Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Apple's Smartphone Market Share is 'Dead in The Water'

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    You truly dont know what i mean?? I would spell it out but i already did. Ok ill try. U have a gallon of water and a gallon of milk. U put the water in ONE glass. That you made. Maybe you make three or four or five glasses but thats it. Now you put the milk in EVERY glass that you see/find. More milk in more glasses for more people. Get it? Only four or five glasses of water. Hundreds of glasses of milk. ( i hope you realize the milk in each glass is very little , like android imo while the glasses with water are COMPLETELY full). See?

Wow i just blew my own mind! 😋😋
    Your analogy is really good. Although I'd use water and water rather than water and milk. Water being the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Your analogy is really good. Although I'd use water and water rather than water and milk. Water being the OS.
    I hear ya bit was a heat of the moment thing

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shigh For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (05-14-2013)

Market share is kind of dumb to use against Apple because Apple only makes high end phones, while Android has phones ranging from flip phones all they way to the Galaxy S4's and others

Lol pretty sad that with 70 percent of the market apple is still the most profitable company.

As far as specs. iPhone doesn't need the big specs. Same with the apple computer line up. The way the OS runs doesn't require you to have crazy 8 core phones with 2 gigs of ram.

Sure there is room for improvement. But again as one of the most profitable companies in existence I believe apple is doing exactly what they need to. At the end of the day all these companies goals are to make money.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (05-14-2013), hemptation (05-14-2013), King_O_Hill (05-14-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I think Apple deserves this, maybe they will finally give many users what they want. Overhaul iOS and give me a bigger screen!
    I have a 70 inch smart TV already, I don't need another one.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

8. The Following User Says Thank You to javiert30 For This Useful Post:

novadam (05-15-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 749 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Apple needs to make a split and offer an open iOS along side it's regular iOS. They could even charge extra $ for an open license. Now that would be a game changer!
    There ya go King!!! Hell i'd pay extra for a open iOS

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-14-2013)

Well. Being an apple owner for many years. I feel inclined to defend. Seeing how my emac lasted 12-13 years before I upgraded to the new iMac. My iPhone 4 from 30 months ago still works fine to. And almost everyone I know owns an iPhone. Cause they are dependable. I got an iPhone. And I don't have to upgrade every 8 months, because Their devices will stand the test of time, as long as they are taken care of. And is probably why their sales are down. Lol. Good debatable subject either way. I will stick with my apple
    Products. Holler back
    In 12
    Months. Lol

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (05-14-2013), King_O_Hill (05-14-2013), Silverado1987 (05-14-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 749 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    Well. Being an apple owner for many years. I feel inclined to defend. Seeing how my emac lasted 12-13 years before I upgraded to the new iMac. My iPhone 4 from 30 months ago still works fine to. And almost everyone I know owns an iPhone. Cause they are dependable. I got an iPhone. And I don't have to upgrade every 8 months, because Their devices will stand the test of time, as long as they are taken care of. And is probably why their sales are down. Lol. Good debatable subject either way. I will stick with my apple
    Products. Holler back
    In 12
    Months. Lol
    NIcely put Hemp!! (knuckle bump)

You truly dont know what i mean?? I would spell it out but i already did. Ok ill try. U have a gallon of water and a gallon of milk. U put the water in ONE glass. That you made. Maybe you make three or four or five glasses but thats it. Now you put the milk in EVERY glass that you see/find. More milk in more glasses for more people. Get it? Only four or five glasses of water. Hundreds of glasses of milk. ( i hope you realize the milk in each glass is very little , like android imo while the glasses with water are COMPLETELY full). See?

Wow i just blew my own mind! 
    I didnt know what you meant because I read your post too fast and paid no thought to it.

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    give me a bigger screen!

If you want a bigger screen, but an iPad mini. A phone shouldn't double as a tablet.

And for all these people that talk about the "confines" apple has that android doesn't, the pure os of android is open source, not once it hits the phones. Get there, its locked down. WE jailbreak, THEY root. Apples to apples there (no apple pun intended)

It's great to see some folks see the reality that slapsung puts out cheap phones and tons of them. Folks, ill go with quality over quantity every frikin time. Apple ain't broke but they do need an overhaul and its coming.

I love my Samdung

Quote Originally Posted by justinpotter81 View Post
    I love my Samdung
    Haha I get it! cause the phone is crap!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    It's great to see some folks see the reality that slapsung puts out cheap phones and tons of them. Folks, ill go with quality over quantity every frikin time. Apple ain't broke but they do need an overhaul and its coming.
    Amen to that brother

Wow i just blew my own mind! 
    That was a really terrible explanation.

The iPhone was innovative when it first appeared but has been surpassed by many other handsets both in quality and features. I have owned an HTC One X and Lumia 920 which both pack more features and better cameras. The one thing they lack is the AppStore. IMHO customer demand will eventually wake apple to their senses and a massive overhaul will happen. Every so many years companies need to rethink their products to stay innovative. Every company submits in the end or meets their end.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Dummy For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (05-15-2013)

So it turns out Suzuki sold 1896 cars last year while Ferrari sold only 523. That's a 78.3% market share holding by Suzuki. Clearly Ferrari needs to do something quick...

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rcworship For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (05-15-2013), King_O_Hill (05-15-2013), novadam (05-15-2013), vinaygoel2000 (05-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Spyruf View Post
    Market share is kind of dumb to use against Apple because Apple only makes high end phones, while Android has phones ranging from flip phones all they way to the Galaxy S4's and others
    Common sense at last!

Its about time they started thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Perhaps Apple should start thinking about bring out something new instead of a slight improvement to their last handset every time

Why is it always iOS vs Android,just compare phone with phone,I was in a room with 10 other ppl and 9 of the phones were an iPhone..not a coincidence

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast