+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5S to Have Double the Resolution of the iPhone 5?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by subywrex Technically I believe this article is wrong. To actually double the resolution of the iPhone 5 that would require 2242 x 1250 which is 4x the
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Technically I believe this article is wrong. To actually double the resolution of the iPhone 5 that would require 2242 x 1250 which is 4x the amount of pixels of the iPhone 5.
    I think the article isn't worded as it should. The quote within the article says the # of pixels will double, increasing the resolution, but not that the resolution itself will double. So 1606 x 905 is probably a closer estimate of what the actual display resolution would be which even if they kept the screen 4", is still 8PPI less than the HTC One.

I agree it'd be an unnecessary improvement, but I could see Apple doing it just to stay competitive in specs with flagship Android devices.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ridingsupreme's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt they'd do that. I imagine they'd rather implement the flexible screen technology that uses less power and is harder to break. All of course while upholding the great retina display.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    Why would they not do it? Would you rather less pixels and a slower processor?
    I'd rather have the same pixels and a longer battery life. Increased pixels will demand faster CPU and/or GPU which will require a better battery to support them. Why not use that for longer times between charges? Or, use the better battery to support better background multitasking of apps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to buggsy2 For This Useful Post:

slim.jim (05-29-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    I'd rather have the same pixels and a longer battery life. Increased pixels will demand faster CPU and/or GPU which will require a better battery to support them. Why not use that for longer times between charges? Or, use the better battery to support better background multitasking of apps.
    exactly, this is why the iPad 3 and 4 are thicker and heavier than the iPad 2. The retina display required so much more battery to maintain the battery life specs of the iPad 2.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    I think the current rumours really are as claimed, about doubling (not quadrupling) the pixel count - which arguably, is doubling the resolution.
    You can only double the resolution by doubling the height and width of the current resolution. Doubling pixel count is not doubling the resolution.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Perhaps the rumoured res increase is a prelude to a screensize increase.
    The two main sale-losers for Apple are screensize and non-Flash support.
    If everybody who'd jumped the Apple ship because of screensize had had a larger-screen iPhone option, it would be Samsung and its Android-cohorts licking their wounds instead - but Jobs was always a slave to his non-commercial and misguided principles of design 'philosophy' .... which don't appear to have done Samsung sales a great deal of harm, with their 4.8", 5.0", 5.3" and now 5.8" screen options.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Perhaps the rumoured res increase is a prelude to a screensize increase.
    The two main sale-losers for Apple are screensize and non-Flash support.
    If everybody who'd jumped the Apple ship because of screensize had had a larger-screen iPhone option, it would be Samsung and its Android-cohorts licking their wounds instead - but Jobs was always a slave to his non-commercial and misguided principles of design 'philosophy' .... which don't appear to have done Samsung sales a great deal of harm, with their 4.8", 5.0", 5.3" and now 5.8" screen options.
    As much as I'd like to believe that, I don't see them increasing the screen size when they are calling it the "5S." I have no doubt that the phone will look pretty much identical to the 5 ie 3G-3GS, 4-4S. I really wish they would increase the screen size though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default More battery please!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    more pixels require a beefier processor - we all see what happened with the iPad 3 - It performed as well as the iPad 2. We only sway a true upgrade with the release of the iPad 4 or iPad 3S (whatever). Now we are getting excellent benchmark results. I seriously doubt that Apple is going to double the PPI.

I want better battery life, more RAM, and a much much much better camera - and that will make me happy.
    YES,, What he said^ I would love to have an all day battery for my iPhone like Razr MAXX battery life! Its the only thing I thing minus a better camera, and some updates to the iOS to complete a close to allready perfect device...Almost.. Better battery life, ALOT better is a must, and is the single thing that will make me sell my iPhone 5, and pay full price for the new device since I'm unlimited on Despise-ZON (Verizon). Cant wait till Apple figures out how to do it, as it will def be my next device.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Apple will never divulge the fact, but poor battery-life is caused be restoring a new iPhone from a backup made on an old one (different model, say 4 to 4S).
    I've tried this on several different iPhones and it's been the same story - 3 or 4 times the battery life from an iPhone set up as a new device.
    Clearly, Apple regards divulging this as a sales-loser - but it's a fact of digital life common to all devices.
    I used to moderate on a section of the biggest PC-overclocking forum back when it was amdmb.com - and the number one issue was OS problems that arose from restoring OS images after a BIOS update (effectively the same as a hardware update).
    Last edited by iPhoneThereforeIAm; 05-31-2013 at 05:40 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneThereforeIAm For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (05-31-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustCause152 View Post
    Because that's all Crapple knows how to do these days is resize and recycle old sh.it!

Most of the crap out there doesn't even fit in the current resolution, might as well start from scratch, AGAIN!
    I love people like you that talk out of their 4th point of contact. Where is your phone? Oh right...... Apple must be doing something right, they have a billion in the bank.... what's you account look like?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think it's rumor. Apple is not doing like this.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123