Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Promotion Ends, Raises Down Payment of iPhone 5 to $150

Thanks

Default T-Mobile Promotion Ends, Raises Down Payment of iPhone 5 to $150

When T-Mobile first launched the iPhone last month, customers could purchase it for a $100 down payment with 24 monthly payments of $20 to cover the full cost of the device. The promotion has now ended and the 16GB iPhone 5 has its price tag increased by $50, now up to a $150 down payment with the same monthly payments. What this does is effectively raise the cost of the phone to $630 from $580 over the life of the plan according to TmoNews.

The 32GB and 64GB iPhone 5 models have seen a similar $50 price tag increase. Buying a 16GB iPhone 5 though T-Mobile is still cheaper than buying an unlocked iPhone from Apple in comparison as the device is still $650 and there is no monthly payment option if bought directly from Apple.

T-Mobile is said to be continuing taking in trade-ins of current iPhone models to reduce the down payment required. The company reported last week that it had sold more than 500,000 iPhones in less than a month after launch.

Source: TmoNews

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Why am I not surprised... I thought t mobile was finally changing there ways... And to think i was thinking of giving up Verizon and gettin the 5S on t mobile... :sigh:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm glad that I finally got my Iphone 5 before the change. I was going to wait until the 5s came out, but I pulled the trigger on the 5. I guess t-mobile saw how many people were getting the 5, so why not bump up the price on them by $50.00 but at least there still taking in trade in's on the older iphone. Which you can prob go to the ecoatm machine and get more cash that way.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't recall seeing the word "promotion" when they first announced that iPhone 5 will be available for $99 down. Greedy basturds.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's how this world works. Its all about making money somewhere. Yeah your right about that. When the Iphone 5 came too t-mobile, there was no promotion about the $99.00 down payment would be for a limited time or anything.