+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Googiri' Lets You Take Advantage of Google Search's Speech to Text Engine for Siri

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Googiri' Lets You Take Advantage of Google Search's Speech to Text Engine for Siri

More than likely, you’ve experienced the “Siri Can’t Ever Get What I’m trying to Say Correctly” Syndrome. If so, then you’re probably either sick of Siri, or you’ve moved over to Google Search’s Voice Search feature.

With a new free jailbreak tweak called Googiri by iOS developer MattCMultimedia, you can have the best of both worlds. The tweak lets you speak to the voice feature in the Google Search application so that you can take advantage of the awesome Speech to Text engine that the Google Search application has. After the Google Search application has figured out what you said, your input can be automatically routed directly to Siri.

This is a useful feature because the Google Search application’s voice feature has a truly amazing Speech to Text engine. While Siri has a lot of trouble understanding what we say a lot of times, it’s noticeable how much more accurate the Google Search application’s voice feature is at detecting what we say.

Googiri comes with a preferences pane where you can enable and disable the tweak on demand, or control what kinds of things are routed to Siri. You can choose to have only the things that you start with “Siri,” or “Hey Siri” get routed to Siri, or you can choose to have everything you say in the Google Search application get routed to Siri:

If you want to give Googiri a try, you will find it for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

The developer highly recommends setting up an Activator action with NowNow so that you can bring up the Google Search voice feature as easily as you can bring up Siri in iOS!

Name: Googiri
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: Google Search, Siri capability
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: MattCMultimedia
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

Amazing, and a very friendly developer. Jail breaking is at a peak with tweaks

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't use Siri ... But this is a wicked tweak IMO.

Well done. Smart man. Dev should also TM the tweak name... Clever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Works like a charm with NowNow. GREAT stuff!

Green Apple
    Thanks

but this only works once.
    once you are in siri, the next request goes directly to siri and not google now.
    can you continue using the voice-to-text feature of google now and always feed it to siri?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Enters in to safe mode when I ask to open A app, still needs some work great app tho ? now now & and googiri
    Last edited by Cmds187; 05-14-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yohu123 View Post
    but this only works once.
    once you are in siri, the next request goes directly to siri and not google now.
    can you continue using the voice-to-text feature of google now and always feed it to siri?
    Yep that's the reason I deleted it. Good work tho

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So can't you do a CLOSE SIRI command to get you out of SIRI? Thus back to working again?

The command is GOODBYE SIRI and then SIRI closes. You are back to GOOGLE SEARCH. So that's the fix. Not hard.
    Last edited by offroad1994; 05-15-2013 at 04:48 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Also using DISMISSSIRI tweak might help