+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Brings 4G LTE to Six New Locations

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 764 Posts

Default Verizon Brings 4G LTE to Six New Locations

Verizon has Monday announced that they have turned on 4G LTE cellular coverage for six new locations in the United States. Verizon is the leader of 4G LTE coverage in the United States as competing cellular carriers like AT&T, Sprint, and T-mobile lag behind slowly trying to catch up.

The six new locations that now have access to Verizon’s 4G LTE network are:

• Adrian, Michigan
    • Corbin, Kentucky
    • Durango, Colorado
    • Madisonville, Kentucky
    • Marietta, Ohio
    • Mount Pleasant, Michigan

In addition, Verizon has expanded 4G LTE coverage in Iowa’s Lyon, O’Brien, Osceola, and Sioux counties.

4G LTE offers a theoretical download speed of about 100Mb/s; however, due to the realities of network congestion, download speeds on 4G LTE in real life situations are more realistically about 20-60Mb/s. Many of Apple's latest devices that are offered by Verizon, including the iPhone 5, iPad Mini, and iPad with retina display, can take advantage of 4G LTE network speeds.

Are you located in any of the new locations?

Sources: Verizon

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

"due to the realities of network congestion, download speeds on 4G LTE in real life situations are more realistically about 20-60Mb/s"

More like 10-35Mbps. I've seen it go below 10 and above 35 sometimes but it's normally between 15 and 25Mbps everywhere I've run speed tests.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been disappointed with vzw lately. 3G speeds are sad compared to AT&T and as more people get 4g devices their network really seems bogged down. I've been seeing LTE speeds as slow as .5-1mbps here in eastern VA

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    I've been disappointed with vzw lately. 3G speeds are sad compared to AT&T and as more people get 4g devices their network really seems bogged down. I've been seeing LTE speeds as slow as .5-1mbps here in eastern VA
    That speed suck!