+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pandora for iOS Updated With Enhanced Track Menu, Song Information, Facebook Sharing

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Pandora for iOS Updated With Enhanced Menu, Song Information, Facebook Sharing

Pandora for iOS has been updated Wednesday, bringing the application to version 4.3 and adding several new significant features for users to take advantage of; especially those that use Facebook.

With today’s update, users can now take advantage of a new Facebook integration that allows your friends to see what you’re listening to. You will be able to “publish and curate” your music on Facebook with the latest version of Pandora. As expected, you will get configuration options for what you wish to share on Facebook, if you even want to share what you're listening to at all.

The update also brings a new feature to Pandora that allows you to tap on a song’s album artwork to display detailed information about the song, including song lyrics, and various types of information about the artist of the song. Version 4.3 also enhances the track menu, allowing you to create new stations, bookmark your music, and much more.

Apart from the new features, the update adds some performance improvements, stability improvements, and bug fixes. Existing users of Pandora for iOS will find the update in the Updated tab of the App Store. Alternatively, new users can download the latest version of Pandora for iOS via this App Store link.

Sources: App Store

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

No way do I want anyone on Facebook to know that I'm listening to Justin Beiber

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

So tired of Facebook integration already, I will skip this update. Besides, it kills my "unlimited skips" patch. :0

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The update also blocks Pandora Downloader from downloading music..

iPhone? More like MyPhone kingchkn's Avatar
    Thanks

Only seems to block it in the iPhone. I was still able to download and skip unlimited on my iPad mini. I can still skip on the IP5 just not download.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Use Pandy, it's better than downloader anyway. It converts it and then puts the song into your Music.app

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    this is good to know. i guess i wont be updating as i dont want to loose downloader and unlimited skips.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    this is good to know. i guess i wont be updating as i dont want to loose downloader and unlimited skips.
    I have Pandora Downloader and decided to "upgrade" the app to see what would happen. The unlimited skip feature of the tweak still works but you can't download anymore. Just an FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhp41 View Post
    Use Pandy, it's better than downloader anyway. It converts it and then puts the song into your Music.app
    I'll check that out. I was using iFile and MewSeek to move it into my music app with Downloader. This sounds like it skips the extra step.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I stopped using Pandora for a few months now since it got flooded with ads. Is there any tweak to remove the ads? I don't care about downloading or skips.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    I did a dum move on that one, Darnit

Quote Originally Posted by kingchkn View Post
    Only seems to block it in the iPhone. I was still able to download and skip unlimited on my iPad mini. I can still skip on the IP5 just not download.
    Same here,ip5

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    I did a dum move on that one, Darnit

Same here,ip5
    If you updated it right on your phone, your computer most probably still has the old ipa. Just delete app from phone and sync with iTunes on your computer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    I stopped using Pandora for a few months now since it got flooded with ads. Is there any tweak to remove the ads? I don't care about downloading or skips.
    Yes, download pandora downloader from cydia. It will get rid of most ads and allow you to download songs and skip unlimited all in one tweak. Just got an update now for pandora downloader and now I can download songs again. It's the button on the upper right side and a bunch of options pop out, one of them being "save song with PD."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ABOSWORTH For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (05-23-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    Yes, download pandora downloader from cydia. It will get rid of most ads and allow you to download songs and skip unlimited all in one tweak. Just got an update now for pandora downloader and now I can download songs again. It's the button on the upper right side and a bunch of options pop out, one of them being "save song with PD."
    Thanks. Any way to donate the developer and get rid of ads within the Downloader app?

UPDATE: I emailed the developer and was informed that they "currently don't offer an ad-free version of the app".
    Last edited by vinaygoel2000; 05-23-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Thanks. Any way to donate the developer and get rid of ads within the Downloader app?

UPDATE: I emailed the developer and was informed that they "currently don't offer an ad-free version of the app".
    I don't see ads in my downloader app but it may be because I don't have music there. As soon as I download something from Pandora, I use iFile and MewSeek to move the file into my stock music app with the rest of my music.

Thanks

I don't see ads in my downloader app but it may be because I don't have music there. As soon as I download something from Pandora, I use iFile and MewSeek to move the file into my stock music app with the rest of my music.
    Really? I got the app from its official repo (Harrison apps). Did u use that repo or something else?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Working Perfect just got the update now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bhp41 View Post
    Downloader does that too... It also gives you the option to block any and all ads, have unlimited skips, unlimited listening with no 40 hour a month cap...

I had the old version from a different repo... This newest version from the Harrison apps repo is so dope... Hella options!

Since they started the limit of 40 hours a month a few months ago, I have paid .99 cents within the first 10 days of the month to keep listening... This newest version of downloader breaks the 40 hour cap!

[QUOTE=ABOSWORTH;6879485 As soon as I download something from Pandora, I use iFile and MewSeek to move the file into my stock music app with the rest of my music. [/QUOTE]

That's a lot of unnecessary work since you can do all that within the app itself... Jus sayin...

↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕
    I use iFile and MewSeek to move the file into my stock music app with the rest of my music.
    Last edited by Sage I; 05-24-2013 at 12:22 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sage I For This Useful Post:

ABOSWORTH (05-24-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    That's a lot of unnecessary work since you can do all that within the app itself... Jus sayin...

↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕
    LOL!! You know, I never even knew there was an option to configure this. Thanks for the tip man. It's not like I enjoy using iFile and MewSeek to do this. I just never saw the option in the options section.