+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly Tweak Recap May 20 - May 26

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 760 Posts

Default Weekly Tweak Recap May 20 - May 26

In case you've missed out on the new jailbreak tweaks Cydia has seen, this recap will highlight the tweaks we've shown you this week. These are in no specific order.

1. Badger – 99

Badger is a new jailbreak tweak that makes it easier to handle and respond to notifications on your iOS device. By choosing a gesture, you can easily view, reply to, delete, or mark read any notification that you receive. It works with just about all applications, and it has a ton of options to configure to your liking. This tweak is a must for those wanting to improve the iOS notification experience, and it plays nicely with Velox!

2. Background Manager – 99

Background Manager is a new jailbreak tweak that gives iOS the ability to leave applications running in the background rather than suspending them in the device’s memory until you open them again. You can configure the tweak so that it treats all applications the same, or you can configure individual applications. This tweak is great for anyone that wants real multitasking in iOS, and not just what Apple calls multitasking.

3. QuickGestures – 99

QuickGestures is a new jailbreak tweak that adds Android-like gestures to the Contacts application to make it faster to get in touch with people in your contacts. You can swipe to the right or left over a contact to invoke a call or text message, or you can hold down to compose an e-mail to the contact. The tweak supports FaceTime too, and has an overall visually appealing interface. Check it out!

4. FXOSLock – 99

FXOSLock changes the appearance of your lock screen so you can ditch the aging slide to unlock slider bar. Now, you get a simple centered knob. Dragging it to the right and then releasing the knob unlocks the device, while dragging it to the left and then releasing the knob opens the Camera application. While holding the same great features the iOS lock screen does, FXOSLock makes the lock screen look even better and more minimalistic. It’s worth a shot if you haven’t tried it out yet!

5. FrontFlash – FREE

FrontFlash simulates a camera flash for the front-facing camera by turning the screen white and increasing the screen brightness to 100% during the duration of taking a front-facing photograph. This tweak is useful for increasing light in front-facing photographs and is toggled on or off the same way the LED flash is for rear-facing camera photographs.

6. App Activate – FREE

App Activate lets you assign Activator actions to application icons on the home screen when you double-tap on them. This opens a lot of doors for making iOS more intuitive, for example, setting double-tapping on the Messages application to composing a text message can save you time. The tweak is also compatible with Ask Assistant, making it possible to double-tap on the Weather application to invoke a Siri query such as, "what is the weather like today?" This tweak is definitely worth checking out if you're into shortcuts.

7. DimInCall – $1.99

DimInCall is a new jailbreak tweak that promises to dim the iPhone screen during a call automatically, whether the proximity sensor detects that the iPhone is close to your face or not – you can easily un-dim the display by pressing the home or power button. This helps keep you from accidentally touching buttons on the touch screen. The tweak comes with some useful settings to configure, and is worth checking out if you make a lot of phone calls on your iPhone.

8. IconFlip for Velox – FREE

IconFlip for Velox is a simple jailbreak tweak that creates a 3D flipping animation for application icons when you use Velox to open their folder-like interfaces. You must purchase Velox separately to use this tweak.

9. InstaVelox – FREE

InstaVelox is an add-on for the popular Velox jailbreak tweak that lets you browse Instagram right from the home screen when you swipe up or down on the Instagram application icon. You must purchase Velox separately to use this add-on.

10. SettingsVelox – FREE

SettingsVelox is an add-on for the popular Velox jailbreak tweak that gives the user power controls and brightness/volume sliders right from the home screen. You must purchase Velox separately to use this add-on.

Stay tuned for next week's Weekly Tweak Recap - only on ModMyi!

If you missed our previous Weekly Tweak Recap, you can view it from this link.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Quentin.Sheley (05-27-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone zeppy's Avatar
    Thanks

Anthony,

Many, so many appreciate the time and effort you put into the forums, articles and the Recaps!

Could we also have a monthly recap? The "top weekly recaps", that were most favorably commented on could make up this monthly recap list.

The readers who missed the weekly recaps could access one post to find the month's best apps & tweaks that were most favorably commented upon and the developers would get much needed exposure as well.
    Last edited by zeppy; 05-27-2013 at 06:14 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zeppy For This Useful Post:

BhadKarma (05-27-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeppy View Post
    Anthony,

Many, so many appreciate the time and effort you put into the forums, articles and the Recaps!

Could we also have a monthly recap? The "top weekly recaps", that were most favorably commented on could make up this monthly recap list.

The readers who missed the weekly recaps could access one post to find the month's best apps & tweaks that were most favorably commented upon and the developers would get much needed exposure as well.
    A monthly recap sounds good too.
    Would be beneficial I think.
    +1

As well as thanks for the time and effort all writers put into this.

Thanks

Background manager makes some apps not function at all, like Chrome.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anthony,

+1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Background manager makes some apps not function at all, like Chrome.
    Really? I just tested that. You applied it to Chrome, or to all? I saw right away I didn't want to use it for ALL apps, only the ones I use the most. I don't need Chrome to background, I need the apps I use most to do that.

Thanks Anthony, for this list there is one more I will try thanks to you.

Actually chrome works fine, backgrounded or not. I don't know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by XweAponX; 05-27-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks

When I applied it to Chrome, when I launched the app all I got was a blank page. I could type in the omni bar but when I pressed enter nothing happened. Couldn't got to my bookmarks or anything.

---Edit---

Never-mind, my issue was on the first release. I see that in the change log it has been fixed.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 05-27-2013 at 02:36 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default You wont miss last weeks picks
    Anthony,

They always have the last week link at the end of article(s).