+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 68

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Report: Apple's Smartphone Market Share is 'Dead in The Water'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by shigh You truly dont know what i mean?? I would spell it out but i already did. Ok ill try. U have a gallon of water and
...
  1. #21
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    747
    Thanks
    396
    Thanked 76 Times in 61 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    You truly dont know what i mean?? I would spell it out but i already did. Ok ill try. U have a gallon of water and a gallon of milk. U put the water in ONE glass. That you made. Maybe you make three or four or five glasses but thats it. Now you put the milk in EVERY glass that you see/find. More milk in more glasses for more people. Get it? Only four or five glasses of water. Hundreds of glasses of milk. ( i hope you realize the milk in each glass is very little , like android imo while the glasses with water are COMPLETELY full). See?

    Wow i just blew my own mind! 😋😋
    Your analogy is really good. Although I'd use water and water rather than water and milk. Water being the OS.

  2. #22
    iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 35 Times in 24 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Your analogy is really good. Although I'd use water and water rather than water and milk. Water being the OS.
    I hear ya bit was a heat of the moment thing

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to shigh For This Useful Post:

    vinaygoel2000 (05-14-2013)

  4. #23
    Green Apple Spyruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Market share is kind of dumb to use against Apple because Apple only makes high end phones, while Android has phones ranging from flip phones all they way to the Galaxy S4's and others

  5. #24
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

    Lol pretty sad that with 70 percent of the market apple is still the most profitable company.

    As far as specs. iPhone doesn't need the big specs. Same with the apple computer line up. The way the OS runs doesn't require you to have crazy 8 core phones with 2 gigs of ram.

    Sure there is room for improvement. But again as one of the most profitable companies in existence I believe apple is doing exactly what they need to. At the end of the day all these companies goals are to make money.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

    Carvensno (05-14-2013), hemptation (05-14-2013), King_O_Hill (05-14-2013)

  7. #25
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,194
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 112 Times in 85 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I think Apple deserves this, maybe they will finally give many users what they want. Overhaul iOS and give me a bigger screen!
    I have a 70 inch smart TV already, I don't need another one.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to javiert30 For This Useful Post:

    novadam (05-15-2013)

  9. #26
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,672
    Thanks
    2,488
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 667 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Apple needs to make a split and offer an open iOS along side it's regular iOS. They could even charge extra $ for an open license. Now that would be a game changer!
    There ya go King!!! Hell i'd pay extra for a open iOS

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (05-14-2013)

  11. #27
    Alliance hemptation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Madison,MS
    Posts
    3,154
    Thanks
    31,802
    Thanked 11,236 Times in 2,713 Posts

    Well. Being an apple owner for many years. I feel inclined to defend. Seeing how my emac lasted 12-13 years before I upgraded to the new iMac. My iPhone 4 from 30 months ago still works fine to. And almost everyone I know owns an iPhone. Cause they are dependable. I got an iPhone. And I don't have to upgrade every 8 months, because Their devices will stand the test of time, as long as they are taken care of. And is probably why their sales are down. Lol. Good debatable subject either way. I will stick with my apple
    Products. Holler back
    In 12
    Months. Lol

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

    Carvensno (05-14-2013), King_O_Hill (05-14-2013), Silverado1987 (05-14-2013)

  13. #28
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,672
    Thanks
    2,488
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 667 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    Well. Being an apple owner for many years. I feel inclined to defend. Seeing how my emac lasted 12-13 years before I upgraded to the new iMac. My iPhone 4 from 30 months ago still works fine to. And almost everyone I know owns an iPhone. Cause they are dependable. I got an iPhone. And I don't have to upgrade every 8 months, because Their devices will stand the test of time, as long as they are taken care of. And is probably why their sales are down. Lol. Good debatable subject either way. I will stick with my apple
    Products. Holler back
    In 12
    Months. Lol
    NIcely put Hemp!! (knuckle bump)

  14. #29
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    You truly dont know what i mean?? I would spell it out but i already did. Ok ill try. U have a gallon of water and a gallon of milk. U put the water in ONE glass. That you made. Maybe you make three or four or five glasses but thats it. Now you put the milk in EVERY glass that you see/find. More milk in more glasses for more people. Get it? Only four or five glasses of water. Hundreds of glasses of milk. ( i hope you realize the milk in each glass is very little , like android imo while the glasses with water are COMPLETELY full). See?

    Wow i just blew my own mind! 
    I didnt know what you meant because I read your post too fast and paid no thought to it.

  15. #30
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    give me a bigger screen!

    If you want a bigger screen, but an iPad mini. A phone shouldn't double as a tablet.

    And for all these people that talk about the "confines" apple has that android doesn't, the pure os of android is open source, not once it hits the phones. Get there, its locked down. WE jailbreak, THEY root. Apples to apples there (no apple pun intended)

  16. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts

    It's great to see some folks see the reality that slapsung puts out cheap phones and tons of them. Folks, ill go with quality over quantity every frikin time. Apple ain't broke but they do need an overhaul and its coming.

  17. #32
    Green Apple justinpotter81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    I love my Samdung

  18. #33
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    642
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 88 Times in 70 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by justinpotter81 View Post
    I love my Samdung
    Haha I get it! cause the phone is crap!

  19. #34
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,402
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 207 Times in 160 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    It's great to see some folks see the reality that slapsung puts out cheap phones and tons of them. Folks, ill go with quality over quantity every frikin time. Apple ain't broke but they do need an overhaul and its coming.
    Amen to that brother

  20. #35
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    You truly dont know what i mean?? I would spell it out but i already did. Ok ill try. U have a gallon of water and a gallon of milk. U put the water in ONE glass. That you made. Maybe you make three or four or five glasses but thats it. Now you put the milk in EVERY glass that you see/find. More milk in more glasses for more people. Get it? Only four or five glasses of water. Hundreds of glasses of milk. ( i hope you realize the milk in each glass is very little , like android imo while the glasses with water are COMPLETELY full). See?

    Wow i just blew my own mind! 
    That was a really terrible explanation.

  21. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,882
    Thanks
    1,457
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

    The iPhone was innovative when it first appeared but has been surpassed by many other handsets both in quality and features. I have owned an HTC One X and Lumia 920 which both pack more features and better cameras. The one thing they lack is the AppStore. IMHO customer demand will eventually wake apple to their senses and a massive overhaul will happen. Every so many years companies need to rethink their products to stay innovative. Every company submits in the end or meets their end.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Dummy For This Useful Post:

    Carvensno (05-15-2013)

  23. #37
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts

    So it turns out Suzuki sold 1896 cars last year while Ferrari sold only 523. That's a 78.3% market share holding by Suzuki. Clearly Ferrari needs to do something quick...

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rcworship For This Useful Post:

    Carvensno (05-15-2013), King_O_Hill (05-15-2013), novadam (05-15-2013), vinaygoel2000 (05-15-2013)

  25. #38
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyruf View Post
    Market share is kind of dumb to use against Apple because Apple only makes high end phones, while Android has phones ranging from flip phones all they way to the Galaxy S4's and others
    Common sense at last!

  26. #39
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Its about time they started thinking about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Perhaps Apple should start thinking about bring out something new instead of a slight improvement to their last handset every time

  27. #40
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 6 Posts

    Why is it always iOS vs Android,just compare phone with phone,I was in a room with 10 other ppl and 9 of the phones were an iPhone..not a coincidence

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts