+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recent Study Reveals Mobile Gamers Mainly Discover Games by Word-of-Mouth

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Recent Study Reveals Mobile Gamers Mainly Discover Games by Word-of-Mouth

According to a new study released by Applifier, the number one way mobile game players find the games they like is word of mouth. That doesn’t necessarily mean in-person discussion about mobile games however, though 36% of users did report that hearing from a friend or family member was a major source of games and 25% of users said actually seeing a friend or family member play a game was one way they found out about their favorites. The other 43% of users say reading user reviews was the main way they found what they liked to play.

Another big game pusher is video, with 70% of users polled by Applifier saying that they watched online video about mobile games in the last week and 45% of users said that watching the video had them downloading the same game right away. Additional data revealed that most mobile game players according to Applifier download up to five mobile games a month, which is just a little more than one per week. The games were roughly played for about three hours per week, through obviously spread across the entire week (likely to be bits here and there as opposed to three hours at one time). Applifier said 20% of users can be classified as “sharers,” which means they are more likely to download more games, play more often and for longer and eventually convert to paying users.

It’s quite interesting to see that despite all of the infrastructure for app discovery that Apple has put research and development into, odds are that you are still hearing about your favorite iOS downloads from other people you know anyway. How did you guys end up finding some of your favorite games?

Source: Applifier via Everyplay (blog)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah it's kinda stupid for some companies as well... Currently playing Star Wars and they are shutting down the Asia pacific servers because not enough people are playing... They did absolutely no advertising in Australia and somehow expected to get more people playing. I guess my 'word of mouth' isn't helping a whole lot

I found out about it from an Internet advertisement on a gaming site.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That is a great game bigray. I do agree with this article too as a lot of the games I have grown addicted to games which started as a result of hearing about it from a friend or family member.

Thanks

Good now stop ALL ADDS IN MEDIA haha. See how much you sell at that point.