+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Volume Amplifier' Can Be Used to Amplify the Speaker Volume By 200% on the iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 763 Posts

Default 'Volume Amplifier' Can Be Used to Increase the Speaker Volume By 200% on the iPhone 5

We’ve all been in that situation where it is hard to hear the person that you’re on the phone with. Luckily, a new jailbreak tweak dubbed Volume Amplifier by iOS developer hacx is out and it works with Apple’s latest iPhone – the iPhone 5. The developer notes that Volume Amplifier is different from other tweaks in Cydia claiming to do the same thing, because rather than editing a configuration file, Volume Amplifier actually amplifies the audio stream.

Using the tweak is simple. You can simply just start using it after you install it:

Once your volume has already hit 100% via the speaker, you can continue to press the volume up button on the side of the device to amplify the volume even more.

When you surpass the default 100% volume, a colored amplifier indicator appears at the top and bottom of the volume level indicator. Above the volume icon, the tweak tells you the percentage that the volume has been amplified by. You can reach a maximum of 200% amplification before you top out.

In the event that you want to quickly undo all amplification, you can set an Activator action to reset the amplification to default on demand.

Volume Amplifier doesn’t work for things like listening to music because the sound in the bottom speaker is already loud enough for most people. The tweak only works for the front-facing speaker that touches your ear when you’re in a phone call. Currently, Volume Amplifier only works with the iPhone 5 on iOS 6.0 and later. The developer says he will add support for the iPhone 4S/iPhone 4 if enough people request it.

If you would like to grab this tweak and start having clearer phone calls in loud environments, you can download Volume Amplifier from Cydia's BigBoss repository for $1.99.

Name: Volume Amplifier
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iPhone 5 running iOS 6.0+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: hacx
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

1.99 is steep, and not avail for ip4 kinda sucks.

I like the idea of this tweak tho... I'd utilize it with the ip4

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd love this if I could have it on my 4s for free because it's not worth a cent in my opinion. not every little tweak like this deserves cash. only big modifications like Auxo and Intelliscreen X deserve cash (there are others I just didn't mention them for times sake ).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PokemonDesigner For This Useful Post:

Faresismail (05-28-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Nice, but It needs to work with the external speaker to make the phone ring louder.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    I'd love this if I could have it on my 4s for free because it's not worth a cent in my opinion. not every little tweak like this deserves cash. only big modifications like Auxo and Intelliscreen X deserve cash (there are others I just didn't mention them for times sake ).
    I think all developers deserve some money, but they should offer like a 7 day trial incase it's not for you or should offer a lite version.
    Last edited by Mc-Lovin_341; 05-27-2013 at 05:08 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mc-Lovin_341 For This Useful Post:

rampagebegins (05-27-2013), vinaygoel2000 (05-27-2013)

Thanks

yeah if it could make the music speaker louder that would be awesome

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone 4S bump.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Meh with everyone else if music and all could work with this count me in.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 795 Posts

nvm
    Last edited by dsg; 05-27-2013 at 06:15 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone 4 please

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

I call bs on this.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mc-Lovin_341 View Post
    I think all developers deserve some money, but they should offer like a 7 day trial incase it's not for you or should offer a lite version.
    +1 I love try before you buy options.

Also, I feel like this could ruin the speakers in the iPhone 5. Speakers in phones aren't the best in the first place. I don't think I would take a risk at ruining them even more.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Scotty Manley Silberhorn For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (05-27-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    So why don't you go and take the time to learn how to program, then learn how to test, then have multiple devices to test on to ensure it does or doesn't work on specific phones and then, after spending hundreds upon hundreds of hours making something, then offer it for free.

Cheap *** greedy people like you are why we can't have nice things. It's why the App Store market is so full of crappy *** freemium games, because cheap idiots like you wanted everything for nothing.

Now, I do agree that it would be nice for the more obscure tweaks like this to have a trial period, but then that's the reason ModMy reviews tweaks like these.

As for the damage to the speaker, that is a risk you are taking. But in case someone was slightly hard of hearing, but not to a hearing aid level, this might be an invaluable tweak that is worth well more than $2.

I also doubt that the increase to the volume would be sufficient to blow the speaker itself, but it is a risk you take whenever you fool around with stuff like this.

Moral of the story: stop being such cheap asses and give developers what they deserve for their tweaks. There are loads worth the dollar or two they ask for.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to andsoitgoes For This Useful Post:

Feanor64 (05-27-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
    So why don't you go and take the time to learn how to program, then learn how to test, then have multiple devices to test on to ensure it does or doesn't work on specific phones and then, after spending hundreds upon hundreds of hours making something, then offer it for free.

Cheap *** greedy people like you are why we can't have nice things. It's why the App Store market is so full of crappy *** freemium games, because cheap idiots like you wanted everything for nothing.

Now, I do agree that it would be nice for the more obscure tweaks like this to have a trial period, but then that's the reason ModMy reviews tweaks like these.

As for the damage to the speaker, that is a risk you are taking. But in case someone was slightly hard of hearing, but not to a hearing aid level, this might be an invaluable tweak that is worth well more than $2.

I also doubt that the increase to the volume would be sufficient to blow the speaker itself, but it is a risk you take whenever you fool around with stuff like this.

Moral of the story: stop being such cheap asses and give developers what they deserve for their tweaks. There are loads worth the dollar or two they ask for.
    That's broken logic right there. What if the developer has already spent their time making something that gets them considerable income. Then, they make something new that's just a few lines of code that anyone with that sort of knowledge could make? Does that still deserve hundreds of dollars?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes.

Their making "considerable income" is only relevant in weird communistic thinkings.

Otherwise once everyone broke even from the return on investment from whatever, they would just give it away?

We live in a capitalist world. If you create something that other people want, you deserve to get paid for it.

Simple as that. No questions asked.

Don't like it? Then go live in a tent.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to andsoitgoes For This Useful Post:

Feanor64 (05-27-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone kosher1's Avatar
    Thanks

Dang this **** is frikin loud!!! My ear drum still hurts!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
    Yes.

Their making "considerable income" is only relevant in weird communistic thinkings.

Otherwise once everyone broke even from the return on investment from whatever, they would just give it away?

We live in a capitalist world. If you create something that other people want, you deserve to get paid for it.

Simple as that. No questions asked.

Don't like it? Then go live in a tent.
    Considerable income, meaning, they make a living out of it. No longer is this second project an investment, but just a simple side thing they did in less than an hour or two.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a pointless argument.

Thanks

I feel all this does is enable speaker mode without hitting the speaker button. Plus will be good if it applied to everything else other than just phone call

Thanks

iPhone 5's headphone jack output gets my $2.