+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yahoo Announces Several Changes to Flickr Photo Sharing Service Including 1TB Storage

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Yahoo Announces Several Changes to Flickr Photo Sharing Service Including 1TB Storage

As part of a special media event, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer recently unveiled major changes to photo management and sharing service Flickr. The changes include full resolution image support, 1 Terabyte of storage for each user, and a revamped user interface. The announcement was nearly overshadowed by news of Yahoo’s $1.1 billion Tumblr acquisition and the company’s move into a historic Times Square building the New York Times called home for roughly 90 years.

In a subsequent post on Yahoo’s official blog, Mayer detailed the revamped Flickr as one of the most significant updates the service has undergone since being purchased by Yahoo in the first place in 2005 for $35 million. One of the more prominent changes is Flickr’s new Web photostream interface which replaces the extra whitespace and blue links with “full resolution” images in a tiled layout. The desktop version has a gallery that is endlessly scrollable and also has a new slideshow feature which allows for full-screen photo viewing.

Mayer also announced the fairly large boost to storage limits, which is now set at 1 TB – a feature that isn’t found on any other service as of yet. According to Flickr, the new data cap is enough to hold 537,731 6.5-megapixel photos (roughly what the average smartphone produces). For the iPhone 5, which takes 8-megapixel shots, the 1 TB is good for 436,906 images. In addition to the refreshed interface and added storage cap there was an Android app release with the title already having an iOS version which launched last December. Mayer said the following regarding the service:

We hope you’ll agree that we have made huge strides to make Flickr awesome again and we want to know what you think and how to further improve!
    Will any of you be using the Flickr service given the recent changes?

Source: Yahoo (blog)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Cool, maybe i'll start to use Flickr again.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

1TB! Thoughtful of them!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

I've never used it before but 1tb caught my attention. Is it free¿!¡?

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    I've never used it before but 1tb caught my attention. Is it free¿!¡?
    So I downloaded their app... It's pretty buggy and crash happy... Hoping for improvement...
    Last edited by bmwraw8482; 05-21-2013 at 02:34 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yup 1TB is free!!! I'm still a Premium user and got a letter saying I still had unlimited storage and the 1TB didn't apply to me and that I'll be a Premium going forward.