Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Adds Samsung Galaxy S4 to Second Patent Infringement Lawsuit

Thanks

Default Apple Adds Samsung Galaxy S4 to Second Patent Infringement Lawsuit

In a recent court filing, Apple extended its ongoing litigation struggle with Samsung, adding the company’s recently released Galaxy S4 to the list of devices Apple says infringe on its patented designs. The addition of the Galaxy S4 to the list of infringing products will require the removal of one of the 22 other Samsung devices on the list. That list includes Samsung’s better selling products such as the Galaxy Note line, the Galaxy S II and Galaxy S III. It also happens to include a range of other Samsung devices, ones that presumably haven’t sold nearly as well.

Samsung launched the Galaxy S4 just weeks ago in its latest attempt to knock Apple from the top of the smartphone profitability charts. The new flagship model has been deemed to be a large refinement of the widely popular Galaxy S3 but Samsung seems to be pushing a larger marketing campaign in order to take the top spot in the industry.

According to Apple’s filing regarding the new Samsung device:

Based on Apple’s analysis of the Galaxy S4, Apple has concluded that it is an infringing device and accordingly intends to move for leave to add the Galaxy S4 as an infringing product. Upon the grant of such motion, Apple will eliminate (without prejudice) one of the Accused Products named herein, so that it will continue to accuse only 22 products of infringement at this stage of the litigation.
    In the forthcoming trial, the court ordered both parties to narrow the scope of their complaints so the proceedings move at a swifter pace. Apple’s filing notes that Samsung has been attempting to limit its exposure in the case by demanding that Apple list each allegedly offending device on each carrier as a separate product.

As of right now, the judge presiding over the case has ordered that the trial be put on hold until an appeals court hands down a ruling pertaining to the original Apple vs. Samsung court trial. The original trial is the case in which Apple won a $1.5 billion judgment against Samsung. Proceedings of for the new trial are expected to begin in March 2014 so we’ll have to wait to see what happens.

Source: The Verge

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Its simple Samsung. DON'T COPY AND THIS WONT HAPPEN......

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood6415 View Post
    Spoken like a true Ifag.

You speak like a true Iphag.

Spoken like a true I-sheep.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to barondebxl For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (05-14-2013)

Is this rubbish still going on? I like everyone else is fed up with the mud slinging between two very popular mobile phone makers

They both need to grow up

Lol... and just what did samsung copy? Was it the rounded corner rectangle... give it a break already. Apple made something that changed the game and now they are mad that others are finally keeping up and actually making improved products. This is how free market and capitalism are suppose to work. Apple just wants to have a monopoly and be done with it. A chair can be made with anywhere from 1 leg to 4 but just because we both built chairs doesn't mean anyone copied anything, it just means we were trying to solve the same problem and came to similar conclusions. The S4 is in no way an iPhone, it's infinitely better... IMHO.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ednometry For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (05-14-2013)

How many courts outside of USA courts have ruled in favor of Apple? Just curious
    mod/edit links removed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Loved your comment. If they spent half f the money into creating new Ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by ednometry View Post
    Lol... and just what did samsung copy? Was it the rounded corner rectangle... give it a break already. Apple made something that changed the game and now they are mad that others are finally keeping up and actually making improved products. This is how free market and capitalism are suppose to work. Apple just wants to have a monopoly and be done with it. A chair can be made with anywhere from 1 leg to 4 but just because we both built chairs doesn't mean anyone copied anything, it just means we were trying to solve the same problem and came to similar conclusions. The S4 is in no way an iPhone, it's infinitely better... IMHO.

For an apple forum there are a lot of haters

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

open a book you iSheep , steve jobs talks about being shameless when it comes to stealing in the book. One of the more popular quotes being "good artists copy great artists steal." Which originated from Picasso. What's good for the goose is good for the ganger. Perhaps Nokia might have a few things to say to apple when apple was sued over the 1st iPhone. Your useless comments are not needed.

I just cant bring myself to go to an android forum and troll.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyScottie View Post
    open a book you iSheep , steve jobs talks about being shameless when it comes to stealing in the book. One of the more popular quotes being "good artists copy great artists steal." Which originated from Picasso. What's good for the goose is good for the ganger. Perhaps Nokia might have a few things to say to apple when apple was sued over the 1st iPhone. Your useless comments are not needed.
    Your misspelled word (gander) is not needed. Nor is your input. This is not mod my malware ridden android. Its mod my I. Like the first letter in ....Iphone. Weird i know. Yet undisputedly true
    Last edited by shigh; 05-14-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Is this rubbish still going on? I like everyone else is fed up with the mud slinging between two very popular mobile phone makers

Why are you on ModMy"i".com?

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post

Your misspelled word (gander) is not needed. Nor is your input. This is not mod my malware ridden android. Its mod my I. Like the first letter in ....Iphone. Weird i know. Yet undisputedly true
    Same with you, why are you on this website? Lame dude.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    Coz he (shigh) loves iPhones would be my guess. Same reason me and you are here.

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Coz he (shigh) loves iPhones would be my guess. Same reason me and you are here.
    Thank you. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post

I realize i am trolling to some degree but at least i am trolling in favor of the device this site is based on. I feel its justified.

To be completely fair i just want to argue and doing that with that wife is a losing battle. So i chose this instead because once im sober i wont care anyway. So.....sorry.
    Last edited by shigh; 05-14-2013 at 07:39 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to shigh For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (05-14-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post

simple typo. Not trolling, have an iPad and used to have an iphone 3g, 3gs and 4 until i switched to samsung

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

So you are saying that just because it is shaped like a rectangle with rounded corners, has a differently shaped home button and both have 16:9 screen aspect ratio, they copied? They look nothing identical and they function completely different. Open your eyes to the non-Apple world and once you see it, you will realize how f**ked up Apple's business practices are. Like someone mentioned earlier, the US and most of the world has a capitalist economy which gives businesses an opportunity to hit it big and give consumers a variety of products to choose from. I have no problem with companies trying to hit it big, but they need to do it fairly and not sue the s**t out of other companies to get ahead. I'm sure if more people knew how skewed the whole lawsuit was, people would probably quit supporting Apple. I know a few people that actually did that

Maybe if Apple would put half the money they use in lawsuits towards better devices they may have a better phone than the S4.

Lol, quoted were totally supposed to go to Baron and Jersey, not you guys - whoops.

Here we go again...another lawsuit ?

Apple realizes that they have lost the smartphone market and now wants to make money by suing. Apple is just a bully and it's about time someone (Samsung) KO's them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    wow this is really starting to become really lame.this must be Apple's only thing they can do is sue Samsung.I bet there will be plenty of people disapointed by the iPhone 5s or i6 or actually the the iphone 7.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast