+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Adding iPhone to GoPhone Prepaid Family

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Albort Is this before or after the iPhone is accepted into the GoPhone? I know for sure you can get an iPhone on GoPhone without a data
    szr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albort View Post
    Is this before or after the iPhone is accepted into the GoPhone? I know for sure you can get an iPhone on GoPhone without a data plan before but what about now?
    This has been possible since at least the 3GS (although really any iPhone that can accept an AT&T SIM card should work.)

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    All US carriers require a data plan with smartphones. AT&T is no exception, iPhone is no exception. Even Verizon Galaxy S4, for example, requires a data plan. Prepaid or postpaid.
    Using a pre-paid "Go" SIM from AT&T you can insert the card into an iPhone and no data plan is required.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    This has been possible since at least the 3GS (although really any iPhone that can accept an AT&T SIM card should work.)

Using a pre-paid "Go" SIM from AT&T you can insert the card into an iPhone and no data plan is required.
    I believe AT&T didn't "officially" support it prior to this announcement and things like visual voicemail didn't work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Was this an actual "official" announcement by ATT? I've never seen anything officially announced, just a lot of redirection to Engadget (that thanks anonymous) and MacRumors from other blogs. Nothing on the ATT forum either. Has anyone actually gotten this to work?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12