Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Shazam Updates Apps Making Them Universal, Adds Background Tagging

Default Shazam Updates Apps Making Them Universal, Adds Background Tagging

The popular music-tagging service Shazam has updated their Shazam Encore and Shazam applications for iOS Thursday morning to version 6.0. The update to the application makes Shazam a universal application for iPhone, iPod touch, and the iPad.

In addition, the application now comes with a background-tagging feature, which allows the application to tag media around you when the application is running in the background, such as when you’re composing an e-mail, playing a game, or even text messaging a friend.

Shazam's updates make it so the application can even automatically tag songs in T.V. shows that you watch, in games that you play, and media that you watch on your iOS device. This makes it so you don’t have to fumble around with applications to find out what you’re hearing.

With an updated dynamic home screen, Shazam lets you see what’s being tagged around the world and the most popular tags. This will be great for music discovery, and it’s a great way to stay social. The update also gives you the ability to flip through your recent tags, and favorite the ones that you like.

The update is available for free for existing users via the Updates tab in the App Store. Alternatively, you can download Shazam Encore for $6.99 from this App Store link, or Shazam for free from this App Store link.

Sources: App Store

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

For those of you that purchased Shazam for iPad version 2.8.0, DO NOT UPDATE to this latest version!!!!
    When I opened Shazam, a message tells me, that "Shazam for iPad" is being replaced by "Shazam". - one universal app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
    It is not an update but a new app that seems to free but an IAP of 6.99 gets rid of the ads.

7 bucks just to stop ads.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    7 bucks just to stop ads.
    FYi: If you own Shazam Encore, it's a free upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by yearoftherat View Post
    For those of you that purchased Shazam for iPad version 2.8.0, DO NOT UPDATE to this latest version!!!!
    When I opened Shazam, a message tells me, that "Shazam for iPad" is being replaced by "Shazam". - one universal app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
    It is not an update but a new app that seems to free but an IAP of 6.99 gets rid of the ads.
    There is Shazam(free) and Shazam Encore(paid). Encore doesn't require this as you've already bought it. I've had Encore for four years but remember the free Shazam only letting you tag 5 songs a month.