Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Axis' is An Upcoming Jailbreak Tweak That Gives You Additional Lock Screen Grabbers

Default 'Axis' is An Upcoming Jailbreak Tweak That Gives You Additional Lock Screen Grabbers

Those of you that have been looking for the perfect lock screen application icon shortcut jailbreak tweak that’s non-obtrusive and isn’t ugly will want to check out an upcoming jailbreak tweak called Axis by iOS developer Rudolf Lichtner and human interface designer Sentry_NC. Axis is a lot like Grabby; however, Axis is a project that has been in development prior to the release of Grabby – you will be able to tell right off the bat when you see what Axis can do and the attention to detail that was put into the design.

As shown above, Axis lets you hold down on the lock screen’s Camera Grabber to reveal additional grabbers. You can configure the grabbers to point to any applications you want them to. By default, they point to the Notes, Music, Messages, Phone, and Camera applications.

After you have revealed the additional grabbers, you can drag your finger to the right or left, without letting go of the display, to select a different grabber. Two indicator marks at the top and bottom of the grabber icon indicate which grabber is selected. When you drag up while a grabber icon is selected, the application that the grabber icon is linked to will launch.

All of Axis' configurations are set via the Settings application in the Axis preferences pane:

You will be able to select any of the 5 shortcuts at the top of the preferences pane to put the focus on it, and then you will be able to select the application that you want to open when you use the corresponding grabber via the lock screen. you will notice that applications are separated by groups; Axis separates application by the following groups:

• Basic
    • Camera
    • Photos
    • Weather
    • Maps
    • Messaging
    • Social
    • Productivity
    • News
    • Music
    • Video

You may notice that not all of the application icons in the Axis preferences pane show up – this is because the tweak pulls the application icons for applications that are installed on your iOS device. If the application is not installed on your iOS device, then the application icon for that application will be blank.

Users will also be able to create their own custom shortcuts.

One of the cool features about Axis is that when you select an application that isn’t one of the stock five applications, the icons for the grabbers actually change to grabber-like icons rather than showing the application icons on the lock screen, which is why we said a lot of attention to detail was put into the design of this tweak. There is a large library of custom icons for the supported applications:

Overall, we are impressed by the features, design, and overall flexibility of the Axis jailbreak tweak. If you are interested in Axis, the tweak will be available soon for 99 in Cydia. Keep your eyes peeled!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 05-12-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

BUT! Will this allow you to bypass the passcode for those apps? I want to be able to access the music and twitter app without the need to type my password in each time

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EddieLeonard For This Useful Post:

P!K@N!MO (05-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by EddieLeonard View Post
    BUT! Will this allow you to bypass the passcode for those apps? I want to be able to access the music and twitter app without the need to type my password in each time
    Then isnt that a security risk? Someone nicks your iPhone and they try unlocking it the normal way (and no luck) then they try these 'grabby' options and viola, they're into your iPhone and can view everything, contacts, messages, etc.

Its probably better if it doesnt bypass our security passcodes, but i do understand what you mean, if its like that then you'd rather type in your passcode and click the application yourself!

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

I still think atom is the better way to go for app shortcuts. It gives your phone more personality in my opinion

I am the only one who has noticed all the best recently made tweaks have letters from the end of the alphabet in their name:
    Zephyr
    aXis
    auXo
    veloX

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfinalhack View Post
    I am the only one who has noticed all the best recently made tweaks have letters from the end of the alphabet in their name:
    Zephyr
    aXis
    auXo
    veloX
    Omg and when you type them out in a list they spell ZXXX on a perfect downward slant. It must be a master conspiracy!

I'm sure it's just coincidence dude. How about atom?
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Zephyr
    aXis
    auXo
    veloX
    Zephyr has been out since iOS 5 days, if you consider that "recent".

If you wanna bypass your pass code. Then don't have a pass code

Quote Originally Posted by Adz2010 View Post
    Then isnt that a security risk? Someone nicks your iPhone and they try unlocking it the normal way (and no luck) then they try these 'grabby' options and viola, they're into your iPhone and can view everything, contacts, messages, etc.

Its probably better if it doesnt bypass our security passcodes, but i do understand what you mean, if its like that then you'd rather type in your passcode and click the application yourself!
    If you are security conscious then you obviously select the apps that pose no security risk like camera, clock, calculator, safari, music etc. I use the stopwatch a lot a the gym; so would rather not have a passcode.

Ideally instead of passcode on/off for all apps, it would be useful if you could individually select which apps should request a passcode. Now that would be awesome.

This was developed by rudolf because he was mad that Ryan petrich made grabby before he did. Rudolf, always 2 steps behind

Quote Originally Posted by Adz2010 View Post

Grabby has an on/off passcode toggle. When the passcode is disable you can access the apps you choose but when end the app, you gos back to the lockscreen. I like this feature and would like Grabby better if accessing the chosen apps were not in a straight line. I like the look of Atom better.

It's out now keep up with these lock screen tweaks, love changing between then every other day for a change just shame a lot of them aren't compatible with iPad

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    I still think atom is the better way to go for app shortcuts. It gives your phone more personality in my opinion
    Was thinking the same thing. Don't feel I need anything else ATM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EddieLeonard View Post
    Then use Grabby by Ryan Petrich.

Axis is out and I love it. It's better than atom because it is discreet. Also, because it is used similar to grabby u don't have to fumble with the phone trying to reach around the screen for quick access to the app you are trying to open.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,300 Times in 1,018 Posts

I'm so confused...
    1) First, Grabby was free in Ryan's repo.
    2) Then, it was publicly released as a paid tweak.
    3) Now, Axis arrives and:
    -Looks exactly like Grabby
    -Acts exactly like Grabby
    -Is a paid tweak
    -Doesn't bypass the security lock unlike Grabby

Sooo, how is this 'unique' and 'productive?'

Please, someone explain.....

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I'm so confused...
    -Is a paid tweak

Grabby doesn't display the app short cuts until u slide the grabber to the left, axis shows a more elusive display when the grabber is pressed and held(for some of us who can't remember the apps that are set on the Lockscreen). the display of axis doesn't highlight the apps to keep your app short cuts discreet. That and the fact it's a buck cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I'm so confused...
    -Is a paid tweak

From what I understand, Axis is the original jailbreak tweak version of the concept; this is the tweak Sentry_NC personally helped with.

You will be able to tell right off the bat the differences; Axis has had more time spent on its animations, user interface, and design.

Grabby is good for the minimalists that don't care too much about that and just want the core functionality.

Axis is not a copy of Grabby by any means.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 05-13-2013 at 01:18 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (05-13-2013), Jokadaking (05-12-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokadaking View Post
    Axis is out and I love it. It's better than atom because it is discreet. Also, because it is used similar to grabby u don't have to fumble with the phone trying to reach around the screen for quick access to the app you are trying to open.
    Atom was not made to be discreet, it's not just for app shortcuts, it's a lockscreen replacement. They are both great tweaks, I only said atom was a better way to go for personality (a more unique device) If you like minimalistic, yet elegant, then of course Axis would be the better choice. Note the last 3 words of my first post "In my opinion"
    Last edited by 5kylar; 05-13-2013 at 08:02 AM.
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

Zephyr
    aXis
    auXo
    veloX

yeah dude you the only one for sure! lool

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrBozack For This Useful Post:

5kylar (05-13-2013), vinaygoel2000 (05-13-2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast