+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly Tweak Recap May 13 - May 19

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Weekly Tweak Recap May 13 - May 19

In case you've missed out on the new jailbreak tweaks Cydia has seen, this recap will highlight the tweaks we've shown you this week. These are in no specific order.

1. JellyLock – FREE

JellyLock is a jailbreak tweak that has been in private beta for some time and has just been released into the public repositories of Cydia. The tweak gives iOS an Android Jellybean-like lock screen that offers shortcuts for unlocking the device, getting to the Camera, and getting to various customizable applications. You have full control over the tweak’s appearance, and functions via an extensive preferences pane in the Settings application.

2. LSFlatAlerts – FREE

LSFlatAlerts is a tweak that eliminates the lock screen notification bubbles in place of static lock screen bulletin list notifications. This view is cleaner and makes it easier to see all older notifications via the lock screen.

3. Googiri – FREE

Googiri is a new free jailbreak tweak that allows you to use the powerful speech-to-text feature of Google Search’s voice feature to input queries directly into Siri. This tweak is useful because Siri’s speech to text engine is not quite the most accurate option available. You can route all voice commands in Google Search to Siri, or you can route commands that you mention Siri's name in to Siri.

4. AppLook for Velox – FREE

AppLook for Velox is an add-on for Velox that allows you to swipe up or down on the App Store application icon to search for applications in the App Store. The add-on gives you application icons, names, and prices. Tapping on search results opens the App Store to the application you tapped on.

5. Google Search for Velox – FREE

Google Search for Velox is an add-on for Velox that allows you to swipe up or down on the Google Search application icon to reveal a text field where you can type in search queries. You can then search the Web directly from the home screen and Mobile Safari will open with your search results.

6. Calculator for Velox – FREE

Calculator for Velox is an add-on for Velox that allows you to swipe up or down on the Calculator application to easily access basic mathematical operations from the home screen such as addition, multiplication, subtraction, and division. It doesn’t give you scientific calculator abilities.

Stay tuned for next week's Weekly Tweak Recap - only on ModMyi!

If you missed our previous Weekly Tweak Recap, you can view it from this link.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

alexse25 (05-20-2013), CTaztec (05-20-2013), pnunez1310 (05-20-2013), zplit (05-19-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,468 Times in 2,704 Posts

Very nice pal. Thanks a lot.

Thanks

Thank you

Thanks

Velox is a unnecessary tweak IMO. You can just take the extra 3 seconds it takes to do everything velox does the normal way.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I love these posts. Wish there was more of them with more tweaks. I know a lot more stuff came out this week, but they aren't listed.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C2CA View Post
    Velox is a unnecessary tweak IMO. You can just take the extra 3 seconds it takes to do everything velox does the normal way.
    By that standard, the majority of tweaks out there are unnecessary as they only tweak things rather than actual add any new services.

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

With facebook though you can swipe it, it's Facebook from safari not the app. So you can basically view different accounts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

I still think Peekly+ should be on this list. I'm not a fan of lockscreen themes (or themes in general) but Peekly is pretty cool and the Peekly+ add-on helps make it easier to customize.

Here's my vid if you're interested:
    http://youtu.be/_mfHaJkNAPo

Thanks

Thanks Thaz... Checked out your vid... Looks cool... Only thing is I don't use weather or calendars... I'm thinking of trying Grabby or Axis out soon though...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    Thanks Thaz... Checked out your vid... Looks cool... Only thing is I don't use weather or calendars... I'm thinking of trying Grabby or Axis out soon though...
    No prob! You'll love Grabby if you're constantly accessing certain items all the time. I use Grabby because it momentarily bypasses the Passlock and Axis doesn't do that (afaik).

iPhone? More like MyPhone iH85CH001's Avatar
    Thanks

I couldn't agree more.