+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly Tweak Recap May 6 - May 12

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Weekly Tweak Recap May 6 - May 12

In case you've missed out on the new jailbreak tweaks Cydia has seen, this recap will highlight the tweaks we've shown you this week. These are in no specific order.

1. Axis – 99

Axis is a new jailbreak tweak that allows you to customize up to five different grabbers for the lock screen. This tweak allows you to easily open up to five applications from the lock screen by swiping to the side, and then swiping up when you select the application you want. You can use any applications you want; however, the tweak comes with several pre-loaded application icon themes that will match the applications you choose.

2. MiniPlayer – $2

MiniPlayer is a new jailbreak tweak that puts an iTunes 11-like music player at your disposal in iOS. The MiniPlayer lets you control your music with play/pause buttons, previous/next buttons, and even displays some information about the currently-playing song. The MiniPlayer can be hidden or shown whether you’re on the lock screen, within an application, or on the home screen. You can even adjust its position on the screen.

3. Affix - FREE

Affix is a very simple jailbreak tweak that adds a button to Notification Center in iOS to match the button in Notification Center for Mac OS X Mountain Lion. The button, when tapped, takes you straight to the Notifications preferences pane in the Settings application so you can adjust its options.

4. Side2Kill - FREE

Slide2Kill is a simple jailbreak tweak that lets you swipe down on application icons to remove them from the App Switcher rather than putting application icons in jiggle mode and then tapping on the close buttons.

5. Athena - 99

Athena allows the user to apply color schemes to the home screen application icons. Users will find settings for color scheme, color intensity, blend mode, and alpha levels. The tweak gives users a deep system for customization in iOS.

6. ipEQ for iPhone - $2

ipEQ for iPhone is a sound equalizer for the stock iOS Music application. The tweak comes with adjustable sliders for a low pass filter, high pass filter, high shelf, and bass booster. The settings will adjust the sound of the music as it plays in real time, so you’ll be able to find that sweet spot you’ve always been looking for easily.

7. RemoveNCStatusBar - FREE

RemoveNCStatusBar is a simple tweak that hides the Status Bar in Notification Center. In addition, the tweak also moves the Notification Center content up more to fill the empty space. This gives users more room for widgets and notifications.

8. Photo Organizer Pro - 99

Photo Organizer Pro is the new pro version of Photo Organizer. The tweak gives the user features such as sorting images in an album by date, name, or file size, selecting multiple photos at once, changing the order of photos in an album, moving rather than copying photos from one album to another, using multi-touch to select more than one photo in an album, and rearranging the order of albums in your Photos application.

9. I'm Listening - 99

I’m Listening is a simple jailbreak tweak that allows the user to tap and hold on the pause button on the lock screen to pull up sharing options for the music that they are currently playing. Users can also do the same with the music application icon in Auxo.

10. Message Send Percent - FREE

Message Send Percent is a simple jailbreak tweak that shows the percent progress of an outgoing text messages or iMessage.

11. NoActivity - FREE

NoActivity is a simple jailbreak tweak that hides the Status Bar loading circle that appears when loading data over the Internet to help de-clutter the Status Bar.

12. Triple Tap To Clear - FREE

Triple Tap To Clear lets you tap three times in the Messages application text field to easily clear any text that is in it. This method is faster than having to hold down on the backspace key to delete a lot of text.

13. Stopwatch for Velox - FREE

Stopwatch for Velox is an add-on for Velox that lets users control their stopwatch in a folder-like interface.

14. Addial for Velox - FREE

Addial for Velox is an add-on for Velox that lets users add contacts, call contacts, and dial phone numbers by swiping down on the Contacts application icon.

15. Torch for Velox - FREE

Torch for Velox is an add-on for Velox that lets users swipe down on one of nine Flashlight applications from the App Store to activate the flashlight.

Stay tuned for next week's Weekly Tweak Recap - only on ModMyi!

If you missed our previous Weekly Tweak Recap, you can view it from this link.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

zplit (05-13-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

All these addons for Velox are technically plugins, not full tweaks.
    But great article, love mini player, and axis! Got them both, and no complaints.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

new buddy here, i hope to get some justified knowledge from the present group here and hope to be an active user on this community
    click here >>>QVC Coupon

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobynKeith View Post
    new buddy here, i hope to get some justified knowledge from the present group here and hope to be an active user on this community
    Welcome!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bisayakid07 For This Useful Post:

Jokadaking (05-13-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jps1012's Avatar
    Thanks
    Is Photo Organizer Pro the best photos manager tweak?

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobynKeith View Post
    Yes, Welcome!
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Velox caused my phone to crash. Multiple times. So I removed it

Thanks

The more a tweak does, the more wary I am to install it. I didn't install Velox simply because I don't see a need for it, and it probably eats your battery and free mem for dinner.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Axis also cause a few crashes. I had it a few weeks ago. Uninstalled. I'd rather stability.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iH85CH001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raybeast View Post
    All these addons for Velox are technically plugins, not full tweaks.
    But great article, love mini player, and axis! Got them both, and no complaints.
    exactly what i was thinking, and to be honest, i really dont like velox anyway. i find nothing wrong with just opening the dang app... :0

Green Apple
    Thanks

Off topic, but does anyone know the tweak that allows you to long press a text box, an option allows you to enter some common used entries? I am referring to instead of just "paste," I can choose something I have edited in the settings, such as my email address. I hate having to type out my email address all the time.

I remember I had a program like that before but I cannot find it now.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danman2_2999 View Post
    Off topic, but does anyone know the tweak that allows you to long press a text box, an option allows you to enter some common used entries? I am referring to instead of just "paste," I can choose something I have edited in the settings, such as my email address. I hate having to type out my email address all the time.

I remember I had a program like that before but I cannot find it now.

Thanks
    The tweak you are referring to is called Action Menu Plus Pack I believe