+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iOS 7 Rumored to Have Flickr and Vimeo Integration

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple's iOS 7 Rumored to Have Flickr and Vimeo Integration

Apple seems to be spending extra effort to offer deep social network integration in its mobile operating system. This was first seen with Twitter integration in iOS 5 and then Facebook integration in iOS 6. According to 9to5Mac, Apple will be expanding its social network integration even further with iOS 7 by including support for both Flickr (the photo sharing site) and Vimeo (the video sharing site).

Much like Facebook and Twitter integration, Flickr and Vimeo integration will allow users to be able to sign into the social networks in the Settings menu. The one-time sign-in credentials will be usable across the iOS platform, providing comprehensive sharing options and easy integration with other downloaded apps.

Flickr seems to be a logical addition to the iOS platform given Apple’s existing relationship with Yahoo and the popular hosting site Vimeo is a logical choice for iOS 7 as Apple continues to move away from Google products. The Cupertino California company’s move away from Google products was seen as the company stopped offering YouTube as a stock iOS app with iOS 6, which is the same time it also introduced its own mapping app, discontinuing the use of Google Maps.

Although Apple continues to allow direct video uploads to YouTube from its camera app, Vimeo integration with iOS 7 will likely offer users the ability to directly upload video to the Vimeo platform instead. As with Yahoo, Apple has an existing relationship with Vimeo, having offered integration with the service in OS X Mountain Lion. One thing to note though is that Flickr and Vimeo integration is currently in the works with all beta software, with that being said there is a risk that it could be removed before the public release of iOS 7 if Apple feels it isn’t ready.

We’ll just have to wait for the upcoming Worldwide Developers Conference, where iOS 7 is said to debut to find out.

Source: 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Screw all that ... what about text wrapping in browsers ?
    Apple need to start getting a clue as to why it's taking a butt-kicking from Android.
    It should be far outselling the totality of all Android devices (because it's a better user-experience and immeasurably better written and so, more stable), but it it isn't.
    Why is it so blind to the questions of why that is ?
    Newsflash, Apple - things like text-wrapping are iDevice deal-breakers.
    I'd never have given Android a second look if Apple were a bit more consumer-demand-centric.

Apple is still not commercial.
    Great, but not commercial.
    Unfortunately, you can only do that for so long.
    Please wake up before it's too late, Apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

That's stupidd....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Airwaves182 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (05-22-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Whoa... So cool. Not.
    I personally wouldn't use either of these at all...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Useless apps :S

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why doesn't it take a leaf out of Androids book and allow integration of every app into the system?

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Their idea of a new idea is integrating a few services every year... great.. Screw original thoughts right?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yet more useless apps

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 667 Posts

RUMORED!!!!!!! Its not etched in stone..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why they haven't learned from tweaks that Jailbreak provides? iOS 7 should at least get 10 of them; now that will be an interesting update.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

two extremely useless apps. as long as can still post to YouTube from my camera roll then I don't really care. two features they desperately need are Swype text and quick reply. just saying. then maybe they wouldn't have to worry about Android as a competitor.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default more useless crap
    More useless crap!
    I will not use them, I will delete them! I hope this is not another worthless upgrade!

iPhone? More like MyPhone zeppy's Avatar
    Thanks

Post iOS BloatWare is Coming..!
    Quote Originally Posted by garfielgato2 View Post
    Why they haven't learned from tweaks that Jailbreak provides? iOS 7 should at least get 10 of them; now that will be an interesting update.
    ^Church^ :-)

iOS7 better be, and I want it to be, people are waiting to see if it will be a "Game Changer"

Fire all the top idiots in managment that have driven Apple in the wrong direction and get some real talent and idea driven people who work at Apple to take over the iOS platform.

Give us freedom! We want freedom! Not some lame bloatware integration into iOS that gives us no more real functionality than we can already get from the 'billion' apps that are already out there.

If Apple goes down this path and "Bloats up the iOS" (like Samsung has on sadly done on the S4) then users will NOT be able to simply uninstall something in order to get rid of the bloatware integration like Facebook, Flickr etc...

Jailbreaking is STILL the MAIN reason and for MANY the ONLY reason that people buy iDevices.

Give us freedom Apple developers, real freedom and we WILL NOT HAVE TO jailbreak anymore, unless we want to.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Screw all that ... what about text wrapping in browsers ?
    Apple need to start getting a clue as to why it's taking a butt-kicking from Android.
    It should be far outselling the totality of all Android devices (because it's a better user-experience and immeasurably better written and so, more stable), but it it isn't.
    Why is it so blind to the questions of why that is ?
    Newsflash, Apple - things like text-wrapping are iDevice deal-breakers.
    I'd never have given Android a second look if Apple were a bit more consumer-demand-centric.

Apple is still not commercial.
    Great, but not commercial.
    Unfortunately, you can only do that for so long.
    Please wake up before it's too late, Apple.
    Huh? Mind explaining the problem? My Android browsing experience has been miserable. I can't zoom in without the page text reformatting and I can't zoom in to specific parts by double-tapping (just does a zoom + reformat instead of sizing to the block/table I tapped). The text field wrapping is WAY off and the insertion point is often on an entirely different line than the selection handle. Granted, these may have been fixed in ICS/JB, but it's pretty damned intolerable IMO and makes browsing/posting a chore.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Huh? Mind explaining the problem? My Android browsing experience has been miserable. I can't zoom in without the page text reformatting and I can't zoom in to specific parts by double-tapping (just does a zoom + reformat instead of sizing to the block/table I tapped). The text field wrapping is WAY off and the insertion point is often on an entirely different line than the selection handle. Granted, these may have been fixed in ICS/JB, but it's pretty damned intolerable IMO and makes browsing/posting a chore.
    You seem confused.
    You're complaining about having text-wrapping in Android - but the Apple issue is the lack of browser text-wrapping.
    If you're using a Samsung Android device, your text-wrapping experience will not be a joyous one - particularly with some browsers under Jellybean.
    Try it in Dolphin browser on an HTC running ICS, where you'll see it properly implemented.
    But ultimately, even if you're having to endure the tedium of double-clicking after zooming (as required with certain browsers running particular Androids on certain phones), you're still immeasurably better off than on any iDevice, which will require scrolling left and right until you just can't take it any more.
    Have a nice day.