+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Cloud iOS App Launches in App Store

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Verizon Cloud iOS App Launches in App Store

Verizon recently launched a new iPhone application for its subscribers that provides access to the carrier’s cloud-based syncing and backup service. The official Verizon Cloud application is now available as a free download from the App Store. It requires iOS 5.0 or later and is optimized for the 4-inch display on the iPhone 5.

Customers can sign up for the Verizon Cloud service, which made its debut last month, by visiting the carrier’s website. For those of you who aren’t familiar with the pricing, the entry-level 500 MB plan is free, while 25 GB is available for $2.99 per month, 75 GB for $5.99 per month, and 125 GB for $9.99 per month.

According to Verizon, the recently released iOS application includes the following features:

• Keep your phone's content safe and secure in your own private cloud storage
    • Access your content when you need it, even on the go, on any compatible device, your computer or the web
    • Sync photos and videos from Verizon Cloud to your device, and then share that synched content with your friends and family
    • tream music and access documents stored in Verizon Cloud on your phone
    • Backup content from your computer's hard drive to your Verizon Cloud using the downloadable computer app. You can then access that content on your mobile devices.

Do any of you Verizon customers plan on taking advantage of the app and what it has to offer?

Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

500 mb really Verizon? I camt even store half of the asphalt 7 app on thaf. After all the ******* $ we pay you that's how you "reward" us? If your service wasn't the best you would be out of business by now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    500 mb really Verizon? I camt even store half of the asphalt 7 app on thaf. After all the ******* $ we pay you that's how you "reward" us? If your service wasn't the best you would be out of business by now.
    Actually, besides the free 500MB these prices are way better than Apple's cloud prices. Do the math.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea, 25 GB for $3? That's pretty legit... Do you have to be an existing Verizon customer?

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
    Yea, 25 GB for $3? That's pretty legit... Do you have to be an existing Verizon customer?
    That's $3/month not just $3
    No idea about being a current customer but that's how they'll try to keep u as a customer!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amenter18 View Post
    Actually, besides the free 500MB these prices are way better than Apple's cloud prices. Do the math.
    Yes that's not bad, but still is more expensive then mega.

Thanks

Really not sure why they're even offering this... Too many big boys in this space.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ECUpirate44 View Post
    Really not sure why they're even offering this... Too many big boys in this space.
    Very obvious why: people like having their bills in one place. They like it when AT&T has home phones, TV, Internet, and cell phones because they want to organize their bills, pay the same person, it's easier. So now they have this, cloud with Verizon, along with cell service (and likely FIOS as well). Very smart move by Verizon actually.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amenter18 View Post
    Verizon cloud service (25gb) for $36/year vs Apple's $40/year - I'd rather spend extra $4 and choose Apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Verizon cloud service (25gb) for $36/year vs Apple's $40/year - I'd rather spend extra $4 and choose Apple.
    Not only that, you're already paying Verizon for an overly-expensive cell phone bill. You'd think they'd give you a decent discount

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    True, me too honestly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Timmy what is going on, Steve is going to be very upset that u first messed up his thermonuclear war strategy, and now u just straight killing apple wow . if these are the new features u guys are fooling ur selves not innovative at all, this is a stuck in the back of the tech line , Lol (android baby). All day long san!!!!! Well good luck crapple see u at the back of the line.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonylee5566 View Post
    Timmy what is going on, Steve is going to be very upset that u first messed up his thermonuclear war strategy, and now u just straight killing apple wow . if these are the new features u guys are fooling ur selves not innovative at all, this is a stuck in the back of the tech line , Lol (android baby). All day long san!!!!! Well good luck crapple see u at the back of the line.
    What does Verizon cloud service have to do with apple innovating or not?

Thanks

What the hell are you talking about?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to fanboyfanboy For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (05-27-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    What the hell are you talking about?
    talk about apple ...

Thanks

talk about apple ...
    This article is about Verizon launching an iOS app for cloud saving... It has nothing to do with apple and there products and there innovation?

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

Something tells me Verizon is going to be raking in dough with this when people start syncing their files without checking on their data plans first. Hope you kept your unlimited data or you always have wifi handy!