+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Apple's Smartphone Market Share is 'Dead in The Water'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by windowsdan View Post
    I think you've not realised what "Rooting" is??

An Android phone can do most Jailbreak things stock. You only need to root to be able to access the deep system files that run the OS. It is basically required for flashing new firmware.
    i do know what rooting is, been there and done it with my HTC. Are you not flashing new firmware to get the functionality you desire?

Quote Originally Posted by Channan View Post
    How is it a bad argument? Android can do so many things without root that an iPhone requires jailbreaking to do.
    the reason its a bad argument is because the arguments contain these gems of wisdom:

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    I can do just about everything
    just about everything meaning i still have/need to root to do all the things i want to do. I'm not against Android, I have a HTC work phone and iphone for my personal phone. i just think its a really poor argument for which people have assumed im against android.

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    Try using a iPad as a phone with bluetooth headset... OH, thats right you cant. Another thing Android is better.
    WTF would i (or anyone really) want to use an ipad as a phone with a bluetooth headset? “You can merge a toaster and a refrigerator, but that’s probably not going to be pleasing to anyone.”

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Because a lot of people want to run a vanilla version of the OS, others want to overclock or underclock the CPU or voltage. Those are the main reasons for me.

Funny. Can you explain how to use the mini to make native voice calls on Verizon (no VOIP tech).
    The exact point I'm making, A PHONE SHOULD NOT BE A TABLET. It's impractical. Who in their right mind says, "you know what would be an awesome phone, my galaxy 7" or galaxy 10"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Market share is not everything and just b/c Android can sells more does not make it the best. If you delete the market share they have from free phones given out with contract to people who just want a phone that market share will shrink will get real sad real quick.

If you consider the actual amount spent by the consumer for the iOS device vs. Android that market share will look a lot less appealing.

How is it too late for Apple? The next iOS is likely to be the biggest OS change yet and likely to be on 3 different Apple phones not to mention the tablet options. They're doing what everyone claims they need to do.

Android is like an STD. Just b/c you know a lot of people who have it doesn't mean you should get it too.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to REMED1AL For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-15-2013), lokenj88 (05-15-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by REMED1AL View Post
    Android is like an STD. Just b/c you know a lot of people who have it doesn't mean you should get it too.
    Quote possibly the best thing anyone has ever said on this forum. Lmao.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

REMED1AL (05-16-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,958 Times in 2,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by simpl3lang View Post
    i like the iphone but apple really needs to make a bigger screen iphone (4.8in or above). if they do, it will definitely be my next phone. i think they can make both a small screen and a big screen to accommodate all smartphone users.
    You're joking right? Never.going.to.happen. TC just preached about how it was a major for them to go upto 4 inches! I think the S2 sizing is fair so maybe a 4 & 1/4 inch or 4 & 1/2 inch max. Will be WISHFUL thinking...4 inches is where it will stay for a LONG time...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-16-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Needs larger screen

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,451 Times in 6,379 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kgann View Post
    Needs larger screen
    Never gonna happen
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    It's called hyperbole. True, it's not a perfect example, but the comparison is not OS, it's hardware. Right to the basics, iPhone 5 has a build and design quality that far outweighs any of samsung's offerings. Sure they (samsung) have cute little niche capabilities, but honestly, I'd venture to say that the vast majority of people will never use most of the new features. Granted, the technology is inspiring, but for me, after having only had second hand iPhones that I had to fix to use, and always jailbroken, then finally getting a brand new iPhone 5 with no jailbreak, I was happy as a clam! Of course, once the jailbreak came out, I utilized it!

Samsung phones work, but they are plastic and feel cheap. At least they are copying apple (again) and adding some steal around the perimeter to "fancy it up" some. Still, my iPhone 5 (and ipad mini) have billet aluminum cases. Samsung?
    It would be hyperbole if you made a more accurate one even when you compare on hardware.
    Basics on a computing device would be the computing power.
    Galaxy S4:
    1920 x 1080 with 441 ppi (pixels per inch)
    1.9GHz
    2GB RAM
    13MP

iPhone 5:
    1136 x 640 with 326 ppi
    1.3GHz
    1GB RAM
    8MP

If you want to compare glass shell versus the plastic one, sure iPhone do feel more solid but so does a fancy paperweight. Even if you give points to Apple for pretty shell, Samsung S4 still outweight iPhone 5 with better computing hardware.

I use iPhone 5 myself, I see absolutely no innovation coming from Apple for past couple years. Even the iOS7 "new" stuff I have seen in jailbreak community for years. This is why Apple's sales have been stagnant, one can only be impressed by pretty box for so long...

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234