+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5S to Have Double the Resolution of the iPhone 5?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Silverado1987 My only defense is if its not broke don't fix it. And to make an app in the App Store it has to be available for
    Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    My only defense is if its not broke don't fix it. And to make an app in the App Store it has to be available for iPhone 5 as well. Plus old developers have gotten emails to update their apps.
    Yes but there are a TON of awesome apps that haven't been updated, not just in the Crap store but in Cydia as well. As a dev myself, it's very tiresome having to go back and rework my app's because of STUPID changes! It's different when you're reworking your app to implement new features etc. But making changes over dumb things is just plain annoying. I have spoken with other developers feel the same way as well.

Look at every time a new iOS is released. All the Cydia apps have to be reworked. All for an iOS that is 98% exactly the same as the last iOS! Just look at iOS 6, it's nothing more than an iOS 5.1.2! Actually in all honesty iOS 6 is more of a DOWNGRADE when compared to iOS 5.1.1

Thanks

The two "S" models released so far have had the exact same ppi as their predecessor.

If they're enhancing resolution that much just to get back the ppi crown they bragged about so much with the iP4, they should just release the iP6. Because they'll either orphan the two other resolutions they'd have to support for a few more years, or even worse, nobody would adopt the new resolution because apple is kinda played out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an apple fan. But in Apple's history they've had some major peaks and valleys as far as their innovation. Even the hardest-core apple fan boy has to admit that apple is at one of those crossroads where they'll either soar higher, or hit a valley until they unleash "the next biggest thing of all time".

Thanks
    Thanked 3,839 Times in 876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i113 View Post
    The two "S" models released so far have had the exact same ppi as their predecessor.

If they're enhancing resolution that much just to get back the ppi crown they bragged about so much with the iP4, they should just release the iP6. Because they'll either orphan the two other resolutions they'd have to support for a few more years, or even worse, nobody would adopt the new resolution because apple is kinda played out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an apple fan. But in Apple's history they've had some major peaks and valleys as far as their innovation. Even the hardest-core apple fan boy has to admit that apple is at one of those crossroads where they'll either soar higher, or hit a valley until they unleash "the next biggest thing of all time".
    I really don't expect any company to blow my socks off with innovation like the iPhone first did in 2007. I mean once you point technology in the right direction there is only so much you can do. Look at computers. All computers pretty much have the same principle as past computers with better software and hard ware.

I personally think that apple is in a great position. Sure they are not leading in unit sales, but they are leading in profit margin by far. I believe apple will keep on the path of refining and releasing great features when they have got it right.

Just my personal take on It though

4. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

ecofrankenstein (05-29-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    Doubling the resolution wouldn't be enough. I'd still be able to make out the individual pixels with my electron microscope.
    Soon, I am going to barely see a complete pixel in SEM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope this means they are doubling the screen size

My iPhone is a Part of Me slim.jim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
    I hope this means they are doubling the screen size
    Buy an iPad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donnutt View Post
    your profile says you have a 3gs...
    They have made many improvements since then....
    hahahaha

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Buy a tesla, a desktop, and a dslr
    I didn't know AT&T and Verizon sold a tesla, a desktop and a DSLR for $200 with a 2 year contract. Going to the store right now. Will keep you posted.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I I really hope this isn’t the extent of the upgrades to the 5s. Apple hasn’t had a really useful advances in a revisions now. It’s getting old

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    If android did it why wouldn't apple?
    Android did not do this. They're talking about insane ppi. This would be like computer resolution on a 4 inch screen.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Hope they make a bigger screen also!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me slim.jim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Android did not do this. They're talking about insane ppi. This would be like computer resolution on a 4 inch screen.
    wtf is computer resolution? Most people run 1080p on a computer, and that has been done on a 5" screen. it would be more like taking the resolution of the iPad retina display and cramming it into a 4" screen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    They wouldn't do it because it would be completely ******* useless. 99% of people can NOT see the individual pixels on the iPhone 5S, and though I'm part of that 1%, I'm not going to be sitting there straining my eyes and going, "Hey! I can see the pixels!!"

The resolution is EXTREMELY high as is, and increasing that resolution won't do A THING. THAT'S why. It'll be a complete waste of processing AND price!
    I strain my eyes just to see the pixels on the 4S, I completely agree. Focus on the processor, ram, battery life and finger scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    wtf is computer resolution? Most people run 1080p on a computer, and that has been done on a 5" screen. it would be more like taking the resolution of the iPad retina display and cramming it into a 4" screen.
    I was thinking the same thing lol, the only thing I can think of that he's talking about is the 2880 retina display of the MBP, but I'm pretty sure that the MBP has less ppi than an iPhone?
    Last edited by fanboyfanboy; 05-28-2013 at 10:36 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    Why would they not do it? Would you rather less pixels and a slower processor?
    lol have fun with the same old phone..apple is about to go down if this is real

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hold on, guys.
    Why is this so impossible ?
    The current 1136 640 display has 727K pixels
    A doubling to 1,454K pixels would require a 1606 x 905 display.
    Current flagship Androids are sporting 1920 x 1080 displays ... albeit in larger screens.
    If you blew the i-5's 4.0" display up to the HTC One's 4.7", it would have a LOWER pixel density.
    Perhaps the rumours are true.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,839 Times in 876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Hold on, guys.
    Why is this so impossible ?
    The current 1136 640 display has 727K pixels
    A doubling to 1,454K pixels would require a 1606 x 905 display.
    Current flagship Androids are sporting 1920 x 1080 displays ... albeit in larger screens.
    If you blew the i-5's 4.0" display up to the HTC One's 4.7", it would have a LOWER pixel density.
    Perhaps the rumours are true.
    Technically I believe this article is wrong. To actually double the resolution of the iPhone 5 that would require 2242 x 1250 which is 4x the amount of pixels of the iPhone 5.

Just like when they came out with the retina display that "doubled" the resolution of the non retina display. It went from 480 x 320 to 690 x 640.

Remember to double the resolution and keep the same aspect ratio that means across and down. So 1 pixel becomes 4 pixels.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Technically I believe this article is wrong. To actually double the resolution of the iPhone 5 that would require 2242 x 1250 which is 4x the amount of pixels of the iPhone 5.

Just like when they came out with the retina display that "doubled" the resolution of the non retina display. It went from 480 x 320 to 690 x 640.

Remember to double the resolution and keep the same aspect ratio that means across and down. So 1 pixel becomes 4 pixels.
    I think the current rumours really are as claimed, about doubling (not quadrupling) the pixel count - which arguably, is doubling the resolution.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What is the point in having such a high resolution on such a small display screen. If the display was larger as other phones then I could understand it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollafront1314 View Post
    lol have fun with the same old phone..apple is about to go down if this is real
    Don't you fools ever get tired of making these stupid prognostications?

Thanks

You wouldn't be ale to see the difference