+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'IconFlip for Velox' Adds an Icon Animation to the Velox Jailbreak Tweak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Those of you rocking the Velox jailbreak tweak are already enjoying the additional features that you get right from the home screen without actually having to open any applications. If
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default 'IconFlip for Velox' Adds an Icon Animation to the Velox Jailbreak Tweak

Those of you rocking the Velox jailbreak tweak are already enjoying the additional features that you get right from the home screen without actually having to open any applications. If you haven't tried it already, you should definitely hop aboard the train and give the tweak a shot!

If you’re using Velox already and you want to continue to spice its features up on top of the multiple add-ons that give the tweak for functionality than you can get right out of the box, then check out a new free jailbreak tweak called IconFlip for Velox by iOS developer MPow.

IconFlip for Velox gives Velox a new animation for application icons when you swipe down on them to reveal the folder-like interface. The animation gives the application icon a three-dimensional look that occurs only as long as the folder-like interface is open. When you close the folder-like interface, the application icon’s position returns to normal.

The animation is a minimal touch, but it certainly is a nice touch at that. It doesn’t come with any options to configure.

IconFlip for Velox is open source, and its source code can be viewed on GitHub via this link. If you're interested in giving IconFlip for Velox a try, you can download it for free via Cydia's BigBoss repository. You must have Velox installed to use IconFlip for Velox, which is a separate purchase of $1.99 in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: IconFlip for Velox
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: Velox
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: MPow
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 05-22-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    IcoFlip for Velox is free but you have mentioned $1.99 as its charge.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Velox - $1.99, IconFlip for Velox - free

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate when tweaks like this come out and devs just start making a bunch of crap for it, instead of creating original ideas. I honestly don't see how Velox is useful. All it does in my opinion, is remove the need to actually boot any of your apps. Is the time saved booting an app worth the battery drain no doubt caused from running apps right off your springboard? Anyone feel free to explain the benefits of Velox to me. There must be something I'm missing

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yohu123 View Post
    IcoFlip for Velox is free but you have mentioned $1.99 as its charge.
    Thanks – fixed!

iPhone? More like MyPhone zeppy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    I hate when tweaks like this come out and devs just start making a bunch of crap for it, instead of creating original ideas. I honestly don't see how Velox is useful. All it does in my opinion, is remove the need to actually boot any of your apps. Is the time saved booting an app worth the battery drain no doubt caused from running apps right off your springboard? Anyone feel free to explain the benefits of Velox to me. There must be something I'm missing
    ^Church^ :-)

Velox is nice eye-candy though for many people who don't care about battery life.

I personally agree with your point about Velox being not that useful in terms of utility, but it is always good to have the development of any kind of app that people want which stimulates even more App development and innovation down the road.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeppy View Post
    ^Church^ :-)

Velox is nice eye-candy though for many people who don't care about battery life.

I personally agree with your point about Velox being not that useful in terms of utility, but it is always good to have the development of any kind of app that people want which stimulates even more App development and innovation down the road.
    True. Thanks for confirming
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken