I take high offense to that as I am one of the most tech savy people in my city (behind only top of the line state workers ). not to mention I have developed many unfinished games, mods, tweaks, and themes.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,756 Times in 6,862 Posts

He's right. People who buy Crapple do expect Crapple to make choices on their behalf. That's because most of the people who buy Crapple products are simple and have no imagination and are about as tech savvy as a rock!
    Why do you continually feel the need to troll an Apple forum even after being banned too many times to remember because of it? Don't you have somewhere better to be or do? And please enough with the "crapple". It's not clever and has been used by you (making it SOOO easy to spot your dupe accounts) since your ikillyou account. Enough with the trolling. Either provide worthwhile comments or just move on.

View Profile: GuessWhosBack - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums | ModMyi.com
    View Profile: iKillYou - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums | ModMyi.com
    View Profile: Back4More - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums | ModMyi.com
    View Profile: GoCryAboutIt - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums | ModMyi.com

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

fanboyfanboy (05-29-2013), King_O_Hill (05-30-2013), Silverado1987 (05-29-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

The tough guy doesn't have high school to be popular anymore. So he comes on a "crapple" forum... And talks sh!t?

You're a follower like all Samsung users pal. Enjoy using your S2 lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly this is why I hate the no child left behind law. People who have this low of intellect and use words like "crapple" and "fandroid" just lose all credibility and should be sent back to fourth grade where you learn to not be a child. You can state your opinions without acting like a 5 year old.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fanboyfanboy For This Useful Post:

BhadKarma (05-29-2013), slim.jim (05-29-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Honestly this is why I hate the no child left behind law. People who have this low of intellect and use words like "crapple" and "fandroid" just lose all credibility and should be sent back to fourth grade where you learn to not be a child. You can state your opinions without acting like a 5 year old.
    +1
    Check mate

Green Apple
    Thanks

Would be awesome to have it opened up, even if its by the slightest. While I moved to IOS on 2.1.2 and loved it since, I find myself bored with the OS. Jailbreaks have put new life in my device(remember Rock? Best third party store ever) but I always tend to trail back to my Nexus 7 due to its mass customization and unique features. Although stability over time suffers greatly, but that could be due to my custom rom and kernel
    Devices
    iPod Touch 8gb 2nd Gen jailbroken 4.2.1
    iPhone 3GS 8gb new boot rom jailbroken 5.1.1
    iPhone 4S 16gb Stock 5.1.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default It's actually more than that
    Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    That's great, but I'd prefer a mobile OS that's more open to consumers.
    I don't much care for all these locks and restrictions to protect the consumers from themselves. For example, preventing iPhone owners from downgrading to an older version of iOS. Why do that? I can see they want everyone to have a modern, consistent experience, but if someone wants to downgrade their phone to an older iOS and are fine with the drawbacks of running an older iOS, why not let them? Imagine if Microsoft somehow made it so if you've ever installed Windows 8 on a PC, you could never downgrade back to Windows 7, or back in the Vista days, you couldn't downgrade back to XP. I don't think most people would like that at all, so why have that kind of restriction on a mobile OS? Also, why fight jailbreakers? Why not let users decide if they want to take the risk of installing apps from unknown sources? I can understand not wanting to offer technical support to these people and telling people with jailbroken phones that they're SOL unless they want to restore back to stock, but people should be allowed to jailbreak their phones if they want to. Better yet, just add the ability to install apps from unknown sources in Settings and few people would need to jailbreak in the first place.

It's those kinds of restrictions against consumers that have me eying Android more and more.
    My friend iPhones?iPads are not Desktops you know... Don't forget the baseband they try to protect. There are a lot more reasons why it's just works to prevent people from downgrading... It saves them a lot of tech suppoet staff and also saves them a lot of hardware replacements for customers. Just because they "protect" us so well I can now just send my iPhone 5 32GB back to the states to have it replaced cause it just shuts down randomly.. even though I just bought it on eBay and brought it to South America. As long as I get it to the States, I get can just drop it of at the UPS Store and it travels free to Apple and they will send back a replacement. So my phone is going back to the USA next week. But if they just didn't protect us with that , for example, inability to downgrade do you think they would replace the phone so easily? They created a solid OS so they ask you first to upgrade to the newest OS and after that when the problem is still there they KNOW what's going on. It just works, so just enjoy it and complain less. Or join the Galaxy guys... with their 8GB "ripp off" Galaxy S4. That is crap when it comes to software management and deciding for me how much I have left of the 16GB.

Thanks

A lot of my students have Galaxy phones now. I'm just not impressed. Most of the teachers (adults) have iPhones, though only mine (100 person staff- biggggg school) is jailbroken. The Galaxy is huge (physically), but it certainly isn't what I want in a phone. I have an iPad for the big stuff.

As long as I can jailbreak, I'll use the iPhone. I plan on getting the next iteration, still using my i4. My hope, as always, will be a forthcoming jb.

As for no child left behind, we all wish it would just go away. IT is "crap(le)."

As to the rest on this thread, I'm glad to see the troll either ignored or chastised.
    Senior

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,159 Times in 5,910 Posts

I'm good with not being able to downgrade, but they could let you restore to your current version.

I don't see this being that big of a deal.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

fanboyfanboy (05-30-2013), Silverado1987 (05-30-2013), Simon (05-30-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I'm good with not being able to downgrade, but they could let you restore to your current version.

Just go into settings and click restore factory defaults, that is if the device will boot. If it won't boot, then yea you're screwed.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Bing View Post
    My friend iPhones?iPads are not Desktops you know... Don't forget the baseband they try to protect. There are a lot more reasons why it's just works to prevent people from downgrading... It saves them a lot of tech suppoet staff and also saves them a lot of hardware replacements for customers.
    Well, you know, it would be very simple then to ask, "Are you on the newest iOS? No? Then upgrade and try again." Besides, iOS updates aren't even mandatory, so it's not like allowing downgrades would add anything as far as support headaches go.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post

It's a big deal to me. I don't like stock iOS. I want my live wallpapers (vWallpaper), widgets (PerPageHTML+Gridlock), quick toggles (SBSettings), 5-rows of icons on my 4S (Springtomize), ability to access the file system (iFile), and ability to sideload apps. Therefore, I can only live with a jailbroken iPhone. That means I can't always update to the newest iOS, but if my phone should get corrupted and I need to restore it, newest iOS is my only option as I can't go back to a jailbreakable version (SHSH blobs are useless on a 4S). As it is, right now my 4S is stuck on 5.1.1 and I want to update to 6.1.2 as now many of my apps now require iOS 6 to update, but it's not even possible for me because the signing window is closed.

It looks like my opinion is is in the minority here. I guess my love of tinkering and inability to leave well-enough alone isn't shared by most iPhone users. Maybe I'm in denial and need to just quit whining and switch to Android already, but I do love the feel of my 4S in my hand. I prefer its size, quality, and design over the majority of new Android behemoths out there.

Thanks

No, you aren't alone. I, too, would like the ability to re-download/install any OS I would like.
    Senior

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    Well, you know, it would be very simple then to ask, "Are you on the newest iOS? No? Then upgrade and try again." Besides, iOS updates aren't even mandatory, so it's not like allowing downgrades would add anything as far as support headaches go.
    The first thing they do when you take an iPhone in for service is restore and upgrade the OS.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12