+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak Developer Filippo Bigarella Releases 'Balances' Finance App in the App Store

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Student and iOS developer Filippo Bigarella , well-known for creating Springtomize and for his charitable efforts toward fighting pediatric cancer, has just released a new finance application in Apple’s App
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 765 Posts

Default Jailbreak Developer Filippo Bigarella Releases 'Balances' Finance App in the App Store

Student and iOS developer Filippo Bigarella, well-known for creating Springtomize and for his charitable efforts toward fighting pediatric cancer, has just released a new finance application in Apple’s App Store called Balances. Being that the application is in the App Store, it doesn’t require a jailbreak to install; so you can go and grab it right now jailbroken or not.

Balances gives you a unique interface for taking note of your debts and credits. The application is comprised of two buttons – a plus and a minus – and some swipe gestures. You will be able to punch in the amount of money owed or received, as well as a name for the person you owe or are receiving money from. Swiping on transactions will note that you have completed them and they will disappear from view.

Money that you give to people (your debts) will be marked in red, while money that you get from people (your credits) will be marked in green.

Bigarella’s Balances application is already within the top 20 finance applications in the United States App Store, so we’d like to congratulate him for his efforts and success. If you’re interested in giving Balances a try for taking note of your debts and credits, the application is available in the App Store for $1.99. You can grab it from this App Store link.

Sources: App Store via Filippo Bigarella
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 05-19-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,052 Times in 924 Posts

I hope this app does well for him! Congrats Mr Big!!!

"The Original Modsta" _Vansmak_'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,868 Times in 1,227 Posts

At least he won't be told to strip features from his AppStore app like he was by the jailbreak dev community with springtomize.

iPhone? More like MyPhone flrdotcom's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been using 'Balance', no S for many many years, same concept different design...

I wish him the best if luck.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _Vansmak_ View Post
    At least he won't be told to strip features from his AppStore app like he was by the jailbreak dev community with springtomize.
    ?????

"The Original Modsta" _Vansmak_'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,868 Times in 1,227 Posts

He was forced to remove mobile substrates from springtomize. Never found out what dev but I assumed big boss

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just FYI Anthony, having recently finished an accounting class, the term is debits, not debts. Hope this app does well for our friend!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Two questions:

1. Can you record partial payments on a debt?

2. Can you edit a previously recorded payment, partial payment, etc.?

Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    Just FYI Anthony, having recently finished an accounting class, the term is debits, not debts. Hope this app does well for our friend!
    i'm currently taking accounting classes too! just 3 more for the CPA exam

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Novawhite View Post
    Just wanted to ask that is this application available on the App store..i was browsing for it but couldn't find it. So just tell me guys about it and if it is not present than post a link out here to download it.
    Check the link in the first post.

Thanks

If Bigarella does real well in the App Store we might not see new stuff around Cydia from him... He rocks... Springtomize 2 is the ish! A must have for any iDevice... This finances app he just released sounds right up my alley... Always have a lot of people that owe me... Luckily I only have a few people I owe at any given time... The never ending ebb and flow of dough... It comes and goes... Gotta keep on hustlin' so we can use Biga's Finances App...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,052 Times in 924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    If Bigarella does real well in the App Store we might not see new stuff around Cydia from him...
    I can't see that happening. App Store restrictions are too high and don't allow creativity. Even if he made a bunch of money w/ App Store apps, Mr Bigs wouldn't be able to help himself with coming up w/ new tweax to make the iPhone more productive!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i bought the app for the purpose of trying it, now I have a problem
    There are only 6 currencies , I need one with TShs , Tanzania Shillings
    even Indian Rupee is there in the six currencies.
    Is there a way to export the accounts data ? for safe keeping